Gus wins (Decison made)

ToomersStreet

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The football complex is a pipe dream now. Same with JHS. 

So much for keeping Gus so that we could do upgrades lol

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Time to move forward. 

Can’t until we have a new head coach which looks to be after the 2019 season at the earliest.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

...to basketball.

I envy the people here who seem to think this isn't a big deal. We've wasted so much time with Gus already and it's not going to get any better. Now we're going to continue falling behind in facilities. Which will cascade down to recruiting. This is really not good. 

28 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

after a 58 year year consecutive game streak, I am done also...the streak will end with the bowl game....this is so sad but i won't let it affect my life in last few years of my life

Holy cow, that’s a heck of a run. I’m sorry it’s ending because of this, but hopefully in the not so distant  future we’ll have a good reason for you to start a new streak.

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

...to basketball.

As well as baseball, and heck, even the women’s basketball team might be decent this year.

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Well only a few things we can do at this point to salvage the future of Auburn football. A lot of it focuses on facilities being improved.

• Football only Facility (FoF) needs to have been built yesterday. We're behind on the facilities arms race by quite a bit. It's ridiculous how we've pussyfooted around with this project for what feels like several years. The locker room was underwhelming and the FoF needs to be stellar. Don't let Gus get involved with the design please. Just don't. Give him back his $2 million if you have to do so. 
  • Jordan-Hare Stadium - Brick the daggum thing in like we all know would work out well. Have people donate and get their names on the brick if you have to do so for fundraising. I'd buy a brick and I'm sure many others would as well. There are other improvements that have been discussed ad nauseum. Personally, I wouldn't mind increasing the space for each guest and lowering the total number of seats. Would also be fine with adding more to the upper section, increasing room (maybe individual chairs with backs), and keep the number close to the same. We need a jumbotron opposite of the Aubietron and it doesn't have to be that big. Close in the backside of the Aubietron please.
  •  We have to fill needs better in recruiting. We have had highly rated classes but we haven't always filled positions of need. Ideally we'll still manage decent recruiting classes for whoever our next coach might be after this nightmare is over.
  • Trim the fat in the athletic department.

I'm at the point where I hope Kelly Bryant doesn't come here because I don't want a fluke transfer season to bail out Gus for even longer.

we're getting lapped by tier 2 teams in the SEC at this point in terms of "flashy" tings. Clemson just embarrassed us earlier this year. I know space will always be an issue in Auburn but money certainly shouldnt be 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

So much for keeping Gus so that we could do upgrades lol

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Harbert is tied into the entire campus but damn, Leath is gonna die on the sword for this one if we dont make massive offensive changes

This true..but as said in the next post..time to move on. First and foremost I believe that after the “current dust settles”, we as grads and fans can genuinely “push” for needed upgrades and make them happen. It may not happen in my lifetime, but I am hopeful. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I envy the people here who seem to think this isn't a big deal. We've wasted so much time with Gus already and it's not going to get any better. Now we're going to continue falling behind in facilities. Which will cascade down to recruiting. This is really not good. 

Yep. It must be nice to have your program as a laughing stock in CFB, due to your coaching and administration, and not care about it. Lol

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Can’t until we have a new head coach which looks to be after the 29th season at the earliest.

So should we all just do something else next fall...and check back in 2020?

8 SEC teams ended the season ranked. The most of any conference, and we ain't one of them. Let that sit for a spell. One more season of double bubble will set this program back so far it may take a decade of wise decisions to dig out of it. 

Seems like Gus isn't the only winner since Leath and Harbert wanted to keep him. They obviously won too. So status quo for us and incredibly poor leadership for the university. Since this was what these two wanted all along then they should have manned up when the rumors started flying and nipped it in the bud. It's not hard to support the players at all but beyond that it's a bitter pill to swallow. I used to really look forward to every game. Lately it's been harder to do that when you already know what's coming before kickoff against the big boys of the SEC. I miss not being one of them on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

So should we all just do something else next fall...and check back in 2020?

That’s what some of the Fanbase is going to do anyway. Apathy is a program killer and that’s what Gus is bringing right now.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

That’s what some of the Fanbase is going to do anyway. Apathy is a program killer and that’s what Gus is bringing right now.

I wasn't this sick about Auburn Football in 2012

Will we still have the same offensive Coaches  next year? Will Gus continue  to call the plays? 

Who will Coach Bo Nix if he still comes?

Any  guesses how this effects our recruiting? 

One good thing I had rather be in Music City Bowl  if that's all that comes out of all this.   It's all Leafs to own whatever happens!

So if Auburn is gonna suck next year (since Gus will still be here) We will have a new coach maybe for 2020 It will take a minimum of 2-3 years for him to repair the damage to the program left by Gus. So I’m being serious when do you guys anticipate Auburn being relevant on the championship stage again? 

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Time to move forward. 

To an undefeated national championship season and Gus’s story of redemption.  JABA

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As well as baseball, and heck, even the women’s basketball team might be decent this year.

Golf tied for 3rd NCAA last year.......................

Yeah I have a feeling Auburn football is done for a while. We may as well have just been put on probation. I guarantee you Ole Miss will be in a position to compete with us in 2 years. What a stupid stupid stupid decision. Auburn just doesn't have the it factor that it takes to make itself into a top 10 program. We get close, but we manage to shoot ourselves in the foot, when things start to look up. 

Also.....did the deal to tie his hands behind his back with logistics go through? Because if so, it's going to be worse than bad.

Archived