Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I agree.  That's why I left the possibility open that the folks trying to make that happen just decided to go radio silent for now while they try to make the deal happen.

Sadly, even if Stoops was interested I have ZERO faith that the PTOB working on the deal wouldn't screw it up.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I agree.  That's why I left the possibility open that the folks trying to make that happen just decided to go radio silent for now while they try to make the deal happen.

Personally I believe something is still going on. If you are in charge of a company you don’t hire a mananger that has no authority over employees. This is essentially what they are offering Gus. Allegedly 

8 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

It absolutely is. The mouthy leaker made sure of it. Maybe if we give it some time, 2019 is possible. But Stoops coming out vehemently like he did indicates he was not happy about being put out in the media. 

Lol..so he did not take a job where he damn near could name his price because Gus or one his buddies leaked it. If Auburn wanted Stoops that bad they could have fired Gus as soon as the clock struck 0 after Bama game, gave him a suitcase with 32 mill and gave Stoops a blank checkbook to come here. I don’t think it was unanimous to let Gus go and I ain’t talking bout the president or ad...I’m talking amongst all the money people..

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Lol..so he did not take a job where he damn near could name his price because Gus or one his buddies leaked it. If Auburn wanted Stoops that bad they could have fired Gus as soon as the clock struck 0 after Bama game, gave him a suitcase with 32 mill and gave Stoops a blank checkbook to come here. I don’t think it was unanimous to let Gus go and I ain’t talking bout the president or ad...I’m talking amongst all the money people..

Well, the president is absolutely doing his damnedest to avoid firing Gus and paying the full buyout.  Frankly it wouldn't shock me at all if the leaker for the Stoops thing came from him/his people to try and scuttle it.

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:
30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Stoops to AU is dead. The leak made sure that happened.

Sure looks that way.  Unless the people involved decided to go mute for a while. 

Not my opinion. Comes from someone almost always spot on about AU info FWIW. He says it's dead so I assume it's dead

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thank you so much, brother.

Hah. I love that I'm announcing this in a thread that is more or less about an ornery political journalist throwing football poop at an orange and blue fan. 2018, ladies and gentlemen!

Well, at least you've got something to divert your attention away from this cluster****. ;);D

15 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Lol..so he did not take a job where he damn near could name his price because Gus or one his buddies leaked it. If Auburn wanted Stoops that bad they could have fired Gus as soon as the clock struck 0 after Bama game, gave him a suitcase with 32 mill and gave Stoops a blank checkbook to come here. 

If we can pay Gus and the enormous salary Big Game Bob will command, then we have more money than I thought. 

BTW, didn't say he didn't accept our offer (if there was one) due to it being leaked. Only meant he's repeatedly denied getting into coaching, even though rumors exist, and leaking it isn't a very smart thing to do if we're trying to hash out the details with one of the biggest college coaches in the nation, and not wanting to be harassed by the media and earn his trust. Perhaps we're still talking to him, who knows. 

At this point it does appear Gus, Leath, and Greene need a presser with them arm-in-arm smiling if this is going to end.

I don't think Gus survives. I really don't. Maybe it's wishful thinking. But I just feel like as time passes and the trustees realize this reduced buyout is the pinnacle of embarassment and all people will talk about, they'll see they have to pull the plug right now. Maybe that is what Gus and Sexton really want?

I can't imagine actually having a neutered, lame duck coach. I don't think the president nor trustees imagined it. Now they are having to digest the potential reality of all of it.

Somebody is gonna have sense enough to retract this.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not my opinion. Comes from someone almost always spot on about AU info FWIW.

This hurts my heart

3 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

I can honestly say Gus never really bothered me until this- I mean you don’t need the money and you hear your employer is trying to torpedo you? Do you have absolutely NO self respect?

He is S T U B B O R N.

"I'll show y'all! I WILL be successful here! I will prove it! I KNOW I will!!!"

26 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Only way it would be dead is if it weren’t happening in the first place. If Stoops wanted to get back to coaching and wanted to come to auburn a leaked report wouldn’t stop him. 

May not stop him specifically but it has stopped the whole process with him in terms of him & AU.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not my opinion. Comes from someone almost always spot on about AU info FWIW. He says it's dead so I assume it's dead

Wait, so that was an actual possibility?

Oh Auburn, I love you but you make me crazy

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Won’t really know until things actually play out. I will say though if Gus somehow move on we will lose at minimum three recruits and possibly at least four. Pickens, Owen, hand, and Gordon. We will also miss on uncommitted targets Bryant and Putnam.

and maybe snag or pull one from somewhere - but no doubt it will be a major, major hit.

Any chance this all goes down after the December signing day?

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

and maybe snag or pull one from somewhere - but no doubt it will be a major, major hit.

Any chance this all goes down after the December signing day?

Isn't that around mid-late December? Let this thing drag out that long?

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Who?

2 minutes ago, selias said:

When has E,or any of our solid info people, ever given up a source?

I’m not going to believe the credibility of any of the so called sources that pop up around these times anyway. JW if he was talking about WDE.

40 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Good post - I'm with you Poet. 

All they'd have had to do was give Gus a suitcase with $15mill when the clock struck 0:00 Sat night.  They don't have to ante up the rest off the buyout until Dec '19 at $4mm/yr over 4 yrs.  

IF someone of Bob Stoops caliber wanted Auburn then you damn well better believe Auburn would do anything and everything to get him.  Auburn has NEVER hired a football coach with his credentials in their history - never made a SPLASH hire with a coach of that pedigree.  Stoops wouldn't back down from chalking up the highest paid coaching salary in existence and Auburn wouldn't back down all because of some piddly new leak by Josh Moon. hahaha

Auburn's money men showed their hand when they went bargain box, pressed CGM for a contract reduction and are trying to make him pay for his own staff's buyouts. 

Archived