Kyler Murray should win the Heisman.

GwillMac6

I highly doubt whoever the backup oklahoma QB is could come come in and outplay him if Kyler got hurt in the conference title game and bring them back from the dead. Tua was playing awful before he got hurt anyways. The 1 competitive game they have had all year and he stunk. Would bama be as good with hurts starting all year? no. Of course not. BUT would they be undefeated still? Yes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, gr82b4au said:

I think he will. 

Hope your right. They said today that only 10% of Heisman voters had voted so far. How in the world can even 10% vote already? That is ridiculous. This is the closest heisman race in several years. You should wait until all 3 of the candidates last game.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hope your right. They said today that only 10% of Heisman voters had voted so far. How in the world can even 10% vote already? That is ridiculous. This is the closest heisman race in several years. You should wait until all 3 of the candidates last game.

Those that already voted already had their mind made up and probably was biased against one player or another anyway. If they award the heisman for its true meaning then Murray wins.. he goes out Oklahoma loses.. Tua goes out and it’s next man up.. 

3 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Those that already voted already had their mind made up and probably was biased against one player or another anyway. If they award the heisman for its true meaning then Murray wins.. he goes out Oklahoma loses.. Tua goes out and it’s next man up.. 

SO right AUMarine. Bama equals best team. Oklahoma easily has the best player. Haskins from Ohio State is more valuable than Tua as well. 

I am beginning to think Haskins should win.  He is lighting it up in a Championship game.  30/36 444 yards 4Tds.

Just now, AUBwins said:

I am beginning to think Haskins should win.  He is lighting it up in a Championship game.  30/36 444 yards 4Tds.

I def would have him second. Kyler and Haskins both have better numbers than TUA. Kylers rushing numbers gives him the edge in my book.

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I do agree Haskins is HELLLLLLLA underrated. He has got no hype basically and no media push at all even though coming in to this game he had over 4k yards and 41 passing touchdowns. Grier gets overlooked as well. BUT since the award now is basically the best player on a team with 0 or 1 loss he had no shot.

No way he wins over Tua . Very good player though. Laughed my ass off at the thought that JS could transfer over there behind the success of him.

Just now, DAG said:

No way he wins over Tua . Very good player though. Laughed my ass off at the thought that JS could transfer over there behind the success of him.

You really do not think he wins? Tua left a horrible last image in the minds of voters. It is pretty bad when the backup comes in and leads the comeback and you had 2 ints.

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You really do not think he wins? Tua left a horrible last image in the minds of voters. It is pretty bad when the backup comes in and leads the comeback and you had 2 ints.

I don’t think so. Kyler had an uphill battle from the get go. The fact that Alabama remained undefeated, only will help him. I don’t think they will hold the two interceptions against him although I think it will be much closer.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don’t think so. Kyler had an uphill battle from the get go. The fact that Alabama remained undefeated, only will help him. I don’t think they will hold the two interceptions against him although I think it will be much closer.

Undefeated does not look good when in the only competitive game all year he crapped the bed and the backup qb came down and led the come from behind victory. I mean I def can see Tua still winning if you think the train was already too far down the tracks. 

COME ON VOTERS COME THROUGH BABY!!! WOOOOOOOO

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Undefeated does not look good when in the only competitive game all year he crapped the bed and the backup qb came down and led the come from behind victory. I mean I def can see Tua still winning if you think the train was already too far down the tracks. 

See but that is silly to me. He had one bad half and now he crapped the bed? Lmao. Just last year Jalen had a bad game against UGA and he comes in and plays dang good for a freshman and everyone was on his jock. Cut that crap out man. Tua is a damn good. Majority of the year he has been phenomenal. Y’all kill me with that flavor of the week stuff.

You specifically earlier in the year was saying how wrong you were about him when he was putting up big numbers now he crapped the bed with the only competition he faced smh 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

See but that is silly to me. He had one bad half and now he crapped the bed? Lmao. Just last year Jalen had a bad game against UGA and he comes in and plays dang good for a freshman and everyone was on his jock. Cut that crap out man. Tua is a damn good. Majority of the year he has been phenomenal. Y’all kill me with that flavor of the week stuff.

LOL WOOOO SAAAAAAAAA calm down!!!! We are just swashbuckling having fun hating on bama here!!!! hahaha. AND....... WAYUUUUUUL Ugh yah. When you have the closest heisman race in yeaaaaaaaaaaars where it is razor thin then stuff like this matters. You have to be nit picky. He has been great EVERY game until this one to be honest. But so was Kyler and Haskins. How was it flavor of the week? Those 2 dudes along with Grier were rockstars but the media was not infatuated with them like they were with Tua until recently.

woo.gif

And btw this is not me sticking up for Tua. I am a huge fan of Kyler. He is one of my favorite players. I remember our fans bashing him earlier this season and I was one of the few defending him when their offense struggled against Army and also after the loss to Texas. I just think it is funny how week to week fans change their opinion so quickly on a player. Like Kyler Murray has great numbers but he isn’t facing LSU, Georgia , etc type of defenses. By the same token Kyler doesn’t have the talent that Tua has surrounded by him. Both are great players 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

And btw this is not me sticking up for Tua. I am a huge fan of Kyler. He is one of my favorite players. I remember our fans bashing him earlier this season and I was one of the few defending him when their offense struggled against Army and also after the loss to Texas. I just think it is funny how week to week fans change their opinion so quickly on a player. Like Kyler Murray has great numbers but he isn’t facing LSU, Georgia , etc type of defenses. By the same token Kyler doesn’t have the talent that Tua has surrounded by him. Both are great players 

All 4 candidates are deserving and all have a case as to why they should win (and yes I count grier as a legit candidate knowing he will not win.). And in any given year they would win in a runaway. This is honestly one of the best heisman races of all time for real. This is not some Mark Ingram type of year where you are struggling to find someone who is deserving.

HE HAS BEEN EN FUEGO!!!!!!!!!! 

haskins.jpg

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

COME ON VOTERS COME THROUGH BABY!!! WOOOOOOOO

Yeah but, Tua only played in something like 2 - 4th quarters the whole season and only a few minutes of some 3rd quarters. What would his stats be if he had played in more second half’s? I still hope he does not win!!!!

10 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Yeah but, Tua only played in something like 2 - 4th quarters the whole season and only a few minutes of some 3rd quarters. What would his stats be if he had played in more second half’s? I still hope he does not win!!!!

No idea what the stats are now but this was from a few weeks ago.

JMO but the award is suppose to go to the most valuable college football player.. Alabama loses Tua they still win. Oklahoma loses Murray and they don’t. I think the same can be said for Ohio state. No doubt tua is the best QB in the SEC but if he were at another school.. could he do the same? I don’t know but I dont believe he would be as successful at Oklahoma or Ohio state as those two guys are. 

13 hours ago, fishepa said:

Tua will likely still get the Heisman because they feel sorry for him. 

i think they will use last years championship comeback to give him the edge for what he is lacking in resume of big games as right or wrong as that is.  

I am afraid a large number already voted early.  Ever since 2013 when votes were cast before Tre ran for 300+ in SECCG, I thought they should not allow early votes until after Championship week. 

Archived