Herbstreit Pumping Uga

twilli13

I wouldn’t let Kirby coach my high school football team. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, creed said:

Kirby is doing well no doubt but doing it while UF and UT are in the duldrums. Richt or any reasonably good coach would have been equally effective in my opinion. Right now he's able to take advantage of this situation by recruiting lights out with aligned booster support and a fresh situation. But as the newness in the program fades, Florida/Tennessee become relevant again, and recruits see that he's not so bright,  I see a different long-term prospective. Also, a healthy Tua blows Georgia out by 3 - 4 tds.

There was a healthy Tua for three quarters and bama was behind by 14 points and 0 for third down.   Were we watching the same game?

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This . Uga belongs after what I saw . 

Kirby is a really good coach. Way better than what we have. But no, they dont deserve to be above a 1 loss Oklahoma team who avenged their only close loss of the season in their conference championship game just because they gave Bama a good game. Last years Oklahoma team and Uga had a great game that couldve gone either way. I see both teams being fairly comparable to what they were last year, with both being slightly not as good. Point is I think they would play close if they played again in a playoff game. Oklahoma deserves a shot. Uga had theirs and blew it. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

He killing it but it’s also at the expense of two of his big rivals being rebuilding. It’s a fair debate to wonder if he would be doing as well if UT and UF were not down a bit. And IMO that Oklahoma defense is what he beat. If the Sooners could ever stop anyone they would be completely lethal. 

We couldn't do that. We couldn't consistently beat LSU and uga when they were inconsistent and down.  We haven't recruited as well as he has immediately. Then half the time we get big name recruits they transfer because we're supposedly always so good they can't get on the field with our team.....all the other top teams seem to be able to play freshmen in their rotation though. Go figure

57 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I wouldn’t let Kirby coach my high school football team. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat before what we have right now. 

The most boneheaded play of the game for me was the first series that Hurts came into the game and it was 3rd and 12 and Kirby decided to only rush 3 and bama made a first down.    Then later went down and scored.  My opinion but you rush at least 5 and make Hurts make a quick decision on were to go with the ball.   He had all day to stand and finally find a receiver for a first down and settle into the game 

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

UGA isn’t making it. The most controversial thing the committee could do at this point is bump OU over ND. 

I think Herbie is stirring up the muck just to promote an 8 team playoff. An ESPN agenda.  JMO. 

27 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Kirby is a really good coach. Way better than what we have. But no, they dont deserve to be above a 1 loss Oklahoma team who avenged their only close loss of the season in their conference championship game just because they gave Bama a good game. Last years Oklahoma team and Uga had a great game that couldve gone either way. I see both teams being fairly comparable to what they were last year, with both being slightly not as good. Point is I think they would play close if they played again in a playoff game. Oklahoma deserves a shot. Uga had theirs and blew it. 

I didn’t realize their loss was Texas. Consider my mind changed . The Sooners are in . Thank you for the correction. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree......other than potential margin of victory but bama playing with two gimpy legged QBs was not at full strength for certain...worst passing performance by Tua that I've seen this year. .

KS is the only other conference team that can more or less match bama in talent and they made it interesting but as we showed last year, bama can be had by a team with less talent if the team makes few or no mistakes.    Last night...IMO....it was more than the fake punt issue and the officiating.    The last quarter of the game,  the dawgs just let the game get away....tried to sit on the lead, questionable play calling and some atrocious clock management and the missed FG too...all of which kept bama in the game and gave them time to score that last two TDs.......  Looked a lot like the end of the championship game last year..

UGA also had injuries on their OL  but they dont make excuses.   Kerryon last year was hurt for the SEC champ game.   Tua was hurt  so no excuses. Its SEC,  being hurt is part of the deal. 

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

There was a healthy Tua for three quarters and bama was behind by 14 points and 0 for third down.   Were we watching the same game?

I tuned in late but Tua wasn't healthy it was glaring.  Play selection, ability to move, ability to fire his passes.   Even my wife said to me later after the last Bama touchdown, when I said Tua is hurt at some point in the 2nd quarter, wonder if the game would have been close if Hurts came in earlier.

7 minutes ago, AURealist said:

uat

Clemson

ND

Oklahoma

UGA had to play vs #1 in a conference championship game.  ND has no game and skates into the playoff.   :gofig:

Yep, that’s what happens when you’re ND. Name alone gets you a lot. I really wish they would just force them to join a conference, the big 10 possibly, and move Nebraska back to the big 12.

I say that because, Nebraska in the big 10 has never felt right to me.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep, that’s what happens when you’re ND. Name alone gets you a lot. I really wish they would just force them to join a conference, the big 10 possibly, and move Nebraska back to the big 12.

They're quasi-ACC  for basketball.  B10 is a better fit geographically.  They can also take Missouri to even things out.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

We couldn't do that. We couldn't consistently beat LSU and uga when they were inconsistent and down.  We haven't recruited as well as he has immediately. Then half the time we get big name recruits they transfer because we're supposedly always so good they can't get on the field with our team.....all the other top teams seem to be able to play freshmen in their rotation though. Go figure

One of my biggest problems with Gus has been trusting his players and backups.. I think this is why he doesn’t allow the talented freshmen to play more and it bothers the hell outta me.. put the best on the field. 

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

One of my biggest problems with Gus has been trusting his players and backups.. I think this is why he doesn’t allow the talented freshmen to play more and it bothers the hell outta me.. put the best on the field. 

I honestly feel like the younger guys should get a lot of PT in the bowl game, especially at the QB position. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I honestly feel like the younger guys should get a lot of PT in the bowl game, especially at the QB position. 

I really want to see Gatewood. If Gus’ dream of Kelly Bryant doesn’t work out.. I see it being Gatewood or nix next year. 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

That's a good thought ...but better not lose the game because of that...:-\

Just now, AU64 said:

That's a good thought ...but better not lose the game because of that...:-\

Better than losing the game with your main starters which tends to happens. 

11 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I really want to see Gatewood. If Gus’ dream of Kelly Bryant doesn’t work out.. I see it being Gatewood or nix next year. 

Gatewood apparently has attitude problems 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Better than losing the game with your main starters which tends to happens. 

Can happen to anyone....but going into a game with less than your best?    :dunno:  

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Can happen to anyone....but going into a game with less than your best?    :dunno:  

Happens to us more often , no? Or are you going to disagree with that also? I am over seeing players goof around on the sideline. Let the future starters of this team or potential future starters give themselves a chance. This isn’t a New Years or prominent bowl game. What possibly can JS do in this game to improve his draft stock? If guys are planning on going into the NFL, let them get a few series in and allow the future to get reps. 

Archived