Georgia

NCTiger1982

I’m sure you guys heard the chant Georgia fans were yelling about Auburn during an ESPN session with Herb, Corso, Reece & Howard. Over the last 8  years or so Georgia fans have really ratcheted up their level classlessness.  I don’t get their entitlement mentality or understand their high opinion of themselves.  I can’t pull for bama, but was not real upset about bama beating them. On the recruiting front one more NC by bama ( should they win) does not make our HC’s job harder but GA winning an NC certainly would. I never thought I would hate a fan base as much as bama, but Georgia has closed a lot of that gap. I just don’t understand fan bases that can’t enjoy their own success and leave it at that. 

War Eagle !

3 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

I’m sure you guys heard the chant Georgia fans were yelling about Auburn during an ESPN session with Herb, Corso, Reece & Howard. Over the last 8  years or so Georgia fans have really ratcheted up their level classlessness. 

War Eagle !

Sorry missed the chant. What was it.  I agree with the rest.

Didn't see it, didn't care, but I can imagine.

Now you have an idea of why so many "Georgia Tigers" hate thUga worse than bammer.

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Didn't see it, didn't care, but I can imagine.

Now you have an idea of why so many "Georgia Tigers" hate thUga worse than bammer.

one right here.  They are absolutely terrible.  after our win last year the radio host were talking about how its commonly known that we cheat.   Im in Atlanta fyi

5 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

one right here.  They are absolutely terrible.  after our win last year the radio host were talking about how its commonly known that we cheat.   Im in Atlanta fyi

We can't even cheat good. ☹️

Thats why I was confused why people wanted Alabama to lose...Georgia is a bigger problem and a worse fanbase (mainly because of delusion) 

If UGA is on the same level as UA instead of being a step behind, then we're done tbh 

No worries, after the newness of Kirby wears off along with the restoration if Florida and Tennessee the stupidity of Smart will be magnified. If recruits and their bot are smart they're already wondering about his ability to be a head coach.

22 hours ago, auskip07 said:

UGA’s radio announcers are the worst in sports.

They try to emulate Larry Munson, who was hands-down, the worst play by play announcer in the history of sports broadcast media.

True story. While at AU in the mid 1980s, one fall open weekend I drove down to Troy to visit a high-school classmate and go to the Troy game. The local AU radio affiliate was broadcasting the "SEC Game of the Week" in lieu of the AU game. That game happened to be the UGA game. I caught the end of it, and I seriously thought they had pulled some drunken fan into the booth to call the plays as a punk. It was late in the game against a no-name opponent, and UGA was just running out the clock.

"We get the ball, we give the ball to our guy, he runs ahead, we line up, we give it to one of our guys, he runs with it."

This went on for about 10 minutes, while the color commentator kept laughing. I seriously thought it was a joke. It was Munson. It was the first time I ever heard Munson. You could not listen to him and have any idea of what in God's name was happening on the field. He had no capability of describing what was happening on the field. You literally could have swapped Munson out for a drunken fan and heard no difference.

What drives me crazy (living in the ATL) is when you turn on an UGA game today, what do you hear from the play by play announcer?

"We get the ball, we give the ball to our guy, he runs ahead, we line up, we give it to one of our guys, he runs with it."

YGBFSM. Somebody needs an intervention with these clowns: "Munson was awful. The worst play by play announcer ever. Don't be like Munson. You will forever suck if you act like Munson."

I'm sure the UGA announcers would shriek like a five year old girl who saw a snake, curl up in a fetal position, start sucking their thumbs, while screaming "Blasphemy!". But the truth is the truth.

14 hours ago, NCTiger1982 said:

I’m sure you guys heard the chant Georgia fans were yelling about Auburn during an ESPN session with Herb, Corso, Reece & Howard. Over the last 8  years or so Georgia fans have really ratcheted up their level classlessness.  I don’t get their entitlement mentality or understand their high opinion of themselves.  I can’t pull for bama, but was not real upset about bama beating them. On the recruiting front one more NC by bama ( should they win) does not make our HC’s job harder but GA winning an NC certainly would. I never thought I would hate a fan base as much as bama, but Georgia has closed a lot of that gap. I just don’t understand fan bases that can’t enjoy their own success and leave it at that. 

War Eagle !

The last 8 years?  When I was attending Auburn in the early 80's the Georgia fans were by far, hands down the worst visitors at Auburn...

Georgia has always been supported by idiots , never got the friendly brotherly rivalry 💩 Coach Dye used to talk about, I hate them as much as the Updykes and I’m happy as heck they didn’t accomplish 💩 this season 😂

on another site guys jawja and turd fans were holding hands AND chanting auburn sux. unless the guy reporting it was flamming why give the turds a pass?

21 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

on another site guys jawja and turd fans were holding hands AND chanting auburn sux. unless the guy reporting it was flamming why give the turds a pass?

I know Auburn LSU fans did similar things about uat.

15 hours ago, rexbo said:

The last 8 years?  When I was attending Auburn in the early 80's the Georgia fans were by far, hands down the worst visitors at Auburn...

Those heathen fans ripping up the turf was enough to convince me.  They whine to this day about being hosed down.   Almost as much as much as Nick fairley’s sacks. 

5ACA1A86-4207-4F7B-AD58-D5971AB05140.jpeg

Told this story before but it's always enjoyable to share in a thUga thread.

Last game I attended in Athens was during (I think) '97.  It was the game where D Craig hit Karston Bailey for an 80 yd TD to stick the dagger in the mutts.

Anyway we were in the Auburn section but in the area mixed with dawg fans.  Rudest SOB'S ever.  Making comments about me taking up too much space (yeah, I'm a big dude but was only pushing 220 at the time, which was my football playing weight). Nevermind his wife was probably pushing 3 bills...jeez.

But the kicker was the fight we witnessed heading to the concession stand.  One guy was literally trying to kill the other by pushing him over the side of the stadium.  They were BOTH mutts!!!  Matter of fact, it was a couple Auburn fans stepping in to stop it...no, I was not one of them, I'm ashamed to admit.  I'd already had enough.

Leghumpers suck.

I laughed my azz off when Coach Bowlcut attempted the worst & most ill-advised fake punt in cfb history which led to them losing(!)  Keep reminding the mutt fans of that one because that will sting for a long time. 

On 12/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Thats why I was confused why people wanted Alabama to lose...Georgia is a bigger problem and a worse fanbase (mainly because of delusion) 

If UGA is on the same level as UA instead of being a step behind, then we're done tbh 

It's a good thing Bama won.  
They would have backed in to the Playoff had they lost anyway.

Now we don't have both in the playoff again.

Moved to Atlanta in 2006. By the time I left last year, I had no reservations about hating uga fans more than bama fans. Obviously proximity had a lot to do with it, but the way they whine is so offputting to me. I've really never seen anything like it. Just shameless whining. It's hard to articulate without sounding like I give the bammers credit, but at least they kill trees or just cheat harder or whatever. Human garbage, for sure, but they're not nearly as whiny as uga fans.

And another thing. I have no problem admitting that bama graduates that I know tend to be more or less normal people. It really is their dirt road alumni- I don't discriminate based on whether or not somebody went to a particular school, but am instead talking about the true updykes that would've gladly picked Auburn if we'd won all the hardware- who drag the fanbase down. With uga, their alumni are worse than the dirt road types. 

I really do hate them and was very happy not only that they lost the other night, but that they lost in that fashion. Actually, that's the one benefit to the ways that Atlanta pro teams tend to rip our hearts out. Their ripping out uga fans' hearts, too. Ahhh, their sweet, sweet tears. 

Haha!  I agree Loof - the dawgs got their hearts ripped out at the last minute and there was nothing they could do.  Soul crushing two years straight!😋

I've lived in Georgia for 25+ years and will always root for Bama if they play UGA.  Majority of the UGA fans I know have no affiliation to the school other than residing in the same state.  They're all bandwagon fans and come out of hiding when they're winning.  If I tried to discuss football with them during some of the Marc Richt years they'd all have the similar response of "Who cares, we suck, I don't watch them anymore."

The excuses for them to get into the playoffs after losing to Bama were pitiful.  My favorite was "Well we played them the hardest so we should get in."

25 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

"Well we played them the hardest so we should get in."

Their entire mentality and ethos as a fanbase in a nutshell. 

Also, I guarantee you that even most of their more knowledgeable fans firmly believe that the uptick in recruiting under Bowl Cut is a function of him just being a really charismatic, can-do kind of guy. Because uga would never stoop so low as to operate outside the lines. 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Their entire mentality and ethos as a fanbase in a nutshell. 

Also, I guarantee you that even most of their more knowledgeable fans firmly believe that the uptick in recruiting under Bowl Cut is a function of him just being a really charismatic, can-do kind of guy. Because uga would never stoop so low as to operate outside the lines. 

Woke up last Saturday Morning to a group text (told them please exclude me next time) of a video of Kirby giving a pump up/motivational speech to his players.  Replies were "Hes my man crush!" "God I love him!" "Hes gonna take us to the ship!".

So yeah, you're spot on.  

EDIT: Also, they blamed the fake punt failure on the players and said it was a good call by Kirby.

• WarTiger changed the title to Georgia

Archived