Kyler Murray should win the Heisman.

GwillMac6

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I am afraid a large number already voted early.  Ever since 2013 when votes were cast before Tre ran for 300+ in SECCG, I thought they should not allow early votes until after Championship week. 

They said only 10% had voted already this year. Though I bet most of those votes went to Tua.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tua and Murray are both great. Tua only issue is that contact throws him off a little. Id say a little soft. Id go murray 1 and tua 2nd..that last game left a mark. Haskins is good but not near those 2...majority of his passes during the season were screens and short passes

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

👀

So, I guess the pertinent question is how bad was his ass whipping after the game last night.

COME THROUGH VOTERS!!!!

On 12/1/2018 at 11:24 PM, DAG said:

I don’t think so. Kyler had an uphill battle from the get go. The fact that Alabama remained undefeated, only will help him. I don’t think they will hold the two interceptions against him although I think it will be much closer.

ESPN and Emmert will stuff the ballot box for Tagalokaloka.

I don't watch bammer at all, outside the IB, so I can offer no opinion on Tua.  However, I've seen a fair amount of OU & tOSU games and between Murray & Haskins, Murray is far & away more dynamic & fun to watch but Haskins IS tOSU Offense.

I'd say Murray is the better player but Haskins is his team's clear MVP.  Based on what I know about bammer, I'd guess Joe Schmo could QB them to a natty so I'd eliminate Tua just for that....well, and also I'd give bammer the SMU death penalty just for spite, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

So, question is simply....

Heisman = Best Player

or

Heisman = MVP

That's the question.

My pick?  Murray.  Dude was awesome!!

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't watch bammer at all, outside the IB, so I can offer no opinion on Tua.  However, I've seen a fair amount of OU & tOSU games and between Murray & Haskins, Murray is far & away more dynamic & fun to watch but Haskins IS tOSU Offense.

I'd say Murray is the better player but Haskins is his team's clear MVP.  Based on what I know about bammer, I'd guess Joe Schmo could QB them to a natty so I'd eliminate Tua just for that....well, and also I'd give bammer the SMU death penalty just for spite, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Heisman = Best Player

or

Heisman = MVP

That's the question.

I was sooooo confident that Murray would win the heisman. Then I saw Tua won the maxwell last night and I think Tua survived enough to hang on and he will win the heisman after all.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was sooooo confident that Murray would win the heisman. Then I saw Tua won the maxwell last night and I think Tua survived enough to hang on and he will win the heisman after all.

I'm sure you're right.

Ironically bammer has a defense and Tua didn't even have to be any good.  Murray HAD to be outstanding to make sure OU outscored everyone and, like I said, Haskins WAS tOSU Offense.

Oh well.  It's bammer's world right now and everybody else is just taking up space.

Looking forward to Army-Navy!  But I'll probably mute it as I'm sure Gary will talk up Tua's Heisman bid for half the game.

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Maxwell is a vote that was already turned in before tbe SECCG. I still think Kyler is the favorite. I kinda feel bad for Tua because I think he’s a good person and a better QB than Kyler, but if Kyler wins, I will find pleasure knowing that two weeks ago bama fans were already throwing out “what do the Auburn fans have left to brag about once Tua wins the Heisman.”

19 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Heisman = Best Player

or

Heisman = MVP

That's the question.

That's always the question and not sure even the voters agree.  Pretty sure it's not the "Best Player" because even one loss by a Heisman candidate and he is pretty much out of the race though Mayfield overcame that problem.  

And back in Cam's day some media wanted to put a "morality" clause or something in it to eliminate him.   Mostly it means whatever any particular voter wants it to mean and has become sort of a popularity contest with tinge of MVP attached as long as that MVP translates into wins. 

As Hurts showed, either Tua or Hurts  or maybe even Stidham could have QB'ed bama to an undefeated season...….which kinda takes the uniqueness off Tua in my view.   So that leaves Murray. 

And he did.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Awesome 😎 

Indeed 

22 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Murray won.  Nice!

14 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I hate this song with a burning hot passion, but it kinda applies to learning this.

Side note, it's crazy to think that in 2015, despite going 7-6, we beat TWO Heisman winners.

Just now, AUwent said:

I hate this song with a burning hot passion, but it kinda applies to learning this.

Yes!  I am thinking....what is WRONG with me that learning this news is the brightest ray of "non-Auburn" sunshine that has crossed my mind today?  I am beginning to feel like this guy...

Image result for inspector dreyfus insanity meme

Maybe “Lady Luck” has ran her course and the tide is a turning.(pun intended) 🤭. I can hope can’t I?

Archived