The Miami Herald's excellent journalistic takedown of Secretary of Labor Alex Acosta with regard to Jeffrey Epstein (Update 8/10/19:Good Riddance)

AUDub

10 hours ago, kevon67 said:

At the end of the day it boils down to all involved need to pay for the crimes comitted...........Donald, Bill, Hillary, the Pope........regardless of who's involved........and I am sure you feel the same👍

I’ll be very surprised if Hillary Clinton had involvement in this stuff. I’m not a fan of her, by any means, but I just don’t really see her as a sit back and watch young girls getting trafficked type. If I’m wrong, I’ll gladly eat crow. 

Now Donny, Bill, and The Pope. Wouldn’t be surprised one bit. In fact, Donny and Bill not having a connection would surprise me more. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/9/2019 at 8:24 AM, aubiefifty said:

What You Should Know About The Child Rape Case Against Donald Trump

Dan Seitz 07.01.16

https://uproxx.com/news/donald-trump-child-rape-case-jeffrey-epstein/

Hey Salty, FYI, this is another one of those "links" the press are looking for but can never find.  ;)

Could we actually include the LINKS in these posts??? lol

One more poser for the crowd: Why did the Public Corruption Unit get this case? 

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/why-its-really-bad-for-epstein-hes-being-prosecuted-by-sdnys-public-corruption-unit/

A few things about this stuck out to criminal defense lawyer and Law&Crime trial analyst Gene Rossi. First and foremost, it’s “extremely bad news” for Epstein that the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York is involved.

“They don’t play nice,” Rossi told Law&Crime in a phone interview Sunday.

Also, it means that other charges are possible. It could mean money laundering, public corruption, or tax-related charges.

“Who knows?” he said. “The sky’s the limit.”

He said it would be a surprise if the case only involved the sex trafficking charges.

The SDNY in part describes the unit as generally investigating crimes of bribery, embezzlement, and frauds committed against local, state, and federal government agencies.

Fully prepared to watch Clinton burn. I'll bring the marshmallows. 

But it does seem prudent to at least simultaneously focus on people who are currently making important decisions that affect, you know, the welfare of hundreds of millions of Americans, global markets, the future of the planet, etc. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fully prepared to watch Clinton burn. I'll bring the marshmallows. 

But it does seem prudent to at least simultaneously focus on people who are currently making important decisions that affect, you know, the welfare of hundreds of millions of Americans, global markets, the future of the planet, etc. 

i am with you on clinton loof. but you can state how you feel about the clintons and it still gets thrown up in the faces of the left. and i am not sure there are any clinton fans on here to be honest.add obama and the trump is never guilty of anything and you have the vast majority of righties on here.

Acosta, Who Cut Deal With Epstein, Tried to Slash Anti-Trafficking Program by 80 Percent

On Jan. 2, 2018, Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta released a statement commemorating the beginning of Human Trafficking Awareness Month, recommitting his department’s mission to “ending practices that harm individuals, families, and communities.” 

“We must act to end exploitation and abusive labor practices at home and abroad,” the statement said. 

Absent from that statement was the fact he had already tried to cut a program by nearly 80 percent inside the Department of Labor dedicated to combating human trafficking, along with child and forced labor, internationally. And two months later, he would return to Congress to advocate for a second budget to cut the program just as deeply. 

His proposal came under fire from a congresswoman who noted a chapter from Acosta’s past: As U.S. attorney in the Southern District of Florida, Acosta granted a sweetheart deal that allowed convicted sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein to plead to one count of prostitution and serve out 13 months of an 18-month sentence prison sentence (in which he was allowed to leave jail to go to the office most days) despite allegations he molested and trafficked countless underage girls.......

Read the rest at: 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/labor-secretary-alex-acosta-who-cut-deal-with-epstein-tried-to-slash-anti-trafficking-budget?ref=home

On 7/9/2019 at 9:58 AM, DKW 86 said:

Could we actually include the LINKS in these posts??? lol

One more poser for the crowd: Why did the Public Corruption Unit get this case? 

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/why-its-really-bad-for-epstein-hes-being-prosecuted-by-sdnys-public-corruption-unit/

when i learn how to i certainly will. it seems to be way easier than copy and paste like i do. until then it is all i got

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Acosta, Who Cut Deal With Epstein, Tried to Slash Anti-Trafficking Program by 80 Percent

On Jan. 2, 2018, Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta released a statement commemorating the beginning of Human Trafficking Awareness Month, recommitting his department’s mission to “ending practices that harm individuals, families, and communities.” 

“We must act to end exploitation and abusive labor practices at home and abroad,” the statement said. 

Absent from that statement was the fact he had already tried to cut a program by nearly 80 percent inside the Department of Labor dedicated to combating human trafficking, along with child and forced labor, internationally. And two months later, he would return to Congress to advocate for a second budget to cut the program just as deeply. 

His proposal came under fire from a congresswoman who noted a chapter from Acosta’s past: As U.S. attorney in the Southern District of Florida, Acosta granted a sweetheart deal that allowed convicted sexual predator Jeffrey Epstein to plead to one count of prostitution and serve out 13 months of an 18-month sentence prison sentence (in which he was allowed to leave jail to go to the office most days) despite allegations he molested and trafficked countless underage girls.......

Read the rest at: 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/labor-secretary-alex-acosta-who-cut-deal-with-epstein-tried-to-slash-anti-trafficking-budget?ref=home

has trump said on the tele or twitter yet how great a guy acosta is?

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

when i learn how to i certainly will. it seems to be way easier than copy and paste like i do. until then it is all i got

You just go up to the browser bar and copy and paste the address the same way you do the text. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You just go up to the browser bar and copy and paste the address the same way you do the text. 

are you sh*ttin me? some guy tried to explain it once on here and i got confused. wonder why he did not lay it out like you did? thanks loof!

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

are you sh*ttin me? some guy tried to explain it once on here and i got confused. wonder why he did not lay it out like you did? thanks loof!

Oh lawd. I don't know how somebody can make it more complicated than that, lol. (Unless he was trying to tell you how to use the hyperlink feature in the editing toolbar to create a link with alternate text... but that is super unnecessary.)

Just now, McLoofus said:

Oh lawd. I don't know how somebody can make it more complicated than that, lol. (Unless he was trying to tell you how to use the hyperlink feature in the editing toolbar to create a link with alternate text... but that is super unnecessary.)

it sure did. i could be confused at my age as i do that a lot as well. but thanx again. i hope one day when i start collecting social security i can take a basic puter class at jsu or maybe gadsden state.soon.

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it sure did. i could be confused at my age as i do that a lot as well. but thanx again. i hope one day when i start collecting social security i can take a basic puter class at jsu or maybe gadsden state.soon.

That's a great idea and I hope that works out for you. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Good riddance. 

There are probably mob families in Jersey who run a tighter ship than this jackass. And who probably don't return his calls anymore. 

47 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Good riddance. 

The way this was all shoved under the door at the Federal level and basically all but ignored at the state level should scare everyone. 

Lets see if everyone is still ready to prosecute the guilty now that the resignation is done.  

I don’t care for Acosta at all. Just like most people this dumbass appointed. But I think he just got jammed up in what the standard was and what it is now. His explanation suited me as to how much things have changed. 

Imagine for a second that it's say, 2014.  The Epstein thing blows up just like it is now and this 2002 quote from Obama is unearthed.  How many levels of 5-alarm hysterics would Fox be on right now?

“I've known Jeff [Epstein] for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I don’t care for Acosta at all. Just like most people this dumbass appointed. But I think he just got jammed up in what the standard was and what it is now. His explanation suited me as to how much things have changed. 

I don't think there's ever been a social standard that excuses raping children.

Acosta either didn't think much of that standard.  Certainly not enough to keep himself from pandering to the rich and powerful, undoubtedly hoping to join their ranks. 

And he came damn close to getting away with it.

Did you see his press conference?  What a pile of self-serving excuses and shifting blame.  He's as bad as those who participated directly.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

His explanation doesn't hold water to me regardless of whether it's 2005 or 2019.  And not only was it morally bankrupt, it was illegal and Acosta knew it.

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Imagine for a second that it's say, 2014.  The Epstein thing blows up just like it is now and this 2002 quote from Obama is unearthed.  How many levels of 5-alarm hysterics would Fox be on right now?

“I've known Jeff [Epstein] for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."

24/7 screaming coverage for days.....

On 7/10/2019 at 7:00 PM, aubiefifty said:

has trump said on the tele or twitter yet how great a guy acosta is?

Trump on Acosta: “I’m with him”

Trump’s defense of the resigning labor secretary is part of a pattern.

"........Acosta is stepping down amid growing criticism of a non-prosecution agreement his office signed with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein in 2008, when Acosta was US attorney for Miami. Under the deal, Epstein served just 13 months in a county jail, even though he was accused of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls.....

.....Earlier this week, though, Trump defended Acosta, saying he felt “very badly” for the labor secretary amid the criticism he faced, “because I’ve known him as being somebody that works so hard and has done such a good job.”

Trump also said, “if you go back and look at everybody else’s decisions, whether it’s a U.S. attorney, or an assistant U.S. attorney or a judge, if you go back 12 or 15 years ago or 20 years ago and look at their past decisions, I would think you would probably find that they would wish they’d maybe did it a different way.”

His remarks on Friday struck a similar tone. Acosta was “not a good labor secretary, a great labor secretary,” Trump said. “He’s done a fantastic job.”

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/7/12/20691739/acosta-resigns-stepping-down-trump-jeffrey-epstein

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I don't think there's ever been a social standard that excuses raping children.

Acosta either didn't think much of that standard.  Certainly not enough to keep himself from pandering to the rich and powerful, undoubtedly hoping to join their ranks. 

And he came damn close to getting away with it.

Did you see his press conference?  What a pile of self-serving excuses and shifting blame.  He's as bad as those who participated directly.

He got 13 months. It wasn’t enough. I’d be all for a public hanging. But there was no public social media lynching back then to make the justice department accountable. Plea deals were made and people moved on. Plea deals were not usually made to buy favors. They were and are made to get at least some  sure justice without bogging down the courts. If you believe he was DAMN close to getting away with it, you should be inclined to believe a push for harsher punishment MIGHT have gotten him out of it . I believe Acosta when he says it was the best way to go about it at that particular time. Other than that, Acosta can jump off a bridge and I’d be satisfied. 

acosta lied to the victims. he was supposed to have their back and he failed them. it was something about he was required by law when a plea deal is being considered so they get their say in it? i missed part of it because i got a phone call. but ol ep basically got to leave his prison and work at home or his business i believe five hours a day. also other lawyers were saying acosta lied to everyone. shrugs. but what ever sentence and time epp did never slowed him down. i doubt it even did when he was doing his time. but i bet he was never in a hard core prison either or someone would have taken him out. peds hardly ever live through prison.

Archived