Gus wins (Decison made)

ToomersStreet

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I remember after Gus' first year here Tuberville commented on the season. He said GM will do well if they will leave him alone. Still not sure who they is and what they do to hinder the coach.

Whatever you say Kristy!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Whatever you say Kristy!

23 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Whatever you say Kristy!

Makes no sense Luther. 

33 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

did not we come close to losing to Jax St a few years ago? jeepers!

Yep, in a follow up post I mentioned that game as well as Mercer.  

I think we'd all be pretty satisfied with 50/50 against the main 2 over the years (or 3 if you count LSU) .

But Auburn should beat most everyone else they play most years outside of the occasional top notch OOC opponent.  3 losses should be the most any year, with 4 being a bad year....yet some on this board thought last year (4 losses) was "awesome" since they did beat thUga and bammer.  Nevermind, Auburn gave the thUga win right back to them and embarrassed themselves against UCF (again a team Auburn University should NEVER lose to).

Anyway...  On to '19...er uh...'20, I guess.

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I remember after Gus' first year here Tuberville commented on the season. He said GM will do well if they will leave him alone. Still not sure who they is and what they do to hinder the coach.

I know Tommy. Let’s just take everything he says with a grain of salt. 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Yep, in a follow up post I mentioned that game as well as Mercer.  

I think we'd all be pretty satisfied with 50/50 against the main 2 over the years (or 3 if you count LSU) .

But Auburn should beat most everyone else they play most years outside of the occasional top notch OOC opponent.  3 losses should be the most any year, with 4 being a bad year....yet some on this board thought last year (4 losses) was "awesome" since they did beat thUga and bammer.  Nevermind, Auburn gave the thUga win right back to them and embarrassed themselves against UCF (again a team Auburn University should NEVER lose too).

Anyway...  On to '19...er uh...'20, I guess.

I’m of the mind that we should never lose to either of the Mississippi schools, Arky, or anyone from the East (other than UGA). EVER. We also shouldn’t be an automatic win for our two biggest rivals. 

Just now, AuburnSoldier said:

I’m of the mind that we should never lose to either of the Mississippi schools, Arky, or anyone from the East (other than UGA). EVER. We also shouldn’t be an automatic win for our two biggest rivals. 

No argument here.

Only caveat is that UT & UF have been be really good in the past & may be on the upswing again.  Used to be some of the better rivals back in the 80's thru early 2000's.  Lately not so much (& certainly should have been able to destroy UT this year).  But AU only plays them every 4-5 years now.

Bolded part is SO IMPORTANT!  Correct, EVERYBODY that Auburn plays should come out of the game saying how beat up they are and what a battle it was, win or lose.

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't think bammer is really much of an issue for most.  I've actually been proud of most of Gus' showings (even the losses) vs bammer (except this year).

The issue is the MSU, LSU & thUga games...plus throw in the bizarro Clemson games and U of freaking T this year.  It's the ineptitude in games (or halves) of games AU should be winning that are the real problems.

Exactly. Aside from this year, you could have his same results against Bama, and we would be just fine with him if he didn't have the following inexcusable losses (notice that I don't even include 2015):

2014 A&M

2014 Wisconsin

2016 Georgia

2017 LSU

2018 LSU

2018 MSU

2018 Tennessee

12-2 in 2013, 10-3 in 2014, 7-6 in 2015, 9-4 in 2016, 11-3 in 2017 (probably make the playoffs), 10-2 this year. I don't think there'd be many fans complaining about these results, even if you keep 2015 as is.

44 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Exactly. Aside from this year, you could have his same results against Bama, and we would be just fine with him if he didn't have the following inexcusable losses (notice that I don't even include 2015):

2014 A&M

2014 Wisconsin

2016 Georgia

2017 LSU

2018 LSU

2018 MSU

2018 Tennessee

12-2 in 2013, 10-3 in 2014, 7-6 in 2015, 9-4 in 2016, 11-3 in 2017 (probably make the playoffs), 10-2 this year. I don't think there'd be many fans complaining about these results, even if you keep 2015 as is.

100% agree. The way I look at Auburn, in a 5 yr span is, 2 years 9-10 wins easy, 2 years 10-12 wins, with the one 7-8 season at worst. That’s what I expect of auburn. 2000-2008 we won 8 or less 3 times in 9 seasons, 33%. From 2013-2018, we won 8 or less 4 times in 6 seasons. 67%

13 hours ago, alexava said:

Let me get this straight......All you people saying this money was there or paying it is not the problem.... You blame Harbert for wanting to keep Gus? Are you also saying Harbert is the same person who owns this money we say wasn’t a problem? 

Undoubtedly your not very knowing of AU football. They have the money to do it without boosters. RH is also not the only booster that has money. Yes the money was there without Harbert. Harbert persuaded Leath to keep him last year then this year persuaded him to try and talk Gus down in terms so it doesn’t look so bad on him. Gus knows who to cuddle with so he got to Harbert early . Leath should have handled it without Harberts intrusion.

15 hours ago, alexava said:

I bet Tub was referring to situations just like the one we are in now where you have people like Leath making decisions. 

Archived