Alliance of American Football

BigSammyK

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That's typical. Shouldn't be too many of the Iron on that channel.  They will only have 1 game a week of the 4 games, I think.  

Schedule:

Below you can find each week's schedule, including start times and broadcast network, and scores. All times are Eastern. 

Week 1GameDateTimeNetwork

Orlando 40, Atlanta 6

Saturday, Feb. 9

8 p.m. 

CBS

San Antonio 15, San Diego 6

Saturday, Feb. 9

8 p.m. 

CBS

Memphis at Birmingham

Sunday, Feb. 10

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

Salt Lake at Arizona

Sunday, Feb. 10

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 2GameDateTimeNetwork

Salt Lake at Birmingham

Saturday, Feb. 16

2 p.m. 

TNT

Arizona at Memphis

Saturday, Feb. 16

8 p.m. 

NFL Network

Orlando at San Antonio

Sunday, Feb. 17

4 p.m. 

CBS Sports Network

Atlanta at San Diego

Sunday, Feb. 17

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 3GameDateTimeNetwork

Arizona at Salt Lake

Saturday, Feb. 23

3 p.m.

B/R Live

Memphis at Orlando

Saturday, Feb. 23

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Birmingham at Atlanta

Sunday, Feb. 24

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

San Antonio at San Diego

Sunday, Feb. 24

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 4GameDateTimeNetwork

Orlando at Salt Lake

Saturday, March 2

4 p.m.

B/R Live

San Diego at Memphis

Saturday, March 2

8 p.m.

NFL Network

San Antonio at Birmingham

Sunday, March 3

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

Atlanta at Arizona

Sunday, March 3

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 5GameDateTimeNetwork

Orlando at Birmingham

Saturday, March 9

2 p.m.

B/R Live

Salt Lake at San Diego

Saturday, March 9 

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Memphis at Atlanta

Sunday, March 10

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

San Antonio at Arizona

Sunday, March 10

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 6GameDateTimeNetwork

Memphis at Salt Lake

Saturday, March 16

4 p.m.

B/R Live

Arizona at Orlando

Saturday, March 16

8 p.m.

NFL Network

San Antonio at Atlanta

Sunday, March 17

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

Birmingham at San Diego

Sunday, March 17

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 7GameDateTimeNetwork

Orlando at Atlanta

Saturday, March 23

3 p.m.

B/R Live

Salt Lake at San Antonio

Saturday, March 23

8 p.m.

NFL Network

San Diego at Arizona

Sunday, March 24

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

Birmingham at Memphis

Sunday, March 24

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 8GameDateTimeNetwork

Orlando at Memphis

Saturday, March 30

2 p.m.

B/R Live

San Diego at Salt Lake

Saturday, March 30

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Atlanta at Birmingham

Sunday, March 31

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

Arizona at San Antonio

Sunday, March 31

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 9GameDateTimeNetwork

Memphis at San Antonio

Saturday, April 6

4 p.m.

B/R Live

San Diego at Orlando

Saturday, April 6

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Salt Lake at Atlanta

Sunday, April 7

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

Birmingham at Arizona

Sunday, April 7

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Week 10GameDateTimeNetwork

San Antonio at Salt Lake

Friday, April 12

8 p.m.

B/R Live

Atlanta at Memphis

Saturday, April 13

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Birmingham at Orlando

Sunday, April 14

3:30 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

Arizona at San Diego

Sunday, April 14

8 p.m.

I will edit if I can find a better format to post. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

The uniforms will take some getting used to.  San Antonio's is atrocious. Red on darker red with a Bama style helmet is a fail.  I was OK with Orlando and San Diego last night.  Love the Fleet logo on helmet. 

I 100% agree on the fleet, only uniform set I have actually liked thus far.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Digging the Iron so far, interesting that they have basically the 2017 DII “heisman” winner as their QB

Wish I could watch them.  They looking good? 

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Wish I could watch them.  They looking good? 

O looked good in the first half, except in the red zone, couldn’t covert, finally got a TD run here in the 4th. 17-0 Bham, D is pretty legit. 2 fumbles by Bham in their territory and the defense has held

I actually enjoyed that and watched the whole game. Good to see guys like Quan back out there. 

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ryan white! Big tackle on 4th down

Was that the player that stopped Dak short of the GL late in the game?

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Was that the player that stopped Dak short of the GL late in the game?

I think that was Relf, that year, and it was Ryan Smith that stopped him.

14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think that was Relf, that year, and it was Ryan Smith that stopped him.

Had to google him because my memory sucks, he’s the player that shoved Missouri’s Josey into the cart during the SECCG. Also, was used for the Batman trick play.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Had to google him because my memory sucks, he’s the player that shoved Missouri’s Josey into the cart during the SECCG. Also, was used for the Batman trick play.

I had to look up the miss state video on YouTube Bc I couldn’t remember either. Lol

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Awesome. Was there any way to watch other than CBS sports network?

Not really. 3 networks broadcast their games. CBSSN, TNT and NFL Network. For the next 3 weeks, they’re on TNT next Saturday, then CBS the following 2. 

I watched the Orlando-ATL game and was encouraged by the rule innovations and speed of play.  I will definitely take in more games, it looks good so far as a concept.

I did see a post where someone said that the 5 man rush rule will change, and that it was used as protection since the offenses had such a short training camp, and having them deal with complex schemes and blitzes wasn’t good at the start.

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

I watched the Orlando-ATL game and was encouraged by the rule innovations and speed of play.  I will definitely take in more games, it looks good so far as a concept.

Yep...watched some of the game last night...maybe they don't have the commercials lined up but the pace of play was great.    Following a TD or score, they went right back to work …..put the ball on the 25 and get ready to snap it... without two minutes of commercials which made me hustle up my bathroom breaks....   

PS

I was good with not having the kick offs.....since seems like everyone ends with a flag, a long discussion among the refs, a video review followed by a walk off penalty...and then after a couple minutes the game actually gets under way. 

No extra point kicks and no kickoffs.....makes me wonder how they will deal with a  FG kicker who might only be on the field a couple plays a game.....so anyone who is a reasonable punter and also a reasonable FG kicker will be more valuable on their reduced rosters. 

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep...watched some of the game last night...maybe they don't have the commercials lined up but the pace of play was great.    Following a TD or score, they went right back to work …..put the ball on the 25 and get ready to snap it... without two minutes of commercials which made me hustle up my bathroom breaks....   

Less commercials was one of the advertised perks.  Pace of game was pretty good, with exception if the hurry up, go pee. Lol. 

4 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

2 weeks in and already in money troubles  smh

Makes no sense.....aren't paying big salaries anywhere, second rate stadiums in some places....I mean, where is the expense?   And already have some TV revenue I expect.

But sounds like they might have a sugar daddy to bail them out.  

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Makes no sense.....aren't paying big salaries anywhere, second rate stadiums in some places....I mean, where is the expense?   And already have some TV revenue I expect.

But sounds like they might have a sugar daddy to bail them out.  

As a start up league I’m sure million dollar expenses aren’t the drop in the bucket like nfl and college are. I will say that it doesn’t seem to have been drawn up, planned, or researched the way it should’ve been from a financial stand point, and it seems like they went in hoping that someone with money would be intrigued enough to make a huge investment.

If the players salary is all in “game checks”,  then roughly the aaf is having to pay close to 3 million a week just to the players. Plus all of the players get great health insurance, not to mention coach salaries, other expenses etc. I saw an article that said coach salaries had not been disclosed but that spurrier, for instance, was offered (rumor) 500,000 a year.

23 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As a start up league I’m sure million dollar expenses aren’t the drop in the bucket like nfl and college are. I will say that it doesn’t seem to have been drawn up, planned, or researched the way it should’ve been from a financial stand point, and it seems like they went in hoping that someone with money would be intrigued enough to make a huge investment.

That's the likely answer.  Can see that by end of the season with attendance of 15,000 per game that money might be an issue but now?   Then again in our little tourist oriented town I see people opening various shops or cafes and go out of business in a year or less. The dreams outweigh logic and calculation I guess. 

I don't know much but I'd think they would have enough money in the bank or line of credit to pay all expected first year expenses including stadium rental ….even if  the season ticket sales were zero. 

The thing is, players salaries can't be much and squad sizes are smaller than NFL and no superstar salaries.  Almost none of them had a job playing football anywhere before they were hired by the league are likely making peanuts ….just to get the opportunity to show what they can do and maybe get back to the NFL.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/02/aaf-salary-contract-players-money-coaches/

Archived