Men's Schedule & Other Games That Affect AU

AUGoo

UT looks like a complete team right now. Probably the class of the conference. 

On 12/15/2018 at 7:26 AM, ellitor said:

Good slate of games today

#2 Vols @ Memphis 11 AM CT ESPN2
NC State vs Penn St in New Jersey 1 PM CT ESPNU
#19 Kentucky hosts Utah 4 PM CT ESPN2
Georgia hosts #20 Zona St 5 PM CT SECN

Washington plays #15 Va. Tech in New Jersey 6 PM CT ESPNU
Xavier hosts Eastern Kentucky 7 PM CT FS1
#17 Miss St hosts Cincy 7:30 PM CT SECN
Texas A&M vs Oregon St in a neutral site game in Oregon 10 PM CT PAC-12N

Zona hosts Baylor 10 PM CT ESPN2
LSU vs. St. Mary's in Vegas 10 PM CT ESPNU

AU opponents in these games went 7-3 yesterday. The 3 losses were UGA who blew a 14 point halftme lead, Washington, & Arizona.

Edited by ellitor

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

...Arizona.

End of a 52 game home winning streak against non conference opposition. 

PAC is hot garbage this season. 

Edited by AUDub

On 12/14/2018 at 8:19 PM, Gene Loblaw said:

he most definitely is. Always knew he was an elite athlete, but I've been inpressed with his 3pt shot. He's a way better shooter than Petty, who was a five star the year before who was apparently known for his shot from distance. Lewis is a baller. Hope he gets hype and leaves after the season.

At least one NBA team is kicking the tires. The vetting process has begun at least.  

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

PAC is hot garbage this season. 

Yup! They have a lower win % as a conference than the AAC & the WCC. Pretty bad.

Did anyone else catch the announcer in the vandy vs asu game say something along the lines of "they don't go down that hard at tooties'" when an ariz st player bricked a 3? 😅

And Vandy looks pretty dang good even without that PG. That game up at their place will be a tough one for us. They'll be in the discussion for top team in SEC

Troy Beats UAB 74-73. Jarvis "Swat" Varnado the Sec all time leading shot blocker brother Jarvis Varnado had 32 points.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Wow.  Kentucky looked good tonight against UNC.

SEC is going to be a tough slog.

Not so sure...Ky and UT...but otherwise ? I have not been very impressed this far....bet the home teams are going to dominate.

I see a lot of good teams in the SEC this year but not many great ones. Tenn looks great. Auburn, Kentucky, and Miss St look like they can be really good to great. Then you have basically all the rest that are still figuring things out. Bama, LSU, Vandy, Mizzou, and Arky have all had some goods wins and some bad losses. South Carolina, TXA&M, and UGA look to be the weakest teams this year. Every one else in the league will make a team pay for having an off night. 

• Like 1

Mississippi State has already defeated Clemson and Dayton at their place. They won’t be an easy ball game either.

47 minutes ago, jared52 said:

uat beats UK. Didn’t see that coming. 

To make matters worse, Trendon Watford is on his Bama visit this weekend, so that atmosphere may help Bama with him. 

Just now, WarEagle2423 said:

To make matters worse, Trendon Watford is on his Bama visit this weekend, so that atmosphere may help Bama with him. 

I don’t know about that. Most bammers are UK basketball fans so it wasn’t as loud as you think it would have been, at least on TV. But this was the first half of the second half that I watched so maybe it got loud as the game closed out. Going to be interesting to see how these 2 teams respond. Most bamzos on Twitter wanted Johnson gone 3 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I don’t know about that. Most bammers are UK basketball fans so it wasn’t as loud as you think it would have been, at least on TV. But this was the first half of the second half that I watched so maybe it got loud as the game closed out. Going to be interesting to see how these 2 teams respond. Most bamzos on Twitter wanted Johnson gone 3 weeks ago. 

I didn’t get to watch. I just figured it’d be a big atmosphere. Hoping Watford goes to Memphis or somewhere other than UAT

9 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Hate seeing Bama getting a nice tourney resume win, but UK losing was good for AU’s hopes of repeating as SEC champs. UT gonna be a problem though

It’s UT’s conference to lose. Barring injury, they have to be the odds on favorite. UK will be better than they were Saturday, and they only have one hard road game (MSU) so they are still in it. 

Edited by jared52

UT rolls at Mizzou, uat loses to LSU, and MSU loses in OT to SCAR. Gonna be a wild conference outside UT most likely. 

I've said it alot, any team with a good guard particularly lead guard can possibly beat any other team. 

Dude is such a freaking stud. He has risen up the mock draft boards all the way up to the top 3.

• Like 1