Herbstreit Pumping Uga

twilli13

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kirby isn't good enough to get them to the championship based on the stupidity i saw tonight. Their bot and recruits may be wondering if he's any better than average especially after Florida and Tennessee improve.

Very dumb call, the fake punt on 4th and long at near mid-field.

All the backup QB accomplished all night was putting Frhom in 2nd and long. To keep trying that was dumb I have to admit.

Still the bama DB's got away with molestation on the Georgia receivers  and the bama O didn't get called for holding all night. The officials gave bama the usual pass on penalties and that is not Kirby Smarts fault.

1 hour ago, creed said:

Kirby isn't good enough to get them to the championship based on the stupidity i saw tonight. Their bot and recruits may be wondering if he's any better than average especially after Florida and Tennessee improve.

They damn sure know he's better than Richt. UGA lost to Florida in Muschamp's last year in 2014 and then lost the next year to McElwain in his 1st year in 2015. As watered down as the East was, Richt couldn't get the job done. Kirby has dominated the East the last 2 years. He just can't beat Saban. He's a lot closer than any other coach is program wise.

This year and last year, Kirby's UGA teams have taken Alabama down to the wire. Yes we beat Bama last year but this year we got blown out 52-21.  LSU got blown out 29-0 on their own field this year. That's what I mean by program wise. Year after year having a program that can go toe to toe with Bama........ Kirby is doing that. No one else is.

Kirby is 3-1 against Gus...... But Gus is 2-4 against Saban.... YAY!!! Beating Bama is nice but Gus is also 2-4 against LSU and 3-3 against Miss. St. Our program should be a lot better than 3-3 against Miss. St but it's not.

Kirby has matched Gus's accomplishments in half the time, 3 years. 1 NC game appearance, 1 SEC Championship, and 2 SEC Championship game appearances.

The people defending our overpaid HC is laughable. But when all you expect is an occasional 10 win season with a win over Bammer mixed in every 3-4 years then I guess your content and willing to mock other programs who are much better than we are currently.

I'm sure you're just joking though creed, because no one can seriously make an argument about the direction of UGA's program. This was supposed to be UGA's down year. Losing Chubb, Michel, and a boat load of players on defense from last year. Yet there UGA was in the 4th quarter hanging with Alabama. The closest any other team has been all season was Miss. St, who got beat 24-0.

It was certainly a dumb call but i'd still take Kirby over Ritch. It sucks for UGA but at least they're in the position to consistently be in the playoffs. We can't say the same. People want to say Gus is still learning on the job as a HC after 6 years but it's Kirby's 3rd year and they've been to two SEC Championships. Again...wish we had those problems.  

UGA isn’t making it. The most controversial thing the committee could do at this point is bump OU over ND. 

Despite being the ONLY team to beat bama last year (#1 at the time), and uga (#1 at the time), did anyone make a case for Auburn in the playoffs last year? No (afaik), because we lost to LSU, and lost the SECCG. Our other loss was @ Clemson. 

Well, uga lost (BIG) to LSU this year, and lost the SECCG. Do results not matter?

6 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

They damn sure know he's better than Richt. UGA lost to Florida in Muschamp's last year in 2014 and then lost the next year to McElwain in his 1st year in 2015. As watered down as the East was, Richt couldn't get the job done. Kirby has dominated the East the last 2 years. He just can't beat Saban. He's a lot closer than any other coach is program wise.

This year and last year, Kirby's UGA teams have taken Alabama down to the wire. Yes we beat Bama last year but this year we got blown out 52-21.  LSU got blown out 29-0 on their own field this year. That's what I mean by program wise. Year after year having a program that can go toe to toe with Bama........ Kirby is doing that. No one else is.

Kirby is 3-1 against Gus...... But Gus is 2-4 against Saban.... YAY!!! Beating Bama is nice but Gus is also 2-4 against LSU and 3-3 against Miss. St. Our program should be a lot better than 3-3 against Miss. St but it's not.

Kirby has matched Gus's accomplishments in half the time, 3 years. 1 NC game appearance, 1 SEC Championship, and 2 SEC Championship game appearances.

The people defending our overpaid HC is laughable. But when all you expect is an occasional 10 win season with a win over Bammer mixed in every 3-4 years then I guess your content and willing to mock other programs who are much better than we are currently.

I'm sure you're just joking though creed, because no one can seriously make an argument about the direction of UGA's program. This was supposed to be UGA's down year. Losing Chubb, Michel, and a boat load of players on defense from last year. Yet there UGA was in the 4th quarter hanging with Alabama. The closest any other team has been all season was Miss. St, who got beat 24-0.

Kirby is doing well no doubt but doing it while UF and UT are in the duldrums. Richt or any reasonably good coach would have been equally effective in my opinion. Right now he's able to take advantage of this situation by recruiting lights out with aligned booster support and a fresh situation. But as the newness in the program fades, Florida/Tennessee become relevant again, and recruits see that he's not so bright,  I see a different long-term prospective. Also, a healthy Tua blows Georgia out by 3 - 4 tds.

1 hour ago, creed said:

Kirby is doing well no doubt but doing it while UF and UT are in the duldrums. Richt or any reasonably good coach would have been equally effective in my opinion. Right now he's able to take advantage of this situation by recruiting lights out with aligned booster support and a fresh situation. But as the newness in the program fades, Florida/Tennessee become relevant again, and recruits see that he's not so bright,  I see a different long-term prospective. Also, a healthy Tua blows Georgia out by 3 - 4 tds.

Agree......other than potential margin of victory but bama playing with two gimpy legged QBs was not at full strength for certain...worst passing performance by Tua that I've seen this year. .

KS is the only other conference team that can more or less match bama in talent and they made it interesting but as we showed last year, bama can be had by a team with less talent if the team makes few or no mistakes.    Last night...IMO....it was more than the fake punt issue and the officiating.    The last quarter of the game,  the dawgs just let the game get away....tried to sit on the lead, questionable play calling and some atrocious clock management and the missed FG too...all of which kept bama in the game and gave them time to score that last two TDs.......  Looked a lot like the end of the championship game last year..

7 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

It was certainly a dumb call but i'd still take Kirby over Ritch. It sucks for UGA but at least they're in the position to consistently be in the playoffs. We can't say the same. People want to say Gus is still learning on the job as a HC after 6 years but it's Kirby's 3rd year and they've been to two SEC Championships. Again...wish we had those problems.  

I like Kirby and what he is doing but let’s see if he maintains that once UF and UT get off the mat. He gets an easy pass in two rivalry games because they are in rebuilding mode. When he has faced teams with adequate talent and coaching he has been beaten (LSU/BAMA/AUBURN last season) As for Auburn all of our primary rivals are playing great football now and we are dwindling in the wind among too much uncertainty. So obviously the path is more difficult, but in no way an excuse.

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I like Kirby and what he is doing but let’s see if he maintains that once UF and UT get off the mat. He gets an easy pass in two rivalry games because they are in rebuilding mode. When he has faced teams with adequate talent and coaching he has been beaten (LSU/BAMA/AUBURN last season) As for Auburn all of our primary rivals are playing great football now and we are dwindling in the wind among too much uncertainty. So obviously the path is more difficult, but in no way an excuse.

He beat Oklahoma with a Heisman trophy winner or did we forget that? Beat a 10 win ND team in south bend with a true freshman starting his first game. And isn’t he like 3-1 against Auburn? Lol.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's a bad call.....but how can an Auburn fan be smug and talking trash? 

This . Uga belongs after what I saw . 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

He beat Oklahoma with a Heisman trophy winner or did we forget that? Beat a 10 win ND team in south bend with a true freshman starting his first game. And isn’t he like 3-1 against Auburn? Lol.

He killing it but it’s also at the expense of two of his big rivals being rebuilding. It’s a fair debate to wonder if he would be doing as well if UT and UF were not down a bit. And IMO that Oklahoma defense is what he beat. If the Sooners could ever stop anyone they would be completely lethal. 

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

He killing it but it’s also at the expense of two of his big rivals being rebuilding. It’s a fair debate to wonder if he would be doing as well if UT and UF were not down a bit. And IMO that Oklahoma defense is what he beat. If the Sooners could ever stop anyone they would be completely lethal. 

Could be your opinion , but reality is that was a playoff team with a great college QB. Don’t try to take away from the man. That’s hilarious. UT is down and whooped our asses but we out wondering if KS as good as his record shows. 

I believe UGA has 14 5 stars on their roster to the turds 12. I'd say KS is doing quite well. He can coach and he'll be back in the SECCG in years to come. I'd take him on my team.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Could be your opinion , but reality is that was a playoff team with a great college QB. Don’t try to take away from the man. That’s hilarious. UT is down and whooped our asses but we out wondering if KS as good as his record shows. 

I think u misunderstood - nobody is taking anything away from Kirby. But it’s a fact his big two rivals, hell you can even say three if you toss Auburn in there are not at their peak. Yes UT beat Auburn and UGA beat UT. Both Auburn and UT sucked this year. Oklahoma was a great college team with an outstanding QB but their defense was well not good at all, and still not good this season. 

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I think u misunderstood - nobody is taking anything away from Kirby. But it’s a fact his big two rivals, hell you can even say three if you toss Auburn in there are not at their peak. Yes UT beat Auburn and UGA beat UT. Both Auburn and UT sucked this year. Oklahoma was a great college team with an outstanding QB but their defense was well not good at all, and still not good this season. 

So he is doing what you should do. Beat the teams you are SUPPOSE to beat with the talent you have. FACTS Sign him up. 

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Arguing the merits of thUga & bammer on an Auburn message board...

tenor.gif

So this is how it ends...I was wondering what it would look like...

Archived