Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It's $32 mil til after next season I'm pretty sure. At least that was before the recent supposed renegotiations.

I’m pretty sure it is 75% of his remaining salary no mater when it happens. He gets paid monthly. He would also be entitled to a bowl game bonus and another bonus if he is still the coach after signing day. There is no dateit goes down it goes down each month after we pay him. Also his salary will increase next year if we retain him.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Sooooo someone help me out here. Is it a done deal he is coming back? I see some on here and Twitter acting as if its a done deal but some are acting as if nothing is for certain...

Nothing is final right now. 

They shouldn't even give Gus a choice, the man is stubborn enough that he might accept being a graduate assistant if that's his only option to still be at Auburn.

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Sooooo someone help me out here. Is it a done deal he is coming back? I see some on here and Twitter acting as if its a done deal but some are acting as if nothing is for certain...

My understanding it’s in Gus’s court now but I’m still not sure that they still wouldn’t fire him if he chose to stay.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's not delusional in thinking that Auburn gives him a better chance at winning one than any other job available right now.  If that's his priority, then he's right to want to stay.

His coaching, or lack thereof, isn't my point.  It's about recruiting base, facilities, financial support, etc.  

Oh we don’t disagree in the slightest on this. Just saying HE isn’t the one to do it. I agree we’re his best shot. Maybe he could go down a division or two. 

I just don't know how to process this cluster if what's being rumored and innuendo'd is indeed correct. It's on a level of ineptness my brain just cannot comprehend.

Unless they just threw out Plan C because they thought no idiot would ever take it; but then he did. Now they'll just go with Plan F(U) and fire him.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

With my daughter likely coming to the US and Auburn in 2021 to begin her education.  I am a little concerned that this type of incompetence on the adminstration's part is going to drive up tuition and cost.  Should I be concerned?  Please set this poor missionaries mind at ease.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

With my daughter likely coming to the US and Auburn in 2021 to begin her education.  I am a little concerned that this type of incompetence on the adminstration's part is going to drive up tuition and cost.  Should I be concerned?  Please set this poor missionaries mind at ease.

Auburn athletics (specifically football) is a revenue generator & isn't funded by tuition, student fees, etc.  Running Auburn football & running the rest of the university are two very different things.  While the increased prestige, licensing, etc. that comes with being a successful football or basketball school is nice, it's not a big deal for the academics.  

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

My understanding it’s in Gus’s court now but I’m still not sure that they still wouldn’t fire him if he chose to stay.

Good grief they are just dragging this out. But, its not my millions of bucks so I guess I might feel differently if it was.  I just wonder if anyone, anyone at all up there has the program’s best interests at heart? Even the boosters, is it their ego they are worried about or the actual program itself? Are they worried about facing their big whig bama friends or are they concerned with getting Auburn to a higher level?  Its frustrating as a long time fan and supporter of Auburn to see this kind of crap over and over with coaching

28 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Thank you ToraGirl.  Means alot, really.  Send a prayer up for her as she is preparing to take her first ACT test in a couple months.  She's a straight "A" student, so hopefully she will do well.  We are prepared to take it a few times to try and get the best score possible.  We are shooting for a 32, but we would be happy with a 30.  We shall see.  Will be apply for any and all scholarships as available.  Pray also that we will be considered in-state residence.  We have been in Indonesia since she was 3 years old and our US residence has been my parents house in Boaz since we left.  Little tricky to prove residency when you live overseas.  I am working with the residency office to provide as much proof as I can prior to her graduation.  Was able to visit with them when we came back to the US this past summer and we toured campus.  Trusting the Lord to make it happen if it's HIS will.  Blessings, and thanks again for the encouraging words.

I will!  She is SET!  Have a look at the AU scholarship section...Presidential, etc.  I think John Michael went 28, 29, and 32 finally.  She should be in her wheelhouse.  It's a configuration of GPA (high school), ACT, etc.  AU won't tell you an exact formula.  There may be specific ones for, say, Marshall County (that's Boaz, right?) through extension, etc.  Often someone from an area wants to bless someone younger and coming up from the same area and scholarships are tailored that way.  If I see some, I'll pass them on.  Hang in there, and you are more than welcome!  Prayers and would cherish yours...lots of ministry decisions right now!  

8 hours ago, Tiger said:

How awkward will everything be if Gus is not fired??? Yikes

This 

whatever is going on has to be cleared up and cleaned up . AU has to have a good recruiting class 

24 minutes ago, Aunonymous said:

Auburn athletics (specifically football) is a revenue generator & isn't funded by tuition, student fees, etc.  Running Auburn football & running the rest of the university are two very different things.  While the increased prestige, licensing, etc. that comes with being a successful football or basketball school is nice, it's not a big deal for the academics.  

Not quite true.  If you look at 2010, applications went through the roof thanks to the football season.  It was no coincidence as well that the average ACT score was higher than ever too.  Bama is seeing a similar effect on their student population too.  Attracting applications from a larger base and it's getting harder and harder for kids to get in there.  When I went to AU in 2001, I made a 24 on my ACT and easily got in. Today, that score would be laughed at unless I could play sports.

With this fiasco we will be lucky to be in the top 20 in recruiting. Unless we get big game Bob 😂

Yep, how on earth can he walk into a recruits house and with a straight face tell them he knows he will be there past next season?  It was tough enough before all this coming off another disappointing season and all the negativity surrounding the program. Now, its darn near impossible.  

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not quite true.  If you look at 2010, applications went through the roof thanks to the football season.  It was no coincidence as well that the average ACT score was higher than ever too.  Bama is seeing a similar effect on their student population too.  Attracting applications from a larger base and it's getting harder and harder for kids to get in there.  When I went to AU in 2001, I made a 24 on my ACT and easily got in. Today, that score would be laughed at unless I could play sports.

Exactly people like Harbert and Raines not only give to AU football they also give to AU academics.

It is taking a while. My theory is we tried for Stoops and missed. Now the PTB can't figure out what to do. Most still want Gus gone, but don't won't to pony up the buyout for someone who is not a "homerun" hire. So now they are offering Gus terms they don't think he will agree to so he can "stay," hoping he will leave on his own so we don't have to pay him $32MM.

So not only has this plan appeared to have backfired resulting in Gus staying, I'm not convinced we have anyone lined up should he leave.

4 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

It is taking a while. My theory is we tried for Stoops and missed. Now the PTB can't figure out what to do. Most still want Gus gone, but don't won't to pony up the buyout for someone who is not a "homerun" hire. So now they are offering Gus terms they don't think he will agree to so he can "stay," hoping he will leave on his own so we don't have to pay him $32MM.

So not only has this plan appeared to have backfired resulting in Gus staying, I'm not convinced we have anyone lined up should he leave.

After last year, this year was not going to be a very good crop of coaching candidates, especially with FAU falling hard. Next year is naturally due to be a better crop.

1 minute ago, TheDob06 said:

Anyone with real head coaching experience could at least make losing make sense. I mean, for example, losing after playing half the team at QB. It doesn't make sense. How many games were lost because there were no adjustments, but just trying to ram a square peg into a round hole. I agree with your assessment of the situation. They should go ahead and get rid of this schizophrenic head coach, and just hire a good sound coach, like Bill Clark.

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

This year was not a good crop of coaching candidates, especially with FAU falling hard. Next year is naturally due to be a better crop.

Who is available next year that we couldn't get this year? Realistically, there are only a handful of coaches that would please the fan base and they would likely have to hired from another school anyway. Might as well go for one now. What would change in a year other than another lackluster season with Gus?

I went from happy, to sad, to angry, now I just don't even care

12 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Who is available next year that we couldn't get this year? Realistically, there are only a handful of coaches that would please the fan base and they would likely have to hired from another school anyway. Might as well go for one now. What would change in a year other than another lackluster season with Gus?

My point is, before 2017 who could've possibly imagined that Frost would be the hottest thing on the market? The coaching market naturally ebbs and flows, and someone will likely be *the* hot commodity, which is generally the coach of the G5 representative in the NY6. It just so happened that this year, the almost certain G5 representative was built by someone who wasn't its current head coach. Heupel has a chance to prove his mettle next year. We'll have less buyout due, so we'll be able to afford a slightly pricier hire. I would gladly take Brent Venables.

Just hope we're able to afford to fire him next year. If freaking Kansas can land Les Miles, we have the ability to land a decent coach.

Archived