Still the best returning freshman class in the country

TigerFanAU

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for what gif

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Seems like I remember most people on here saying jbg was the coach we needed at the beginning of the season. I still think he’s the one we need for next season to coach these youngsters and have some continuance in coaching them a second year.

I also don’t think coaches have to yell and scream at kids coming off the field to be coaching them up. To make blanket statements that they aren’t coaching these kids up isn’t fair. I love what we have coming back next year and if we find a qb(kB) then we can be really good. We also have uat and the dogs at home. 

Who is jbg?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Miller, Newkirk, Jibunor, and Truesdell will all be just fine.

what kind of depth do we have behind these guys especially on the DL?

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

what kind of depth do we have behind these guys especially on the DL?

Thanks!

They are the depth behind Russle, Brown, Williams, Coe, and Davidson

This is something we should all normally be ecstatic about. Unfortunately, with the 3 ring circus coaching staff on offense my expectations have drastically dropped. Welp...at least the B-ball.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

I meant for next year.

Thanks!

Doc

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Seems like Asa Martin it's definitely not happy based off his tweet..

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAsaMartin_/status/1068416199741108224

5th string backs are seldom happy. He's behind Whitlow, K-mart, Shivers and Miller and not one of those is a senior.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

5th string backs are seldom happy. He's behind Whitlow, K-mart, Shivers and Miller and not one of those is a senior.

And he's better than most of them....but you know how Gus does it. Can't play the back ups until the starter is unable to go

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

And he's better than most of them....but you know how Gus does it. Can't play the back ups until the starter is unable to go

I agree. People have said that after seeing him in the liberty game that they realize he is a ways away from being where he should be..... Well no crap.... Players must develop and nothing does that faster than asking PT. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Roc Thomas...RT was one of if not the most exciting recruit we landed in years for me....I feel like he was the next Cadillac....

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

And he's better than most of them

You have no possible way of knowing that.

Quote: " .but you know how Gus does it. Can't play the back ups until the starter is unable to go

Don't let facts get in the way of your bashing fixation, do you? Four RB's payed against UAT. maybe you should watch a game before you post stuff that is not factual.

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Roc Thomas...RT was one of if not the most exciting recruit we landed in years for me....I feel like he was the next Cadillac....

Except that he wasn't. Just because people fixate on some highly rated recruit doesn't mean that guy will be a great player at Auburn or whatever college he chooses. Look no farther than UAT. They have paved a road with 4 and 5 star washouts.

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

Ashley likely being gone? Gee, I wonder why we can’t land big time OL recruits?

??? Ashley was as big-time an O-line recruit as there is. If he didn't handle the transition to college well, that's not uncommon. It happens about half the time.

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You have no possible way of knowing that.

Quote: " .but you know how Gus does it. Can't play the back ups until the starter is unable to go

Don't let facts get in the way of your bashing fixation, do you? Four RB's payed against UAT. maybe you should watch a game before you post stuff that is not factual.

Except that he wasn't. Just because people fixate on some highly rated recruit doesn't mean that guy will be a great player at Auburn or whatever college he chooses. Look no farther than UAT. They have paved a road with 4 and 5 star washouts.

Yeah RT wasn't good enough to play at AU but he's good enough to play in the NFL. Gus failed RT and it is a glaring example of why highly rated RBs no longer look our way 

On 11/28/2018 at 8:42 PM, TigerFanAU said:

I get it, rumors, coaches, etc.. it happens every year... but I can't remember the last time so many freshman were this involved. Auburn has the best freshman class, soon to be sophomores in the country: Shivers, Schwartz, Seth Williams, Smoke Monday, Whitlow. Championship caliber potential, all coming back. 

War Damn Eagle!

It's easily the most impactful freshman class I've seen at Auburn. In addition to those you mentioned, Sherwood is Monday's equal at safety. Tutt and McCreary have played in critical situations at CB. Coynis Miller has played important downs at DT. Shedrick Jackson's role at WR increased as the season progressed. Don't forget the punter, Sipross. He's not a freshman but he's a big part of this signee class. LB's Zakoby McClain and Michael Harris have had moments and McClain has played a lot of special team snaps.

I haven't looked around enough to proclaim "best in the country" but I do know Auburn and this is the most impactful class, as freshmen, going back to the days of Coach Jordan.

2 minutes ago, 92AU said:

Yeah RT wasn't good enough to play at AU but he's good enough to play in the NFL. Gus failed RT and it is a glaring example of why highly rated RBs no longer look our way 

The RT of the NFL isn't the RT that came to Auburn. He owes Gus a big Thank You for pushing him along the road to adulthood.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:32 PM, bigbird said:

Do you really think jibunor, truesdale, Miller,  newkirk are all going to be playing the NFL. Because all the others are. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The RT of the NFL isn't the RT that came to Auburn. He owes Gus a big Thank You for pushing him along the road to adulthood.

Great coaching huh, maybe if all our RBs transfer they'll all get in the league. Funny how bama and ga can have their second and third string RBs actually stay on the team, contribute and still get to the NFL. 

Public service announcement: This should be a thread celebrating a great class of Auburn freshman football players. You Gus bashers have an endless number of crybaby threads to whine in. Can't you take the sniveling elsewhere and leave just one or two threads to people that want to discuss Auburn football?

34 minutes ago, 92AU said:

Do you really think jibunor, truesdale, Miller,  newkirk are all going to be playing the NFL. Because all the others are. 

I think that, as freshman, they have the same potential as the others did as freshman.  

Archived