Get On Board

War to the Eagle

I'm sick and tired of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I wanted to ride a roller coaster I’d go to Six Flags.

I will support my brothers on the field but the HC has lost my backing. He’s on his own. 

16 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

...of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

Feel better??

Well one things for sure. Nobody cares if your sick of the negativity on this board. That's what a discussion forum is all about. As far as getting on board or get out, I'm already out. I've been out and I'll not spend another dime of my hard earned money to support Gus. Call it what you will. Not gonna affect me one way or another. Reading through your little rant just shows you don't have a clue about what people are upset over and what alot of folks see that are the things that lead to the deficiency of this guy's coaching. I'll watch the games from the comfort of my home and hope the kids do well, but I will not be given ultimatums by an over emotional grown man or woman about my fandom. Have a great holiday season. 

I mostly agree with the OP.  Let's see what Gus can do with an excellent returning young core, an improving O-line, and Kelly Bryant (hopefully).  We've got some freshmen that may have an early positive impact as well.

With Siposs and a hopefully improved Anders Carlson, our kicking game could be very good.

OK, I'm bracing for my beatings...

Wish Jacobs, Leaf, Gus and Chip paid on Merit Performance  System. Auburn would be in great shape money wise!

Hopefully things don't get worse.  War Eagle  forever 

18 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Mods choose to delete items for a variety of reasons. 

So you're alter ego is a mod.... Gotcha. 😉😁😂

:poke:

Just now, AUsince72 said:

So you're alter ego is a mod.... Gotcha. 😉😁😂

:poke:

Great post.  So funny.  Your sense of humor is off the charts!!! 😁

34 minutes ago, mayor4522 said:

Wish Jacobs, Leaf, Gus and Chip paid on Merit Performance  System. Auburn would be in great shape money wise!

Hopefully things don't get worse.  War Eagle  forever 

I 2nd that!

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

🤔😂🤮

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

War Eagle. 

excuses.png

This. There are some chicken littles that need to find another hobby or just stop posting. It’s not the end of the world.

War Eagle. 

Yay! Gus is great. LOL

War Eagle. 

Don't be so pious. Football is a competitive sport. Poor performance SHOULD be critiqued. 

If Gus wasn’t the $7mil man, his failures would be easier to deal with. Leath made AU look silly giving him a huge buyout and salary like he did. 

I'm still hoping his wrecks his motorcycle with an intern on the back or has a school phone with hookers being called or maybe he will will get amnesia and forget where the facilities are or will understand we hate him or will have a spark of enlightenment and realize is was never qualified and shoukdnt have been hired at all and will quit. 

And maybe people like OP will stop the autistic screeching. 

But none if this will happen and life goes on. 

Archived