Men's Schedule & Other Games That Affect AU

AUGoo

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I would imagine all his classes are rated higher than Auburn's.....as stated in my post I said compared to his classes in the past, that means comparing those players to previous players he has coached

True….but you would think that starting with that talent, Cal would help them move to the next step quickly.   Struggling for a good part of a game against UNC-Greensboro the other day  for example....a team with no star tor two star players that should have been run off the floor by middle of the first half.   

Just suggesting that Cal is doing more recruiting than coaching....JMO

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

True….but you would think that starting with that talent, Cal would help them move to the next step quickly.   Struggling for a good part of a game against UNC-Greensboro the other day  for example....a team with no star tor two star players that should have been run off the floor by middle of the first half.   

Just suggesting that Cal is doing more recruiting than coaching....JMO

I see what you are saying. And I agree, but at the same time there's only so much anybody can do. I don't think coach k could make that team a title contender and he's one of the best to ever do it. I think to be a game changer as a player you have to be able to do things that most can't do.  Some type of quality. Players like green....I don't care what he was ranked, what does he do that is special? Now Morant for Murray st? He may not had been ranked high but he has good size for a PG. He has unreal athleticism and speed.....you have players like that...then you can x and o things to do as a coach.

• Like 2

uat is tied with Georgia State with 1:30 to go. Thing about uat is GSU is killing them with the dribble drive, something AU doesn’t seem to have a good handle on. 

Edited by jared52

Way to go Panthers! They overcame a 21 halftime deficit! 

Bammers in full meltdown mode.  The fire Avery movement has begun.  I honestly thought they’d have something for Auburn this year but guess not.

9 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Bammers in full meltdown mode.  The fire Avery movement has begun.  I honestly thought they’d have something for Auburn this year but guess not.

We'll counter their keep Gus campaign with our keep Avery campaign.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

We'll counter their keep Gus campaign with our keep Avery campaign.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. It will show whether they care about basketball or not. Avery was the counter hire to Pearl and I thought at the time it was going to work, but uat’s offense looks like a Barbee coaches team. Do they hang on to Avery just to kill time until Rick Pitino is hireable again? Do they go get someone’s good assistant this year?

38 minutes ago, jared52 said:

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. It will show whether they care about basketball or not. Avery was the counter hire to Pearl and I thought at the time it was going to work, but uat’s offense looks like a Barbee coaches team. Do they hang on to Avery just to kill time until Rick Pitino is hireable again? Do they go get someone’s good assistant this year?

Pitino?!? 

Yikes!!!  He'd fit right in to the culture there though.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Pitino?!? 

Yikes!!!  He'd fit right in to the culture there though.

I just used him as an example of a big time name (flawed I know) that would make a splash in their program. I don't think he will actually ever be a college coach again.

• Like 1

Bama always shoots for the moon with b-ball coaches and then they get turned down. They thought they were getting Tom Izzo and then they hired Grant. They thought they were getting Greg Marshall and then they got Avery. I know they’ll throw cash at someone but I think they’ll wind up disappointed again. No way they hire Pitino

In other noteworthy games last night...

St. Peter's, a team AU beat by 50, stood toe-to-toe at Clemson last night in a back & forth game Clemson only won by 5.
UAB only beat a 2-7 UNA team by 6 at home.
Florida beat WVU in the Jimmy V Classic in New York.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

In other noteworthy games last night...

St. Peter's, a team AU beat by 50, stood toe-to-toe at Clemson last night in a back & forth game Clemson only won by 5.
UAB only beat a 2-7 UNA team by 6 at home.
Florida beat WVU in the Jimmy V Classic in New York.

A non conference win the SEC really needed.

Only looking like a 5-6 bid year right now.

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Only looking like a 5-6 bid year right now.

Could be 7 if Florida, LSU, & Arky don't have any bad noncon losses from this point on & do well in conference play.

Could someone please post and pin the basketball schedule.  Didn't know a good place to post this and thanks.

9 hours ago, kd4au said:

Could someone please post and pin the basketball schedule.  Didn't know a good place to post this and thanks.

It's easily found on AU's official team site. No need posting it here.

With that said, here ya go @kd4au. Bookmark or favorite the below link to your web browser.

https://auburntigers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Could be 7 if Florida, LSU, & Arky don't have any bad noncon losses from this point on & do well in conference play.

Running out of time though. Soon enough the only remaining non-conference games that could enhance the conference overall will be the SEC-Big XII challenge, where we are unfortunately not scheduled again. 

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Washington almost pulled the upset on Gonzaga last night. Would've been a nice win for auburn. Hopefully they go on to win the pac 12

It should still help Washington & us by proxy still. They were 61 in the Net before the game. Will be interesting to see where they are in the next Net Rankings.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Running out of time though. Soon enough the only remaining non-conference games that could enhance the conference overall will be the SEC-Big XII challenge, where we are unfortunately not scheduled again. 

The conference doesn't need to be enhanced overall to get 7 teams in.  AU, UK, UT, Miss St just need to do what they should do plus Arky, UF, & LSU just need to not have any bad noncon losses ahead & finish at or above .500 in the conference.

In another notable game from last night SC lost at Wyoming who was 2-6 before the game & had a NET of 249. I'm glad we don't have to play SC 2 times so they don't bring our SOS down further. Once is enough.