Things I Think I Saw: Auburn vs Alabama

JMR

For all the gripping about the Oline it’s great to see them play well against Bama and UGA.  Still room to improve but with a new Qb and the loss of Cox Auburn will need the Oline to get the job done next year.

I appreciate your emphasizing the positives in your summary. All the other threads are mostly negative. That's what you get with #BUTGUS in year 6.

• Like 1

I appreciate the points you make about Whitlow and our DBs....particularly since I wholeheartedly agree with them, lol. I think Whitlow has the makings of a very good back-you cannot teach the effort and toughness he has shown running behind a poor OL. The DBs have plenty of talent and are often in great position; I bet 75% of the PIs they’ve been called for were absolutely the right call but were times where there was no need to be doing the grabbing because they were in position to make the play without it.

Thanks for the great weekly insights Coach!

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time all season long. I look forward to reading your thoughts each week, and I always learn something new about football. I hope you'll continue to post in the future.

Thanks for your thoughts coach!  I look forward to them each week and I hope you will continue this next year!  I also thought the O line had their best game of the season given the level of competition.  The running game actually looked good on that one drive.  It sure did hurt to see Shivers long run called back.  I think the crowd was a little stunned to see the wheels on that kid it sure did get quiet there for a minute.  

I have enjoyed your posts this year. Coach, I would agree that the offensive line has very very slowly shown improvement over the last few weeks. Do you credit coach grimes’ influence finally taking hold,  Or just increase in reps? 

• RunInRed featured and pinned this topic
8 hours ago, tigerrules said:

I have enjoyed your posts this year. Coach, I would agree that the offensive line has very very slowly shown improvement over the last few weeks. Do you credit coach grimes’ influence finally taking hold,  Or just increase in reps? 

Gotta be coaching.....they don't get better without it. Can't really understand why it took as long as it did. Hope a lot of it carries over to next year.

8 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Thanks Coach!

Only disagreement from me is on "fair" officiating.  But that's another topic for another thread. :)

Not to drag this thread into another dimension, but a small addendum to my original comment:  "Fairly" does NOT include Steve Shaw and the "replay officials" sequestered in the Birmingham viper pit for their weekly bama watch party. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’ve enjoyed reading your write ups after each game.   

I would have summed this up rather quickly.    I saw two teams that were going in opposite directions.   One team was playing with a goal within reach and the other appeared to just be going through the motions.  

Just my opinion, but I thought the defense played with less emotion than any game all year. 

Anyhow, the season is over and hopefully things will either improve or the writing is on the wall.    Another year like this one and no one will be back 

hey coach what would it take to get you to take over our tigers and can you guarantee improvement? and if ya took over what is the first thing you would do?  lol 

1 hour ago, Aubarbs said:

Registered today just to let you know how much I enjoy reading your insights each week. Thank you and War Eagle.

Welcome!

Appreciate your insight as always. I definitely think this o-line combination with Kim at center has given us the best results. He's not the strongest, as you said, but they seem to work a little better together. Hopefully this progress will continue into the spring and summer workouts.

I didn't like that holding call against Sal, as most Auburn fans would not be, even if it was legit. Those are rarely ever called unless egregious and it just adds to the fire that Bama gets the benefit of the calls in all their games. I did think it got better after that but I was certainly not happy early on with how the game was getting called. (Especially since I have been waiting on that Shivers run all freaking season only to see it get called back! LOL)

I noticed Coynis Miller more in this game as well. Looking forward to seeing him in the future!

Hope you continue these next season! War Eagle!

I enjoyed reading your piece every week. Now comes the circus involving Gus and just what is going to happen. Only one person seems to know and that person isn't talking. Anyway, thanks for the Auburn insights each week.

:yay:

I have truly enjoyed your insightful analyses every week.. I hope that you will continue to do it. The O-line has improved as the year progressed that said their feeble work at the beginning of the year probably hurt the Defense both in physical and mental wear and tear. 

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1