Lindsey has ties to Tennessee

aubiefifty

13 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I agree.  I think the burning embers are going to turn into molten lava, either Friday or Saturday to steal some of the glamor of the SECCG.

To stay in good form, we'll need to fire Gus and hand him the full buyout amount after this year's coaching carousel has ended.  I mean, why start doing smart things now?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

If Gus stays, I would actually feel better if this happened. Gus can run an offense, Chip can run an offense, but Gus can't run a Chip hybrid and Chip can't run a Gus hybrid.

I'm pretty sure chip could run a GUS hybrid. Hell it's only four plays

5 hours ago, steeleagle said:

NO NO NO!

Why would you want to go back to the original Gus'? Isn't that what started failing as the good teams adapted and Gus' couldn't readjust his offense? So why in heavens name would we want to go back to that?

There has to be a better option...even if we are not letting Gus go.

To prove it’s his fault. Tired of the whose offense is it argument.

4 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

If what is being said is true, wasn’t it reported that there will be hiring and salary restrictions which effectively kills the possibility of Freeze?

I read that those restrictions end on December 1st.  After that he's a free man.

Freeze interviewed at UT today FWIW.  I’m sure they’ll interview a couple more folks including Chip but Auburn and Gus better figure out what they want mucho pronto or we’re gonna end up getting sloppy seconds.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Freeze interviewed at UT today FWIW.  I’m sure they’ll interview a couple more folks including Chip but Auburn and Gus better figure out what they want mucho pronto or we’re gonna end up getting sloppy seconds.

At this point...Freeze for head coach.

15 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

At this point...Freeze for head coach.

I was thinking that the other day.  Is it mandatory that he has his year of “rehabilitation”?  I mean we’d know what we’re getting.  Hopefully he learned his lesson or at least learned how to not get caught.  I’m not advocating to fire Gus for Freeze FYI.  Dude did a lot of good at Ole Miss but they’re paying for it now.

Fedora could be one to watch as new AU OC - his $3M per year buyout from NC would cover any salary concerns from what Gus would be able to offer under his revised contract restrictions. Let NC subsidize our new OC. Just something to keep him connected to the game for another year until he can land another HC gig. 

On 11/28/2018 at 4:34 PM, AURealist said:

To stay in good form, we'll need to fire Gus and hand him the full buyout amount after this year's coaching carousel has ended.  I mean, why start doing smart things now?

POST OF THE DAY! CONGRATULATIONS

I suppose I’m in the minority, but I’m not clamoring for Freeze as OC. What I remember most about his whole body of work, is that he always lacked a running game. He lost a lot of games because of that. 

If Gus is here next year, I could see Chip gone to Tennessee or somewhere, Gus brings in Bentley as QB coach and Co-OC along with Kodi, and Gus takes over play calling again (Kodi can make copies of the play chart and Bentley can laminate them).  Maybe Horton hears a who and leaves and Porter is moved to RB coach and we hire one of Gus' other numnut connections as full time special teams coach/HB/TE coach.  Sounds like a Gus plan. (Permission granted to Moon/Tate/Marcello/Marshall to tweet and blog this info).

18 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I suppose I’m in the minority, but I’m not clamoring for Freeze as OC. What I remember most about his whole body of work, is that he always lacked a running game. He lost a lot of games because of that. 

I wanted Freeze at first but I agree about being too pass heavy.  Unless Gus completely turns over the keys you’d have the same problem with Freeze as you do with Chip this season. 

Sounds like Chip met with Pruitt yesterday about that position.  Between Chip and Freeze there too.

17 hours ago, oracle79 said:

If Gus is here next year, I could see Chip gone to Tennessee or somewhere, Gus brings in Bentley as QB coach and Co-OC along with Kodi, and Gus takes over play calling again (Kodi can make copies of the play chart and Bentley can laminate them).  Maybe Horton hears a who and leaves and Porter is moved to RB coach and we hire one of Gus' other numnut connections as full time special teams coach/HB/TE coach.  Sounds like a Gus plan. (Permission granted to Moon/Tate/Marcello/Marshall to tweet and blog this info).

While humorously stated, that's a completely plausible scenario. 

Kliff would be a good OC, but Gus wants a yes man as OC that does everything Gus tells him to do. I don't think Kingsbury is that kind of man.

3 hours ago

Rumors floating around that Chip Lindsey, Auburn OC, is a candidate for the Kansas OC and potentially a deal could already be done or close to it. I’m sure we’ll find out soon.

20 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

3 hours ago

Rumors floating around that Chip Lindsey, Auburn OC, is a candidate for the Kansas OC and potentially a deal could already be done or close to it. I’m sure we’ll find out soon.

Lindsey deserves better than Kansas and a Les Miles offense. Hoping he finds a better opportunity.

In hope we don't get Kelly Bryant. One good season from him and we are still stuck with Gus. 

No more saving his ass with QBs someone else made into something special. 

If nix is as good as y'all say, he needs Gus gone ASAP or his glory days will never move past high school. 

Archived