Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Every one keeps worrying about recruits, what does it matter if we get a 2 star or 5 star recruit if Gus is still here? He doesn't know how to coach either one. I'm sure we will be able to get enough kids to sign to fill the roster.

Recruits matter because whether Gus is here one more season or two if things don't improve drastically then the next coach needs players to work with and it's obviously better if he has the best talent possible to work with. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Recruits matter because whether Gus is here one more season or two if things don't improve drastically then the next coach needs players to work with and it's obviously better if he has the best talent possible to work with. 

I think you missed my point, which is the problem that needs to be solved first is getting rid of Gus, then worry about recruiting. I used to follow recruiting as much or more than the football forum but I.ve lost interest since Gus is so bad at identifying the team needs and developing the players he does sign. As long as Gus is our coach to me it really doesn't matter who we sign, the 2 star has as much chance to be good as a 5 star that will most likely transfer or flop with Gus.

I think it’s time to put this whole fiasco to bed and support the coaches and players.  If Gus wants to accept a smaller buy out should it come to that I don’t care.  They will probably just reduce the $32 million to $20 million or some crap like that.  It will still be way more money than he will ever need and he will never have to work another day in his life unless he wants to.  Pretty sweet deal when they give you a truckload of money just to go away.  

6 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I think it’s time to put this whole fiasco to bed and support the coaches and players.  If Gus wants to accept a smaller buy out should it come to that I don’t care.  They will probably just reduce the $32 million to $20 million or some crap like that.  It will still be way more money than he will ever need and he will never have to work another day in his life unless he wants to.  Pretty sweet deal when they give you a truckload of money just to go away.  

I think they should divide the reduction among the fans since we have to suffer through another year. 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Oh OK, all makes perfect sense now. Give me a freaking break! If the AD is not allowed to have any input in this situation, he needs to resign!

So he is completely powerless here, but he had all the power in the Bruce Pearl situation? And then suddenly when there is a new coaching search he’s going to have all power? What a freaking joke!

Your disdain for Greene is noted. 

No one said Greene had "all the power" in the Pearl situation.  But it's a lot easier for Greene to go to bat for a coach that he and every big booster wants to keep.  It was basically Leath vs the world in that situation.  Not the case this time, as Gus has one of our deepest pocket guys in his corner.

Look at it this way.  Why was Rhett Lashley our offensive coordinator yet Gus didn't let him do his job?  Should Rhett have just resigned?  I mean, Gus game-planned and called the plays until halfway through 2016 while Rhett was here.

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I think they should divide the reduction among the fans since we have to suffer through another year. 

Hear hear!!

I’ve been out of pocket watching the game. I guess no more Stoomers?

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hear hear!!

I’ve been out of pocket watching the game. I guess no more Stoomers?

If by that you mean Stoops rumors then sadly no. I like that by the way. 

23 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I think it’s time to put this whole fiasco to bed and support the coaches and players.  

Agree. This has been embarrassing. Everyone needs to grow a pair and see it through next season.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Why was Rhett Lashley our offensive coordinator yet Gus didn't let him do his job?  Should Rhett have just resigned? 

**Lashlee

And he took a pay cut and left to be OC at UConn just to get the full authority of being an OC. So yes. Maybe Greene should resign if not given the power that he signed up for.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No one said Greene had "all the power" in the Pearl situation.  But it's a lot easier for Greene to go to bat for a coach that he and every big booster wants to keep.  It was basically Leath vs the world in that situation. 

While this is true, I ignorantly and prematurely went to bat for Leath over the ridiculous contract because I thought then that he had no AD yet and he felt a decision needed to be made. Well, he has an AD now that is paid to make these decisions, so the AD needs to make these decisions. We have too many major players that hold a title but no weight. Maybe we just need to get another Dr. Gogue. I’m not sure why we need to have a celebrity President that needs to make sure everyone knows that his power is acting everywhere.  

40 minutes ago, CR said:

Why are you so determined to make Greene the responsible party here? If the president takes charge of a situation what the hell is he supposed to do? 

I’m not making him “the” responsible party. He is the AD! Josh Moon, PM and Marcelo have all written and or spoke about him being MIA in this process! How on earth could anyone think he’s not at least partially responsible.

Be the Auburn AD! Man up, be a leader, and do something about this mess!

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

If by that you mean Stoops rumors then sadly no. I like that by the way. 

Yes. Stoomors are borrowed from the Tennessee Grumors.

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No one said Greene had "all the power" in the Pearl situation.  But it's a lot easier for Greene to go to bat for a coach that he and every big booster wants to keep.  It was basically Leath vs the world in that situation.  Not the case this time, as Gus has one of our deepest pocket guys in his corner.

Look at it this way.  Why was Rhett Lashley our offensive coordinator yet Gus didn't let him do his job?  Should Rhett have just resigned?  I mean, Gus game-planned and called the plays until halfway through 2016 while Rhett was here.

Since you insist, yes, Rhett basically resigned! He hasn’t exactly been setting the coaching world on fire since he resigned. I honestly wonder have you ever been in a leadership position in your life? You do realize he is the A.D.? Josh Moon, PM and Marcelo agree with me! 

Certainly not saying the school president the BOT and the boosters are not all partially responsible for this mess! But your defense of Greene, and your claim the athletic director of the school, should have absolutely no responsibility and blame for this craziness just doesn’t make sense!

Elon musk has how many investors, telling them what he should do, and where he should spend their money? Walt Disney had how many investors, telling him how to make movies, what animation he should be drawing, what parks he should build? Bottom line, they are/were charismatic leaders, they can/did bring people together, get people to follow them and lead! That is obviously not being done out of the athletic director’s office!

I don’t understand why this is so tough for you to admit? This has been discussed by both local and national sports media figures.

Just now, AU-24 said:

Since you insist, yes, Rhett basically resigned! He hasn’t exactly been sitting the coaching world on fire since he resigned. I honestly wonder have you ever been in a leadership position in your life? You do realize he is the A.D.? Josh Moon, PM and Marcelo agree with me! 

Certainly not saying the school president the BOT and the boosters are not all partially responsible for this mess! But your defense of Greene, and your claim the athletic director of the school, should have absolutely no responsibility and blame for this craziness just doesn’t make sense!

Lashlee resigned after 4 years, only part of which he was allowed to call plays.  He didn't quit at the first sign of non-power.  Greene is doing the smart thing if you ask me.  Having power and knowing when to use it are two different things.  Greene knows he's safe and that Leath likely isn't.  Ride this out for a year, let Leath take the heat, and then go get your guy as the HC with full support of everyone involved.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Lashlee resigned after 4 years, only part of which he was allowed to call plays.  He didn't quit at the first sign of non-power.  Greene is doing the smart thing if you ask me.  Having power and knowing when to use it are two different things.  Greene knows he's safe and that Leath likely isn't.  Ride this out for a year, let Leath take the heat, and then go get your guy as the HC with full support of everyone involved.

Sorry man, but true leaders don’t sit and ride things out! They lead the flock, they lead the cattle drive, they stop turn around and make sure people are following them. If people are not following them, they figure out why, and get them to follow or quit leading.

Again, this is obviously not what’s happening.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We have to be prepared if Stoops does not want the job. Heck maybe lure Urban Meyer or maybe Harbaugh. Derek Mason could be an excellent coach in a position where he has the ability to recruit top tier players. I know Mason does not have a great record, but he gets everything out of his players. He is aggressive and a baller 110%. Lincoln Riley could be a possibility if we could outbid Oklahoma on him. Mike Norvell has done a super job at Memphis and could be a top tier coach if given the  chance. Look at what he has done. Liepold has been successful at every stop in his career. We might need to look at Bill Clark or John Grass. 

Stoops was an unproven coach when he left Florida (OC) for Okie. Same for Dabo, Meyer, and Riley. If not Stoops, then we need to keep our options open for a young and up & coming coach. The ones I mentioned I feel  100% certain that they could do an excellent job at Auburn. Check out their resume on Wikipedia.

Here is a link on Mike Norvell that is worth reading over. He is a young coach who will do great things wherever he might land.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2018/11/27/memphis-football-tigers-whats-being-said-mike-norvell-aac-louisville-texas-tech-colorado/2131257002/

Here is your problem with this. If a change is made and it isn't Stoops then anyone else is going to be a disappointment. Just like Charlie Strong was at Texas.

Urban Meyer is having medical head issues where he can't even yell right now. Have to question if he is even going to be coaching anymore. Harbaugh? So pay millions to get rid of Gus, pay millions to take him from Michigan, then pay him millions... guy hasn't even won a division or beaten Ohio State while at Michigan. Then you have people questioning if Harbaugh can even change his systems to compete in modern football.

Lol, then with all that went on any coach thinking about coming to Auburn has to wonder if their contract will be honored, if they can pick their own staff, and if allowed to pick their own staff if they have to pay a deductible and a copay and use a supplemental with a referral and a note to stay home from school to make said change.

Seems to me that no one knows what is going on. How can you be so sure what Greene is doing or not doing? You want him fired or for him to resign when you don't know any facts. Seems it would be better to wait and see just who is doing what.

35 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hot tip, don't engage AU-24 when it comes to Greene. I'm not sure if Greene stole 24's lunch money, slept with his wife, or kicked his dog. Whatever the reason, he has an axe to grind with Greene. Just skip past his posts and let him stew in his own juices.

11 minutes ago, provibe said:

Seems to me that no one knows what is going on. How can you be so sure what Greene is doing or not doing?

We have been treating Moon’s tweets as the gospel. Not sure why we’d disbelieve the one part about Greene being MIA throughout the flustercuck, but believe there is life to literally everything else. 

A different piece to this and just my simple opinion.

,Auburn was a school, team, home etc. long before Gus got here and will be for many years to come.  I like that Green has not got in the muck,  maybe it only seems mucky to those that live by Moons tweets,  and when Golden Pen decides to opine.  Until a source is given,  then all of it may just be between our ears at varying levels depending on how passionate anyone of us is about our school, team, home etc.  

I personally like the fact that we realized that we screwed up and gave a not so elite coach an elite contract,  and we are trying to correct that (if that is true). This is big business,  and we are course correcting.   

Maybe we don’t want to fire Gus,  and maybe we truly hopes he can turn it around and we want to give him another year to try... but we just don’t want to pay him elite money to continue to train on the job.    Maybe Gus realizes that,  and they each are all working through this rationally.  

Maybe being the key word,,,  and maybe not..  but that is the point.  

We are all believing what we want to believe with no real, true information.  We believe their is smoke because maybe their is/was...   

Had Moon not posted his deal, true or not,  what difference does it really make until we as individual fans decide something or nothing has to happen.  

It is all rediculous and I believe most all of it ... being “this” this thread and those like it, or cooler talk etc..  is all just a bunch of fans that are insecure about things they/we have little true information on or control over.  

Peace and War Eagle. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We have been treating Moon’s tweets as the gospel. 

Before posting in this thread anymore, everyone must place your left hand on the screen showing Moon’s Twitter, raise your right hand, and voice to text your post.

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So they weren’t tied with Bruce Pearl, but they are tied with Gus? Do you see how this doesn’t make sense. And even if his hands are tied, try to untie them, step up and do something! I mean he is the athletic director!

Sorry, don’t take it personal, just so pissed at how this is playing out!

In this case, with the money involved, ADAG can only recommend if a coach is retained or fired. Leath has to make the final decision.

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Oh OK, all makes perfect sense now. Give me a freaking break! If the AD is not allowed to have any input in this situation, he needs to resign!

So he is completely powerless here, but he had all the power in the Bruce Pearl situation? And then suddenly when there is a new coaching search he’s going to have all power? What a freaking joke!

Leath is trying to save face. ADAG wants Gus gone. Period.  Leath will look even more incompetent than he does if he fires a coach he just gave an absurd extention after 1 year.  He is trying to remain hirable after he is let go next year.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

While this is true, I ignorantly and prematurely went to bat for Leath over the ridiculous contract because I thought then that he had no AD yet and he felt a decision needed to be made. Well, he has an AD now that is paid to make these decisions, so the AD needs to make these decisions. We have too many major players that hold a title but no weight. Maybe we just need to get another Dr. Gogue. I’m not sure why we need to have a celebrity President that needs to make sure everyone knows that his power is acting everywhere.  

ADAG has no power because of the buyout amount. Leath and the BOT have to make that financial decision. If it were as easy as ADAG saying yes or no, Steele would've been the interim after the UTk loss.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I’m not making him “the” responsible party. He is the AD! Josh Moon, PM and Marcelo have all written and or spoke about him being MIA in this process! How on earth could anyone think he’s not at least partially responsible.

Be the Auburn AD! Man up, be a leader, and do something about this mess!

Leath and Harbert made this mess. Harbert guaranteed the buyout when they were negotiating last fall.  Both men are trying to preserve their positions.  ADAG has told them what he wants and, because of the contract, and who is responsible for it, they have taken control of the process.

Blaming Greene is ridiculous.  He is the best administrative hire by AU in a long time.  He is getting a lot of support from AU and non-AU people. He is highly respected and will do great things for AU. This isn't his mess and he is doing what he needs to do.

Archived