Music City Bowl vs. Purdue

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only reason I'm watching this game is to watch a true WOLF in action.  Jeff Brohm is going to be an incredible coach for a top tier program soon.

I hate that Auburn is no longer in that group.

Already bought my tickets and I will be there to see my Auburn Tigers dismantle the Boilermakers!

:wareagle:

I am a lurker to the message boards who signed up to get some information from those of you who have been to bowl games in the past.  I hope I am posting in the right place.

I am an Auburn graduate who has been telling my kids for years that I would take them to an Auburn game sometime, but we don't live in the south, and so I have not yet taken them.  It just so happens that we will be traveling through Nashville near the time of the bowl game this year, and so I am thinking of taking my family to the game, assuming I can get some reasonably priced tickets.

For those who have attended Auburn bowl games in the past, how much of an Auburn game day experience is there?  While I don't expect it to be the same as a home game at Jordan Hare, will my family be able to experience a tiger walk, lots of fans with shakers, pre-game and half time marching band, etc.  Or will it feel more like an away game in a pro stadium?  Basically, do you think its worth having my kids have their first in-person Auburn football experience at a bowl game like the Music City bowl, or should I wait until I take them to a game in Auburn.

1 hour ago, drn said:

I am a lurker to the message boards who signed up to get some information from those of you who have been to bowl games in the past.  I hope I am posting in the right place.

I am an Auburn graduate who has been telling my kids for years that I would take them to an Auburn game sometime, but we don't live in the south, and so I have not yet taken them.  It just so happens that we will be traveling through Nashville near the time of the bowl game this year, and so I am thinking of taking my family to the game, assuming I can get some reasonably priced tickets.

For those who have attended Auburn bowl games in the past, how much of an Auburn game day experience is there?  While I don't expect it to be the same as a home game at Jordan Hare, will my family be able to experience a tiger walk, lots of fans with shakers, pre-game and half time marching band, etc.  Or will it feel more like an away game in a pro stadium?  Basically, do you think its worth having my kids have their first in-person Auburn football experience at a bowl game like the Music City bowl, or should I wait until I take them to a game in Auburn.

The two bowl games I've been too were more about the sponsor.  Fun time overall, but not like being in Auburn for sure.

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:
2 hours ago, drn said:

The two bowl games I've been too were more about the sponsor.  Fun time overall, but not like being in Auburn for sure.

Agree with AUatHeart.

I've been to the '97 Peach Bowl against Clemson and '10 Outback Bowl against Northwestern ('09 season).

Both were great atmospheres in their own right but NOTHING like a being home at JHS.

If you have the chance to take them though, don't pass it up.  Bowl games are usually great experiences although admittedly, it's possible it'll feel like a Purdue home game as they're ecstatic with mediocre bowls since they don't have a great football history.  Auburn fans may be a little lackluster based on last year's bowl and the disappointing season... so take that into account.

On 12/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, augolf1716 said:

copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste ......................that's all your doing a4e get another gig

Golf, does this meet your approval for a4e?  He's on my "ignore"...

Image result for captain obvious

On 12/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, WVR said:

Yes, you are right. Just have to talk my wife into it. Maybe tell her we could go to the Opry Mills Mall on Saturday if we stay the night. This would probably cost me more than the tickets to the game.

If you go...park at Opry Mills in the back and walk through the pathway to the Opryland Hotel.  It's uber-decorated for Christmas and worth seeing, but don't pay to park in the OH parking lot.  It's one of my favorite Nashville things to do.  We may be there ourselves...bowl, possibly.   #birthcity

On 12/3/2018 at 9:03 AM, TigerFanAU said:

I'm headed there. Given the circumstances of this season, really fortunate to be able to take the wife to Nashville. 

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!  We have family in middle TN and we'll be there during the time frame.  Toying with it myself.  I could write a book on Nashville recommendations...my birth city!  🙂

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

Thank You ToraGirl!! I think we will do this. Appreciate the info.

Best match-up we could have hoped for... on the field audition for the upcoming opening... hopefully Greene can spend some quality time with Brohm and establish the foundation of a mutually- beneficial relationship... this is what I want for Christmas...

20 hours ago, drn said:

I agree with what the others have said. Yes, there will be a Tiger Walk. Yes, the band will perform at halftime and still play in the stands. The cheerleaders and Aubie will be there. However, it is not the full experience like Jordan-Hare, but honestly, I think it will still be worthwhile if this is your chance for your kids to experience anything Auburn. 

Congrats fans on a good season. I am a resident of Nashville and welcome all of you to our city for the Music City Bowl.  I own a large parking lot and have availability for OVERNIGHT RV PARKING or GAME DAY Parking.  Call me or email me for info. 

www.maineventparking.com

Randy@maineventparking.com

thanks Randy Bailey (615)636-1412

MUSIC CITY BOWL OVERNIGHT RV PARKING & GAME-DAY PARKING.   Main Event Parking 14 James Robertson Parkway, Nashville 37213.  10 minute walk to Nissan Stadium.  Tailgating allowed. Police security.  Gates open 8am.  No Departure Time $17.00 for regular vehicle on game day. $75 for RV overnight parking.  CALL FOR RESERVATIONS TODAY. (615)636-1412.  www.maineventparking.com

On 12/4/2018 at 2:41 PM, thrustmaxwell said:

Only reason I'm watching this game is to watch a true WOLF in action.  Jeff Brohm is going to be an incredible coach for a top tier program soon.

I hate that Auburn is no longer in that group.

You must be a real fan of auburn if the only reason you're watching our bowl game is to see the other team's coach. Fyi, some young men in auburn unis will also be out there busting their butts.

46 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

You must be a real fan of auburn if the only reason you're watching our bowl game is to see the other team's coach. Fyi, some young men in auburn unis will also be out there busting their butts.

Ah the ole "real fan" card. Nice. Truth is he loves Auburn, just not the incompetence at the helm.

I love Auburn and I dare you to tell me I don't. I gots the tattoo like radio, but the thing I'm most excited about is the seeing Brohm show people on here what to do with a superstar WR. A true freshman the size of worm who squats over 600LBs and is EXACTLY the game breaker Worm Shivers SHOULD be  

Stay tuned. I posted video of him making Ohio State look stupid on page 1

41 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Ah the ole "real fan" card. Nice. Truth is he loves Auburn, just not the incompetence at the helm.

I love Auburn and I dare you to tell me I don't. I gots the tattoo like radio, but the thing I'm most excited about is the seeing Brohm show people on here what to do with a superstar WR. A true freshman the size of worm who squats over 600LBs and is EXACTLY the game breaker Worm Shivers SHOULD be  

Stay tuned. I posted video of him making Ohio State look stupid on page 1

Ah the old I didnt really read the post being criticized response. Read his post again genius. The ONLY reason he's watching the music city bowl is to see jeff brohm. He's boycotting malzahn by boycotting auburn's players? 

On 12/4/2018 at 6:03 PM, AUsince72 said:

Agree with AUatHeart.

I've been to the '97 Peach Bowl against Clemson and '10 Outback Bowl against Northwestern ('09 season).

Both were great atmospheres in their own right but NOTHING like a being home at JHS.

If you have the chance to take them though, don't pass it up.  Bowl games are usually great experiences although admittedly, it's possible it'll feel like a Purdue home game as they're ecstatic with mediocre bowls since they don't have a great football history.  Auburn fans may be a little lackluster based on last year's bowl and the disappointing season... so take that into account.

I was at that ‘10 Outback bowl too- what a freakin game. I agree with the others that bowl game atmospheres really aren’t the same as an Auburn home game.

I’ll be in middle Tennessee around Christmas and am planning on getting some tickets. Where/when should I look for the best prices? Obviously I can go through AU tickets but didn’t know if anyone else had luck elsewhere. Also, Toragirl, any suggestions for food/anything fun to do for that morning and evening would be very much appreciated.

16 minutes ago, chimes said:

I was at that ‘10 Outback bowl too- what a freakin game. I agree with the others that bowl game atmospheres really aren’t the same as an Auburn home game.

I’ll be in middle Tennessee around Christmas and am planning on getting some tickets. Where/when should I look for the best prices? Obviously I can go through AU tickets but didn’t know if anyone else had luck elsewhere. Also, Toragirl, any suggestions for food/anything fun to do for that morning and evening would be very much appreciated.

I know right?!?!  I've lived an hour-1/2 South of Tampa for roughly 12 years and the one time I get Auburn nearby, it's a cold rain. I like the cold, but it took quite a bit of vodka to quit bitching about the rain....but we did finally 😉.  What a finish too!

Tora started a great thread about "what to do" in Nashville.  I'll try and link it below.

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/165381-toras-travel-guide-to-nashville-music-city-bowl-must-dos/

1 hour ago, chimes said:

I asked Tora and another Nashville local for an endorsement or disclaimer for Butchertown Hall, but did not receive one. I ate and drank there once and it was phenomenal. Texas style BBQ, TexMex apps and street food, grilled meats, great cocktails and a really well curated list of beers, with many of them being local and traditional German styles. And it's a really cool space. One of those places you could go for a fancy date night or for tacos and beers with the fellas. And Hattie B's was awesome but I hear they have quite the wait these days. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I asked Tora and another Nashville local for an endorsement or disclaimer for Butchertown Hall, but did not receive one. I ate and drank there once and it was phenomenal. Texas style BBQ, TexMex apps and street food, grilled meats, great cocktails and a really well curated list of beers, with many of them being local and traditional German styles. And it's a really cool space. One of those places you could go for a fancy date night or for tacos and beers with the fellas. And Hattie B's was awesome but I hear they have quite the wait these days. 

Man, that is right up my alley. Really appreciate it

2 minutes ago, chimes said:

Man, that is right up my alley. Really appreciate it

Enjoy your time in Nashville. I don't actually know the town well so weigh my jabberin' accordingly when taking in all the recs. 

Oh, Corsair Distillery... can't speak for the actual distillery experience or any of their other spirits, but their Triple Smoke- almost like a blend of bourbon and Islay malt scotch- is phenomenal. 

Archived