men vs. St. Peter's Game thread

WarTiger

6 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

watching these guys play make my anxiety go up ... I want to help will their horrid shots to go in ... heck i'm excited when they make a successful entry pass

It is tough to watch. I feel like I could have more awareness, but they’d definitely destroy me on the court because I’m awful at basketball. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

It is tough to watch. I feel like I could have more awareness, but they’d definitely destroy me on the court. 

I think that shows how good D1 basketball is relative to old former athlete guys like me.  The Auburn walk on guys had a hard time against St. Pete, but would thump me.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

It is tough to watch. I feel like I could have more awareness, but they’d definitely destroy me on the court. 

Blackstock would feast in a pickup game against me lol. 6’3 so I always end up on the post. He towers over me. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Madorf and Macoy both missed 1 FT each. It's a combination blame.

Madorf made the 3 pointer though.....he's even in my book. 

Blackstock was our LAST CHANCE...lol!!!

that was one heck of a beat down. Not much to take from a game like that....i thought we played harder against them then we did UoM which was good to see. Mac had a great game and was hitting some of those 3s. Got to see Doughty play some PG. Not great but we need options there. Wiley looks to be getting back into game shape. Based on how Wiley has looked we need to expect it to take a couple weeks for Danjel to get fully back in and acclimated. Danjel hasn't been injured so i'm hoping that will speed up his ability to get back in the thick of the action

This team was horrible. We need to play against someone that's trash enough that we can experiment alot but good enough to give players visual cues of the negatives of stupid shots and whatnot

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

This team was horrible

they were beyond horrible...outside of possibly a couple of tony barbee teams, they were the worse college basketball team that i have ever seen not wearing bows in their hair

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

This team was horrible. We need to play against someone that's trash enough that we can experiment alot but good enough to give players visual cues of the negatives of stupid shots and whatnot

Probably so..but there we were ….up by 40 and Bryce and others still putting up long 3 point shots.    BP was complaining a few days ago about not being able to trust his bench and a few other things....seems that Spencer got the message  and did not take a 3 last night but starters played about 2/3rds of the game which was a surprise to me.  .    

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

some of our passing was simply atrocious and lackadaisical - mostly passes we got away with.  watch, the game against dayton, we will throw the ball away around the perimeter because of bad habits last night.

well, maybe i'm overreacting, but i found myself fussing at the TV last night for some lazy things. (in a 50 point win)

15 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

some of our passing was simply atrocious and lackadaisical - mostly passes we got away with.  watch, the game against dayton, we will throw the ball away around the perimeter because of bad habits last night.

well, maybe i'm overreacting, but i found myself fussing at the TV last night for some lazy things. (in a 50 point win)

I think they were just trying not to be cruel.....lol

59 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think they were just trying not to be cruel.....lol

Maybe to some extent but we go through periods of doing this against good teams as well. We have to be better panzers especially as the games get tougher.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe to some extent but we go through periods of doing this against good teams as well. We have to be better panzers especially as the games get tougher.

I was really just kidding......

13 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

That is something that has plagued us the last few years.  Our focus when we build a lead is terrible.  We routinely allow teams to make runs and get back into games because of the, as you said, lackadaisical passing, sloppy cuts, and terrible ball handling.  Every time we have a chance to slam the door we go on a turnover run.  That will bites us badly in conference and tournament play. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

That is something that has plagued us the last few years.  Our focus when we build a lead is terrible.  We routinely allow teams to make runs and get back into games because of the, as you said, lackadaisical passing, sloppy cuts, and terrible ball handling.  Every time we have a chance to slam the door we go on a turnover run.  That will bites us badly in conference and tournament play. 

I think its a lot to ask of the players to not get sloppy in games like this one. They knew very quickly this was goin to be a one sided game. But i hear you when it comes to games against tougher competition. I feel we stayed sharp during the Washington game this year when it was a blow out and that gives me hope/confidence this team knows when to buckle down and stay focused regardless of the score. 

Archived