Season Long Bracketology Thread

ellitor

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The top rated bracketology group Delphi has us at a 9 as of 2/28 so we are safe right now with Duke being the #1 on that portion of the bracket. The 2nd best group Bracketville also has us at a 9 with UVA being the #1 in that portion.

PLEASE SWEET BABY RAY'S DO NOT LET US BE MATCHED UP WITH VIRGINIA IF WE ARE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO GET TO THE 2ND ROUND. Ultimate nightmare matchup for us. There isn't a single other team in the country I want to see our team matched up with less than UVA.

YES!!!! Virginia is Ole Miss on steroids when it comes to running the perfect gameplan vs us like you said. That would be a nightmare.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

YES!!!! Virginia is Ole Miss on steroids when it comes to running the perfect gameplan vs us like you said. That would be a nightmare.

If we thought the Clemson game was bad last year.........yikes

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I wish we could win enough games to get a 6 seed. The computers seem to love us. Maybe if we win 2 out of the 3 remaining games we can start our climb back up the bracket. 

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I wish we could win enough games to get a 6 seed. The computers seem to love us. Maybe if we win 2 out of the 3 remaining games we can start our climb back up the bracket. 

Anything but the 8/9 seeds. I'd even take a 10

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Anything but the 8/9 seeds. I'd even take a 10

Probably have to win 4 out of 5 games counting the 1st 2 rounds of the SEC Tourney to get off the 8/9 line.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Probably have to win 4 out of 5 games counting the 1st 2 rounds of the SEC Tourney to get off the 8/9 line.

What about dropping 1 or 2 more (seems like it's certainly possible) in your estimation would that be enough to slide us to a worse seed but not enough to drop us out? 

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What about dropping 1 or 2 more (seems like it's certainly possible) in your estimation would that be enough to slide us to a worse seed but not enough to drop us out? 

Probably have to lose 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 for that to happen. From what I could tell there's a good gap in resumes from what AU should be as a 9 seed IMO & the 10-12 at large seeds.All the 10-12s have bad losses of which AU doesn't have & likely won't have & they have no real advantages over AU in resume.

Just now, Tiger said:

CALM DOWN FAM!!!! Now you are getting @Dual-Threat Rigby riled up and too excited with this kind of talk about losing games!!! You know he dreams of going to the NIT! lol

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

CALM DOWN FAM!!!! Now you are getting @Dual-Threat Rigby riled up and too excited with this kind of talk about losing games!!! You know he dreams of going to the NIT! lol

LOLOL noooooo friends don't let friends hope for the NIT when the NCAA is on the table.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LOLOL noooooo friends don't let friends hope for the NIT when the NCAA is on the table.

BAHAHA PRINT THE SHIRTS!

3 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

That dub absolutely sealed our fate as a tourney team gang. Legggggoooooo 

Yup!

On 3/1/2019 at 3:43 PM, Tiger said:

We don't match up against any 1 seed well. That's the nature of them being a 1 seed. 

2 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

We don't match up against any 1 seed well. That's the nature of them being a 1 seed. 

I agree with you but UVA is a different animal IMO. As @GwillMac6 said, they will operate the same gameplan UAB/Ole Miss did, which we clearly struggle with, except run it an exceptionally elite level. I really think they'd suffocate us from start to finish, as opposed to, say, Duke who we showed we can actually be on the same floor as them at a neutral site. 

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

I know it’s in AU, but we’re 60 to 40 percent favorites to beat Tennessee on Saturday according to espn’s prediction algorithm. I don’t think that both Gonzaga and Tennessee would be more than 5pt favorites against AU on a neutral court

Lunardi already has an updated bracketology up. Nice to see he has us as a 6 seed even though he's an average bracketologist.  Ole Miss dropped down to last 4 byes & Bame one of the last 4 in. As of now it would be Ole Miss & Bama in the 8/9 game in the SEC Tourney. With Florida having LSU & UK left it may be Bama & the Gators in the 8/9 game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/249

Can't wait to see where the top 10 bracketologists on BracketMatrix.com have us after this win. They had us between a 7 & 8 seed before this game.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:24 PM, Gene Loblaw said:

I know it’s in AU, but we’re 60 to 40 percent favorites to beat Tennessee on Saturday according to espn’s prediction algorithm. I don’t think that both Gonzaga and Tennessee would be more than 5pt favorites against AU on a neutral court

I’m not talking about odds, I’m talking about the guys on the floor. 

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Lunardi already has an updated bracketology up. Nice to see he has us as a 6 seed even though he's an average bracketologist.  Ole Miss dropped down to last 4 byes & Bame one of the last 4 in. As of now it would be Ole Miss & Bama in the 8/9 game in the SEC Tourney. With Florida having LSU & UK left it may be Bama & the Gators in the 8/9 game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/249

Can't wait to see where the top 10 bracketologists on BracketMatrix.com have us after this win. They had us between a 7 & 8 seed before this game.

If we can beat UT and get or hold on to a 6 seed, that would be huge. As a 7 seed, a first round win leads to a match up vs a 2 seed, and while there may be some weaker 1 seeds than usual this season, there will be some very strong 2 seeds. Duke, UK, UT, UNC all possible 2 seeds. 

I'm seeing more brackets putting us around the 6 seed level. Gotta give the team a lot of props for finishing the season out strong like they have. Getting hot and figuring things out at the right time!

51 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'm seeing more brackets putting us around the 6 seed level. Gotta give the team a lot of props for finishing the season out strong like they have. Getting hot and figuring things out at the right time!

There are more brackets with us in the 6 seed than there were but a 7 seed is still the median, average, & the mean right now. The good news is our worst has gone from an 11 or an 8 seed.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Palm released his bracket today and still has us as a low 7. I'm a little surprised at that. With out NET (17th), I'd think we'd be looking at a high 5 seed if the season ended today. 

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Palm released his bracket today and still has us as a low 7. I'm a little surprised at that. With out NET (17th), I'd think we'd be looking at a high 5 seed if the season ended today. 

Me and @Tiger guy Lunardi has us as a 5 seed. Palm has not been high on us for awhile. Those are the only 2 bracketologists I pay attention to because they are the only ones I know haha. 

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Palm is a poor bracketologist FWIW. Of the 120+ that predicts brackets he is 82. I pretty much pay his opinion no mind.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

BracketMatrix is a better resource than Palm or Joe Lunardi & we are on the 6 line there with still 20 brackets that have not updated yet.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Those are the only 2 bracketologists I pay attention to because they are the only ones I know haha. 

Well start paying attention to WarrenNolan.com. Best tool out there for NET info for men's basketball as well as RPI for women's basketball & college baseball. RPI updates are real time on that site instead of once a day by the NCAA. Plus even though his brackets don't come out til the last week of each season he is a top 5 bracketologist.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Well start paying attention to WarrenNolan.com. Best tool out there for NET info for men's basketball as well as RPI for women's basketball & college baseball. RPI updates are real time on that site instead of once a day by the NCAA. Plus even though his brackets don't come out til the last week of each season he is a top 5 bracketologist.

Very much a Warren Nolan fan.  That site is a hell of a resource. 

Archived