Music City Bowl vs. Purdue

tigerbrotha12

On 12/4/2018 at 3:09 PM, drn said:

I am a lurker to the message boards who signed up to get some information from those of you who have been to bowl games in the past.  I hope I am posting in the right place.

I am an Auburn graduate who has been telling my kids for years that I would take them to an Auburn game sometime, but we don't live in the south, and so I have not yet taken them.  It just so happens that we will be traveling through Nashville near the time of the bowl game this year, and so I am thinking of taking my family to the game, assuming I can get some reasonably priced tickets.

For those who have attended Auburn bowl games in the past, how much of an Auburn game day experience is there?  While I don't expect it to be the same as a home game at Jordan Hare, will my family be able to experience a tiger walk, lots of fans with shakers, pre-game and half time marching band, etc.  Or will it feel more like an away game in a pro stadium?  Basically, do you think its worth having my kids have their first in-person Auburn football experience at a bowl game like the Music City bowl, or should I wait until I take them to a game in Auburn.

Been to at least 10 different bowl games for either AU or Michigan State.  Absolutely wait for an AU gameday if you want them to have the "true" college experience.  The only bowl games I would make the exception for are the playoffs or National Title game.  Any other bowl game will feel pretty sterile in comparison.  Even a smaller level SEC game at home vs someone like Arkansas, Ole Miss, or MSU will have more electricity in the stadium that Nissan Stadium will.  Just the nature of the beast.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, drn said:

I am a lurker to the message boards who signed up to get some information from those of you who have been to bowl games in the past.  I hope I am posting in the right place.

I am an Auburn graduate who has been telling my kids for years that I would take them to an Auburn game sometime, but we don't live in the south, and so I have not yet taken them.  It just so happens that we will be traveling through Nashville near the time of the bowl game this year, and so I am thinking of taking my family to the game, assuming I can get some reasonably priced tickets.

For those who have attended Auburn bowl games in the past, how much of an Auburn game day experience is there?  While I don't expect it to be the same as a home game at Jordan Hare, will my family be able to experience a tiger walk, lots of fans with shakers, pre-game and half time marching band, etc.  Or will it feel more like an away game in a pro stadium?  Basically, do you think its worth having my kids have their first in-person Auburn football experience at a bowl game like the Music City bowl, or should I wait until I take them to a game in Auburn.

I have been to 5 bowl games and "financed" my son's attendance at 4  other bowl games while he was a student as well as the 2013 NC game after he graduated.

Since this is a lower tier bowl, probably won't be a lot of excitement from the Auburn fans and alumni, but if you are near Nashville, it would be worth the visit.

I am going to the Music City Bowl, but  thankful I get to sit in one of the sky boxes because it can get real cold in Nashville in late December.

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Been to at least 10 different bowl games for either AU or Michigan State.  Absolutely wait for an AU gameday if you want them to have the "true" college experience.  The only bowl games I would make the exception for are the playoffs or National Title game.  Any other bowl game will feel pretty sterile in comparison.  Even a smaller level SEC game at home vs someone like Arkansas, Ole Miss, or MSU will have more electricity in the stadium that Nissan Stadium will.  Just the nature of the beast.

Yep. Went to Pasadena when we faced FSU and it was definitely the best experience I ever had! Also the women from FSU...

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also the women from FSU...

I came within an eyelash of going to FSU.  A bunch of my friends were there and I spent several weekends with them to get the lay of the land at FSU.  

I don’t know how I was smart enough at that age to realize I would never graduate from college if I went there.  The party atmosphere at FSU made Auburn seem like a monastery!  Seriously. 

13 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I came within an eyelash of going to FSU.  A bunch of my friends were there and I spent several weekends with them to get the lay of the land at FSU.  

I don’t know how I was smart enough at that age to realize I would never graduate from college if I went there.  The party atmosphere at FSU made Auburn seem like a monastery!  Seriously. 

Lmao based on what I saw at Cali...I can only imagine my friend.

Good or bad...i'll be watching. I do think i'll be more intently watching than i initially thought i would be b/c i'm curious to see what Gus does now that he is back to being the play caller. Good or bad...that will be entertainment for me. 

On 12/11/2018 at 1:27 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Ah the old I didnt really read the post being criticized response. Read his post again genius. The ONLY reason he's watching the music city bowl is to see jeff brohm. He's boycotting malzahn by boycotting auburn's players? 

I know reading comprehension isn't everyone's strong suit. But I have to ask did you read the first sentence I wrote and stopped there? What in the world makes you think I didn't read his post with what mine said?

"I love Auburn and I dare you to tell me I don't. I gots the tattoo like radio, but the thing I'm most excited about is the seeing Brohm show people on here what to do with a superstar WR. A true freshman the size of worm who squats over 600LBs and is EXACTLY the game breaker Worm Shivers SHOULD be "

How could you of read my whole comment and say I didn't read his when I said something extremely similar?

Sure he said the "only reason he is watching" and I said "what I'm most excited about" and talked about Brohm... 

But SURE... I'M the one who didn't read a comment.

15 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Good or bad...i'll be watching. I do think i'll be more intently watching than i initially thought i would be b/c i'm curious to see what Gus does now that he is back to being the play caller. Good or bad...that will be entertainment for me. 

I'm going to miss it.  Game got scheduled the same day as my tee time at Sawgrass.  My option sounds more fun though.

Friday at lunch? The sun (if it shines) is only up 45 degrees,  the eyes can't adjust, bodies won't know what time of day it is, like jet-lag. You'll be able to hear people crunching their nachos at this one. There will not be an atmosphere. Cool city though.

56 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm going to miss it.  Game got scheduled the same day as my tee time at Sawgrass.  My option sounds more fun though.

Depends on how many balls you hit in the water at 17  :poke:

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Depends on how many balls you hit in the water at 17  :poke:

I could sink 100 of them and it would be less torture than AU football this year.

On 12/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, JMassie11 said:

Well I’ll take tickets for anyone that doesn’t want them 🤷‍♂️

Hmmmm.    I guess you are not willing to pay face value and buy your own.    Lots of Auburn fans in that boat this year. 

Nashville is full of Auburn fans.  The stadium SHOULD be packed with orange and blue.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:28 AM, aucanucktiger said:

You must be a real fan of auburn if the only reason you're watching our bowl game is to see the other team's coach. Fyi, some young men in auburn unis will also be out there busting their butts.

I'm a fan of well coached football, what can I say?  I hope I'm lucky enough to see our ArnjNBlew play like that again.

Archived