Here is what Gus needs to do

gr82b4au

Since it appears he is staying, he MUST do 1 of 2 things IMO. 

1) Take over all the play calling duties. He was hired because he knows how to coach an offense. Right now the meddling that he is doing is just not working. May as well call every play like you did back when our offense was amazing.

or 

2) Let the assistants do their job. Step back and Stop meddling with the offense.

Those are the only 2 choices. 

Or..

He could only recruit players with the built-in ability to Execute.  😁

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

1) Take over all the play calling duties. He was hired because he knows how to coach an offense. Right now the meddling that he is doing is just not working. May as well call every play like you did back when our offense was amazing.

or 

2) Let the assistants do their job. Step back and Stop meddling with the offense.

Great and we fans will spend the offseason and on into the 2019 season trying to figure out which option he chose. We all know he could declare one way or the other for the media and still do whatever the heck he wants. 

31 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I really would be fine with him assuming all duties. It would eliminate our speculation and guessing game. And despite his shortcomings, when he gets on a roll, it's usually a big one. 

I agree 

31 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I really would be fine with him assuming all duties. It would eliminate our speculation and guessing game. And despite his shortcomings, when he gets on a roll, it's usually a big one. 

I don't disagree.

It's the ultimate "Put up or Shut up".

Agree with OP.  Who’s gonna teach him about principles of roster management and how to make in-game adjustments?  The guy needs some major mentoring/tutoring on these 2 things, just to name a few. 

He needs to let his staff coach up all the players that's there now and the recruits that's coming in Feb and Dec. Gus has no clue how coach players up.

11 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

He could go to Ga Tech. That would work for me.

I believe that would work for a lot of folks!

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

The only people speculating and guessing who is in control of the offense are people who have no clue what a Chip Lindsey offense looks like. As this offense looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like a Chip Lindsey offense, there is no speculation or guessing involved. None. Whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

The only people speculating and guessing who is in control of the offense are people who have no clue what a Chip Lindsey offense looks like. As this offense looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like a Chip Lindsey offense, there is no speculation or guessing involved. None. Whatsoever.

You mean the CoxCat wasn’t in Chips original offense? Surely you jest. 

I think most head coaches involve themselves the week of the game ensuring an appropriate gameplan and implementation.  During game day and during the game assistants make game time adjustments and playcalling.  Only if something goes wrong does hc get involved.

1 hour ago, doug3020 said:

You mean the CoxCat wasn’t in Chips original offense? Surely you jest. 

Been in his playbook for more than a decade.  He's been waiting for a player named 'Cox' to come along...

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

or 

You've been stalking my posts, I see. I agree 100%.

Well Alabama and Nick Saban wins another SEC championship and is in the final 4 with a chance to play and win another national championship. Mean while, Auburn keeps giving Gus Malzahn more years to keep winning 7 to 8 games every year.

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Well Alabama and Nick Saban wins another SEC championship and is in the final 4 with a chance to play and win another national championship. Mean while, Auburn keeps giving Gus Malzahn more years to keep winning 7 to 8 games every year.

If Gus brings in yet another OC, he'll need at least two more years.  You know, just to be fair to him.  He tries sooooooo hard....

49 minutes ago, AURealist said:

If Gus brings in yet another OC, he'll need at least two more years.  You know, just to be fair to him.  He tries sooooooo hard....

I’m really struggling today. Can’t find any light at the end of the tunnel. Oh and Satan won another conf title. With 1minute or so to go with backup qb. This is gonna be a long long offseason. Btw I hate turd fans. 

7 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

He needs to let his staff coach up all the players that's there now and the recruits that's coming in Feb and Dec. Gus has no clue how coach players up.

They haven't coached up anyone on O for five years why would they start now

22 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

They haven't coached up anyone on O for five years why would they start now

I'm hoping there was a meeting of some sort and Gus realizes he needs to make drastic changes.  And I mean drastic changes.  I  swear, I think he holds closed practices because he's got the team running plays against hay bales or something...  

10 hours ago, AURealist said:

I'm hoping there was a meeting of some sort and Gus realizes he needs to make drastic changes.  And I mean drastic changes.  I  swear, I think he holds closed practices because he's got the team running plays against hay bales or something...  

I hope this statement from you was just a weak moment or alcohol induced.  You know, as well as anybody, Gus is incapable of realizing he needs to change.  Carry on.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I hope this statement from you was just a weak moment or alcohol induced.  You know, as well as anybody, Gus is incapable of realizing he needs to change.  Carry on.

It is my hope.  I know it's slim and I'm not making bets on it, but it's literally the only thing short of outright firing Gus that can change what happens on the field next season.   I refuse to seek solace in reveries of our brighter past (where we're always awesome and world famous) which I suspect is where threads will be trending soon.  I want to believe we're always actively doing something now to be better.  

believe.jpeg

Archived