Men's Schedule & Other Games That Affect AU

AUGoo

The link below is from the AU Athletics site & will have results as they happen. Below the link is a JPG file of the season schedule without results. If you can't read the schedule well click on the picture & the picture of the schedule will be Zoomed for you.

https://auburntigers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

2018_19_MBB_Schedule-page-001.jpg

Vandy-NC State

Neither team appears to have the energy we have.  They are either both very tired, or not as good as I expected.

Edited by ellitor
Demand for schedule to be posted
  • Thanks 1

46-34 at the half- Pack

Vandy PG play looks very average.  They have played a zone the entire first half. 

NC State has not shot them out of the zone.  They have continued to penetrate and score.

Edited by AUGoo

Shittou is going to be a tough match up at Vandy. 

Fr 6'-10" 240 lbs and runs like a deer.  He got skills. Can run, handle the ball, good passer.

• ellitor changed the title to Season Long Games That Affect AU Thread

Notable games today...

Arizona @ UCONN at noon CT on ESPN2.
Mizzou hosts UCF at 2 CT on ESPNU.
Washington hosts Santa Barbara at 7 CT on PAC12 Network.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Notable games today...

Saw where UCF beat bammers.....UCF has a 7'6" center in Tacko Falls 

17 hours ago, AUGoo said:

46-34 at the half- Pack

Vandy PG play looks very average.  They have played a zone the entire first half. 

NC State has not shot them out of the zone.  They have continued to penetrate and score.

Vandy lost their PG and best player to injury

• Like 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

At least when they say they want Bama, they back it up! Lol

• Like 1

Watched Michigan vs Purdue this weekend. Michigan routed them relatively easily. Commentators who were in Maui felt that Michigan would handle Auburn and battle Duke or Gonzaga. I felt our quickness and ball pressure defense is superior to Michigan as is our overall depth. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to show our stuff in March. 

watched kentucky a decent amount so far this season and they may be the most uninspiring top 10 squad i've seen. Think only Keldon Johnson would be the only player on their squad that'd start for Auburn. Can't wait to absolutley murder them in the Clam

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

watched kentucky a decent amount so far this season and they may be the most uninspiring top 10 squad i've seen. Think only Keldon Johnson would be the only player on their squad that'd start for Auburn. Can't wait to absolutley murder them in the Clam

agree....things might change but seems they are skating along based on their name right now.    UT looks good but they are our last game of the regular season and that could be a huge game for both schools....nice that it is at AU.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Vandy lost their PG and best player to injury

I rember reading that.  Him and Touffu would be hard to stop

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

He can move and doesn't look like he's gonna break in half

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I just see them as a bunch of individuals that haven’t been molded into a team yet. Lots of talent and time to do that left in the season.

9 hours ago, jared52 said:

I just see them as a bunch of individuals that haven’t been molded into a team yet. Lots of talent and time to do that left in the season.

that's really not supposed to be the case this year since they kind of surprising returned a lot of players. That's usually Cal's excuse for all of his slow starts is that he's working with a bunch of inexperienced freshmen. But that's not the case this year really. It's just that guys like PJ washington, Quade Green, and Nick Richards all haven't gotten any better in their sophomore year

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Notable games today...

All 3 AU season opponents won yesterday. Mizzou beat a UCF team that recently beat Bama.

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

that's really not supposed to be the case this year since they kind of surprising returned a lot of players. That's usually Cal's excuse for all of his slow starts is that he's working with a bunch of inexperienced freshmen. But that's not the case this year really. It's just that guys like PJ washington, Quade Green, and Nick Richards all haven't gotten any better in their sophomore year

Cal is not supposed to have to do any "development" for his guys.....most are expected to be one and done I guess and his job is to just try to put the right 5 on the floor at any given time and let their natural talent shine through. That's been harder to do in the past few seasons and to some extent the Calipari magic seems to be wearing of on the recruiting trail....JMO  

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

All 3 AU season opponents won yesterday. Mizzou beat a UCF team that recently beat Bama.

I think the Xavier and Arizona wins will look a lot better at the end of the season than they currently do. Or at least I hope they do

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Cal is not supposed to have to do any "development" for his guys.....most are expected to be one and done I guess and his job is to just try to put the right 5 on the floor at any given time and let their natural talent shine through. That's been harder to do in the past few seasons and to some extent the Calipari magic seems to be wearing of on the recruiting trail....JMO  

The guys mentioned aren't close to the same calibre of players that he's been getting in the past. The guys that aren't as physically gifted or talented are harder to win with. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The guys that aren't as physically gifted or talented are harder to win with

Funny how that works huh?

• Like 1

I would imagine all his classes are rated higher than Auburn's.....as stated in my post I said compared to his classes in the past, that means comparing those players to previous players he has coached

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Funny how that works huh?

Absolutely. You magically can become a much better coach when you recruit much better players! 😄

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

All three of those guys I mentioned were 5 star players

True

more highly ranked than anyone on AU’s squad

Irrelevant. We are only discussing Cal developing UK players at the moment.

Let’s not pretend that Cal’s 2017 class was full of scrubs 

Don't think anyone is saying or implying that at all. That being said, yes the 3 players mentioned are 5*s. However they are ranked between the 15th & 26th best players in their class. Seems to me basketball is a sport where there can be a world of difference in a top 10 recruit which UK frequently gets & a 15-30th ranked recruit talent wise.

Given there are only 2 rounds in the NBA draft it seems logical to me the sites need to limit 5*s to the top 10 players in a class instead of keeping near 30 like football who has 7 rounds in their draft.

Edited by ellitor