Auburn to be featured on Golf Channel’s Driven documentary

augolf1716

Fantastic PR for the golf team................couldn't be happier. We're doing great things in golf

https://auburntigers.com/news/2018/11/19/mens-golf-auburn-to-be-featured-on-golf-channels-driven-documentary.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3S1cXWRxmFqGJNkNWvAlDs4lVueBqOojYeN27jpSSvcw836GZjD07Kzxo

ORLANDO, Fla. – Golf Channel's Golf Films unit announced today a greenlight for a second season of Driven, a four-part documentary series executive produced by PGA TOUR superstar Rickie Fowler (Main Event Productions) that follows the competitive journeys and storied rivalries of college golf's top programs.

This documentary is set to feature the Auburn men's golf team, along with Alabama and Oklahoma State.

"It's a privilege to be selected to air on Driven and the team is excited about the opportunity," head coach Nick Clinard said. "It will be a fascinating show that takes you in the lives of our players and showcases their work ethic, personalities and passion for the game and rivalry.

"College golf is exceptional in the state of Alabama and Driven will highlight the rivalry of Auburn vs. Alabama and so much more. We look forward to the next few months of filming and I would like to thank the Golf Channel for selecting the best rivalry in college sports!"

Described as "Hard Knocks with golf clubs" by USA Today and "reminiscent of Friday Night Lights" by Golfweek, Driven's second season will premiere in the spring of 2019 on Golf Channel and NBC. The series will follow the journey to return to the 2019 NCAA Golf National Championships in May.

Driven is written and produced by Ollie Stokes, a 20-time Emmy Award winner who also wrote and produced Showtime's ALL ACCESS: Mayweather vs. McGregor.

Leading up to Golf Channel's coverage of the 2019 NCAA Men's Golf Championships, Driven is scheduled to air on three consecutive Mondays starting May 6 on Golf Channel, with the final installment premiering on NBC following the championships. Driven will feature exclusive footage from production crews embedded with Alabama, Auburn and Oklahoma State's men's golf programs over the course of the 2018-19 season, culminating in Fayetteville, Ark., with the University of Arkansas hosting the NCAA Men's Golf Championships at The Blessings Golf Club from May 24-29. Golf Channel will air live coverage of the championships Monday-Wednesday, May 27-29.

Golf Channel is the television home for college golf, including the NCAA Men's and Women's Division I Golf National Championships and East Lake Cup. The network has provided live coverage of the men's national championships since 2014 and the women's national championships since 2015, which now are hosted at the same venue in consecutive weeks in May.

In addition, Golf Channel deploys its comprehensive portfolio of news, digital and social media coverage year-round in covering collegiate golf, including specials for regional and national qualifying and on-site, wraparound news from golf's biggest college events.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Fantastic PR for the golf team................couldn't be happier. We're doing great things in golf

https://auburntigers.com/news/2018/11/19/mens-golf-auburn-to-be-featured-on-golf-channels-driven-documentary.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3S1cXWRxmFqGJNkNWvAlDs4lVueBqOojYeN27jpSSvcw836GZjD07Kzxo

ORLANDO, Fla. – Golf Channel's Golf Films unit announced today a greenlight for a second season of Driven, a four-part documentary series executive produced by PGA TOUR superstar Rickie Fowler (Main Event Productions) that follows the competitive journeys and storied rivalries of college golf's top programs.

This documentary is set to feature the Auburn men's golf team, along with Alabama and Oklahoma State.

"It's a privilege to be selected to air on Driven and the team is excited about the opportunity," head coach Nick Clinard said. "It will be a fascinating show that takes you in the lives of our players and showcases their work ethic, personalities and passion for the game and rivalry.

"College golf is exceptional in the state of Alabama and Driven will highlight the rivalry of Auburn vs. Alabama and so much more. We look forward to the next few months of filming and I would like to thank the Golf Channel for selecting the best rivalry in college sports!"

Described as "Hard Knocks with golf clubs" by USA Today and "reminiscent of Friday Night Lights" by Golfweek, Driven's second season will premiere in the spring of 2019 on Golf Channel and NBC. The series will follow the journey to return to the 2019 NCAA Golf National Championships in May.

Driven is written and produced by Ollie Stokes, a 20-time Emmy Award winner who also wrote and produced Showtime's ALL ACCESS: Mayweather vs. McGregor.

Leading up to Golf Channel's coverage of the 2019 NCAA Men's Golf Championships, Driven is scheduled to air on three consecutive Mondays starting May 6 on Golf Channel, with the final installment premiering on NBC following the championships. Driven will feature exclusive footage from production crews embedded with Alabama, Auburn and Oklahoma State's men's golf programs over the course of the 2018-19 season, culminating in Fayetteville, Ark., with the University of Arkansas hosting the NCAA Men's Golf Championships at The Blessings Golf Club from May 24-29. Golf Channel will air live coverage of the championships Monday-Wednesday, May 27-29.

Golf Channel is the television home for college golf, including the NCAA Men's and Women's Division I Golf National Championships and East Lake Cup. The network has provided live coverage of the men's national championships since 2014 and the women's national championships since 2015, which now are hosted at the same venue in consecutive weeks in May.

In addition, Golf Channel deploys its comprehensive portfolio of news, digital and social media coverage year-round in covering collegiate golf, including specials for regional and national qualifying and on-site, wraparound news from golf's biggest college events.

MAY ?  dang....can we count you to remind us about a week before it actually airs?   

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

MAY ?  dang....can we count you to remind us about a week before it actually airs?   

Hell I'll be lucky if I can remember myself....................have to put a reminder in my phone

On 11/28/2018 at 8:24 PM, AU64 said:

I'm putting golf in charge of the reminder. We'll be pissed if he forgets........

Archived