Gus wins (Decison made)

ToomersStreet

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can’t until we have a new head coach which looks to be after the 2019 season at the earliest.

I can. I’ve loved AU football all my life. Been through the valley of losing 9 in a row to the Tide, through undefeated seasons,  3 win seasons, and title seasons. I hate what’s happened and continues to happen to our program in terms of these negative cycles, but I will be at the Music City Bowl cheering for and loving my Tigers. Some will choose not to, and I get that. It is what it is for now, and the foreseeable future. 

12 minutes ago, au701948 said:

This true..but as said in the next post..time to move on. First and foremost I believe that after the “current dust settles”, we as grads and fans can genuinely “push” for needed upgrades and make them happen. It may not happen in my lifetime, but I am hopeful. 

Ive had enough of passing the buck and hoping Auburn has changes in the future, Im still gonna watch the team but I cant give the athletics any more money lol 

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

To an undefeated national championship season and Gus’s story of redemption.  JABA

This is no time for optimism. What wrong with you?  :poke:

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

I can. I’ve loved AU football all my life. Been through the valley of losing 9 in a row to the Tide, through undefeated seasons,  3 win seasons, and title seasons. I hate what’s happened and continues to happen to our program in terms of these negative cycles, but I will be at the Music City Bowl cheering for and loving my Tigers. Some will choose not to, and I get that. It is what it is for now, and the foreseeable future. 

Most of us, will root for Auburn to win every game, root for the players, and root for the best for auburn. But between our administration and our coach, we have major problems

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Most of us, will root for Auburn to win every game, root for the players, and root for the best for auburn. But between our administration and our coach, we have major problems

I'll still root for the players but with Gus at the helm, I'll continue to do what I've been doing...not bothering to watch the games.

Just now, selias said:

I'll still root for the players but with Gus at the helm, I'll continue to do what I've been doing...not bothering to watch the games.

I still watch the games, it’s in my blood. I root for the players first and foremost, they deserve more than what they are getting, and regardless of the coach, I will still be In their corner

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

We certainly do, and have had for some time. The leadership, or lack thereof, at AU is astounding. I’ve lived in Knoxville the past 15 years, so I have seen up close and personal what we are about to got though. And it ain’t pretty. But AU is built on puppets and a puppet master or two who hides behind a magical curtain taking us into a black hole. Sad.

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ive had enough of passing the buck and hoping Auburn has changes in the future, Im still gonna watch the team but I cant give the athletics any more money lol 

I feel the same way. Pay a lot of money for season tixs, traveling, places to stay... I love Auburn University. I love watching football and want us to be the absolute best we can. I am just tired of hoping and wishing. I will still watch my team play and cheer hard for the boys but damn these idiots running the show make it sooo hard. 

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I feel the same way. Pay a lot of money for season tixs, traveling, places to stay... I love Auburn University. I love watching football and want us to be the absolute best we can. I am just tired of hoping and wishing. I will still watch my team play and cheer hard for the boys but damn these idiots running the show make it sooo hard. 

We had seasons tickets since 2002, gave them up after last season

No offense to any individual poster but the hopeless out look for Auburn football portrayed in these threads is like a pity party. I am glad there are young men still here that want to play for Auburn. Don't worry about the mule being blind. Just load the wagon and shake the line. Hard to be on the same team when part of the fan team has written the next season off a year in advance. Zoloft and PBR to the rest.

In other news, Wisconsinites finally fired their coach in Green Bay. As it should be when you underachieve .

3 minutes ago, ausburn said:

No offense to any individual poster but the hopeless out look for Auburn football portrayed in these threads is like a pity party. I am glad there are young men still here that want to play for Auburn. Don't worry about the mule being blind. Just load the wagon and shake the line. Hard to be on the same team when part of the fan team has written the next season off a year in advance. Zoloft and PBR to the rest.

Ya know; some of us can be pissed off at the coach and administration and still root for the players. I know I do! I hope AU goes 15-0 next year, players deserve that success. However, our coach and administration are an absolute joke 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

In other news, Wisconsinites finally fired their coach in Green Bay. As it should be when you underachieve .

Bengals need to get on that bus. Marvin Lewis has underachieved in 15 out of 15 seasons. Not even a single playoff win.

2 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Bengals need to get on that bus. Marvin Lewis has underachieved in 15 out of 15 seasons. Not even a single playoff win.

Marvin Lewis has dirt on the owner lol . That has to be the only rational reason.

8 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Thats good,  maybe in a decade ill be able to afford natty tickets. 

They will be good within the first Two years of a new coach. They will then sign him to a long term contract before being ready to fire him. It is the Auburn way! See Bowden, Chizik and Gus for your history lesson.

41 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I envy the people here who seem to think this isn't a big deal. We've wasted so much time with Gus already and it's not going to get any better. Now we're going to continue falling behind in facilities. Which will cascade down to recruiting. This is really not good. 

Oh, potentially,  it's a very big deal for the Auburn Football program.  Worst case scenario is a much bigger deal than anyone yet realizes.  The folks responsible for the current state of Auburn football are going to distance themselves from the mess they've created which means they're not going to do anything to repair the damage.  The people with power aren't going to make changes and the people with money aren't going to trust them with any more funding.  The program is going to dry up.  We're headed for our own personal 40 years in the desert.  Think Miami Hurricanes.  We do have a huge TV in JHS, though, so it's not a total loss.

As fans, it's time to distance ourselves from our situation - to claim nobody could have seen this coming and to assassinate the characters of anyone who did.  Feel free to use the JJ at QB scenario as a template.

I'm personally treating Gus' extended contract and the resultant mess as if my wife had gambled away our retirement money.  Hard times ahead; suffer through it or die.  

I make light of it all because I'm absolutely powerless to change the situation.  The absurdity is overwhelming and there's nothing for it, but to laugh.

Archived