Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

If this was all BS, Leath or Greene or others could have squashed it right out the gate.  The fact that they have remained silent should tell you it's a lot more factual than not.

Didn't we all say the same thing about coming out and squashing it during Camgate?  The end result turned out to be good.  Not sure about this one.  

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Sooooo someone help me out here. Is it a done deal he is coming back? I see some on here and Twitter acting as if its a done deal but some are acting as if nothing is for certain...

I'm not sure if it's done but apparently he had agreed to some sort of buyout reduction and studio he will pay Assistant's buyouts

https://www-wbrc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.wbrc.com/2018/11/27/gus-malzahn-accept-reduced-buyout-remain-auburn/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&outputType=amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wbrc.com%2F2018%2F11%2F27%2Fgus-malzahn-accept-reduced-buyout-remain-auburn%2F

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

I will!  She is SET!  Have a look at the AU scholarship section...Presidential, etc.  I think John Michael went 28, 29, and 32 finally.  She should be in her wheelhouse.  It's a configuration of GPA (high school), ACT, etc.  AU won't tell you an exact formula.  There may be specific ones for, say, Marshall County (that's Boaz, right?) through extension, etc.  Often someone from an area wants to bless someone younger and coming up from the same area and scholarships are tailored that way.  If I see some, I'll pass them on.  Hang in there, and you are more than welcome!  Prayers and would cherish yours...lots of ministry decisions right now!  

Prayers.....you got it.  Will add you to my morning list.  Thanks for the opportunity to pray for you and your family.  Be blessed.

3 hours ago, selias said:

Gus wants to design it?!? That's some serious ego there

Now he's treading on my turf, and that aint cool.  Maybe he should let me gameplan the Iron Bowl next year?

Lessee....coach takes buyout cut to make him easier to fire next year.   “Great” for recruiting.  Next coaching prospects see how Auburn forced changes to a contract so now no coach worth a flip would ever want to accept the job.  

Great job AU Admin!   JABA

2 hours ago, ToomersRevenge said:

I just don't know how to process this cluster if what's being rumored and innuendo'd is indeed correct. It's on a level of ineptness my brain just cannot comprehend.

clark.gif

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I'm floored that he went for this. Crazy.

If we have to keep him at least there's some motivation for him to do the job now.  I'm floored Leath, Jacobs, et al went for the preposterous original buy out figure.  Any way you look at it, it seems like a bunch of lunatics playing with monopoly money.  To think that the value of a contract for Gus Malzahn to coach football was set at $49 Million.

We're all on the "short" bus and Gus is driving.

Image result for short bus gif

this whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. If Gus and Auburn go for this, they both deserve what they get. Look at the schedule next year and see if this makes any reasonable sense--we are delaying the inevitable. Most Auburn fans are reasonable--if you could give us an excellent season every 5 seasons or so and just handle business for the other 4 and beat the teams you should beat, we would take it. Instead we get what we get. 

Lack of hope is what will kill this program. I'm down to only a sliver. 

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

this whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. If Gus and Auburn go for this, they both deserve what they get. Look at the schedule next year and see if this makes any reasonable sense--we are delaying the inevitable. Most Auburn fans are reasonable--if you could give us an excellent season every 5 seasons or so and just handle business for the other 4 and beat the teams you should beat, we would take it. Instead we get what we get. 

Lack of hope is what will kill this program. I'm down to only a sliver. 

ptb you're pretty plugged in, right? Is there still a chance this reduced buyout agreement doesn't happen and Gus still gets the axe? Do some of the powers that be see how bad an idea this is, and are trying to put a stop to it? I hope we have at least some sane individuals representing the program.

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

ptb you're pretty plugged in, right? Is there still a chance this reduced buyout agreement doesn't happen and Gus still gets the axe? Do some of the powers that be see how bad an idea this is, and are trying to put a stop to it? I hope we have at least some sane individuals representing the program.

Still a chance--like I said, I'm holding out hope. My sincere hope is that the idea is for Gus to balk at the idea to make his end of the buyout easier WHEN he leaves for another program. 

Tate said AU offered this deal confident that Gus would reject it and they would negotiate a buyout at that point, Instead, he called their bluff, and now they are stuck. An absolute mess for everyone involved. Sorry if this is old news I can't keep up with the thread.

Kind of like a trial separation, not a divorce, but she still lives in the house to split the rent until the lease is up in 2020 . That’s it 

11 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

If they truly want Gus gone they will continue asking for ridiculous demands /changes to the agreement until he does get the hint. 

If they truly want him gone, they can pony up $32M right now and poof, he's gone.  The PTB need to stop playing games and make a freaking decision either way for the health of the program.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If they truly want him gone, they can pony up $32M right now and poof, he's gone.  The PTB need to stop playing games and make a freaking decision either way for the health of the program.

Nah, I like tbe reduced buyout and help Gus find another job plan. Nobody wants to spend 32 million just for somebody to leave. 

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Nah, I like tbe reduced buyout and help Gus find another job plan. Nobody wants to spend 32 million just for somebody to leave. 

You can't force someone to take another job.  That's the point people are missing here.  It sounds great to us, but may not sound great to Gus.  From all accounts, he values the national prominence of AU more than money.  If we're trying to hamstring him and he's willing to go along with it, what other move do we have besides pay him the buyout or let him coach here?

The worst thing we can do as a program though is to let this drag on any further.  Will kill any semblance of recruiting we have going right now, especially with the early signing period. 

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You can't force someone to take another job.  That's the point people are missing here.  It sounds great to us, but may not sound great to Gus.  From all accounts, he values the national prominence of AU more than money.  If we're trying to hamstring him and he's willing to go along with it, what other move do we have besides pay him the buyout or let him coach here?

The worst thing we can do as a program though is to let this drag on any further.  Will kill any semblance of recruiting we have going right now, especially with the early signing period. 

Exactly, pay the man. Hire the new man. Move on from this awful bus we’ve been on for far too long.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

All our National Prominence is doing is exposing him as a hack. He needs to be coaching somewhere where his goofy offense works and he doesn't look so silly. Also he must be somewhat of a masochist to STILL want to be here, at this point.

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You can't force someone to take another job

We can make his time here helluva lot more uncomfortable.  

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If we're trying to hamstring him and he's willing to go along with it, what other move do we have besides pay him the buyout or let him coach here?

The PTB didn’t plan on Gus sticking around once we took away a chunk of his buyout. The PTB can now fire him after next season with a significant chunk of tbe buyout accounted for. The PTB doesn’t look all that bad in letting Gus stay. They are telling Gus if you think you have NC hopes here, prove it. However, if you’re going to continue here, your protection is gone.

48 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

If they truly want Gus gone they will continue asking for ridiculous demands /changes to the agreement until he does get the hint. 

All Gus has to do is say, "F you!  Fire me give me my $32MM... or let me go recruit."  He's screwing Auburn as much as they're screwing themselves.

Only at Auburn.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We can make his time here helluva lot more uncomfortable.  

The PTB didn’t plan on Gus sticking around once we took away a chunk of his buyout. The PTB can now fire him after next season with a significant chunk of tbe buyout accounted for. The PTB doesn’t look all that bad in letting Gus stay. They are telling Gus if you think you have NC hopes here, prove it. However, if you’re going to continue here, your protection is gone.

They still haven't figured it out. Prove it? Hasn't Gus done enough proving? Shows how inept the leadership is.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

They still haven't figured it out. Prove it? Hasn't Gus done enough proving? Shows how inept the leadership is.

I’m just going by the Marcello report. And to be fair to Gus, it’s not like he hasn’t been close twice. 

1 hour ago, CR said:

Tate said AU offered this deal confident that Gus would reject it and they would negotiate a buyout at that point, Instead, he called their bluff, and now they are stuck. An absolute mess for everyone involved. Sorry if this is old news I can't keep up with the thread.

I mean, does that sound just a little hard to believe, to anyone? If true, our school admin lacks intelligence and is completely unprofessional!

Archived