Get On Board

War to the Eagle

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Great post! Love Jason so have to give more than an emoji! Have seen live a few times- lucky enough to score second row seats at Ryman Auditorium last fall. Very talented guy with great band- Amanda, the violin player, is his wife. “Southeastern” and “Something More Than Free” two great solos but anything with 400 Unit is good. Love to see the local boy make good, him being from the Muscle Shoals area. 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Here's the deal:

One can love auburn/team and also be absolutely fed up with this head coach. The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

Also, separate Gus--the guy who donates money and really loves his job--from the job to win games. Gus is a great Auburn man, just not a great Auburn coach, IMO.

This isn't even to compare ourselves to other programs as much as it is to say that we have to be able to beat the teams we should. 

War Eagle always.

giphy.gif

PS...Freeze is next OC.

je-eerste-keer-1.gif

I know what you mean. I had a whole 24-48 hours where I was legitimately led to believe that Gus was Leaving for another program...so TIFWIW. 

Which school? 🤔

This is my favorite part about this forum.

Omg we need to upgrade our facilities to keep up... followed by: Nobody go to the games! Boycott. I'm cancelling my tickets.

Omg we need to recruit more linemen.... followed by: Tell all the recruits to not come here, we will kill them with our staff, go somewhere else if you want to play.

We need to get KB....followed by: Go somewhere else KB cause Gus will ruin you, but even more so he might be successful with you and win. So don't come here.

I think some of you actually are BOTs here.

And also don't you know..... everytime you makes those statements a Tiger Paws gains 5lbs and gets a wrinkle... c'mon guys. Don't quit on the Tiger Paws.

4 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

This is my favorite part about this forum.

Omg we need to upgrade our facilities to keep up... followed by: Nobody go to the games! Boycott. I'm cancelling my tickets.

Omg we need to recruit more linemen.... followed by: Tell all the recruits to not come here, we will kill them with our staff, go somewhere else if you want to play.

We need to get KB....followed by: Go somewhere else KB cause Gus will ruin you, but even more so he might be successful with you and win. So don't come here.

I think some of you actually are BOTs here.

And also don't you know..... everytime you makes those statements a Tiger Paws gains 5lbs and gets a wrinkle... c'mon guys. Don't quit on the Tiger Paws.

So diversity in opinions is your favorite part in discussion forum ? Sounds like AUF is doing a great job then 

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I love you as my AU brother @passthebiscuits but if Freeze is not the next OC

I truly believe you will have a much improved (but not perfected) outlook in the next 24 hours...

If im wrong then I will need to find a new forum handle! 😂

Disclaimer for others: I've been right before--and things have changed before very quickly and I've been wrong. Either way don't forget to tune into the Days of Our Auburn drama.

So.....These are the days of our lives. I am in so pass the biscuits.  Where you the one who ate all the homemade biscuits at breakfast?  If ptb stands for worse don't need to ☺️☺️know. Thanks for your input.

29 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I truly believe you will have a much improved (but not perfected) outlook in the next 24 hours...

Disclaimer for others: I've been right before--and things have changed before very quickly and I've been wrong. Either way don't forget to tune into the Days of Our Auburn drama.

I am hoping for HF as OC and KB as QB by tomorrow evening.

I would also be fine with KB as OC and KT as QB.  Beggers can't be choosers.  Give me any combination of the 4 and let's get ready for the bowl game and close out recruiting.

On 12/2/2018 at 4:52 PM, War to the Eagle said:

I'm sick and tired of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

No.

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Great post! Love Jason so have to give more than an emoji! Have seen live a few times- lucky enough to score second row seats at Ryman Auditorium last fall. Very talented guy with great band- Amanda, the violin player, is his wife. “Southeastern” and “Something More Than Free” two great solos but anything with 400 Unit is good. Love to see the local boy make good, him being from the Muscle Shoals area. 

i got every cd he has but live b.ham and the live ep with into the mystic. i saw him in huntsville a couple of years ago with john prine but they had a bad pa sound and i still hope to see again cus his band is smkon. go to youtube and watch their version of one way out. he can make damn near any song he covers sound awesome and that is a gift.

12 hours ago, roe4christ said:

I would also be fine with KB as OC and KT as QB.  Beggers can't be choosers.  Give me any combination of the 4 and let's get ready for the bowl game and close out recruiting.

I’ll stop your fantasy dream right now. The only way Gus would hire a dedicated QB coach would be if he decided not to hire an OC and do all the play calling himself. Even then the QB coach would just be a placeholder coach and just basically follow strict micromanagement coaching for the QB position set for by Gus.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I’ll stop you’re fantasy dream right now. The only way Gus would hire a dedicated QB coach would be if he decided not to hire an OC and do all the play calling himself. Even then the QB coach would just be a placeholder coach and just basically follow strict micromanagement coaching for the QB position set for by Gus.

Dream.....I'm wide awake.  It's 2:15pm here.  Just kidding.  I just hope we get a good OC and one of the qb's mentioned.  That would be ideal, even if it's a fantasy.

4 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

My post was in jest and It was meant to be humorous my friend. Nothing serious. Just trying to insert some comedy to keep things somewhat light.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:52 PM, War to the Eagle said:

I'm sick and tired of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

So shut up and take whatever they tell you huh? No. That's stupid, I will not. There are just as many people tired of sunshine pumpers as there are sunshine pumpers tired of "negativity". I hope that I never get in a situation where I put my head in the sand and hide from reality. 

And I don't hide behind anything, I will gladly meet whoever wants to meet at a game or wherever. I actually think we all should do that but I imagine that would make all of the super tough guys need to find something else to talk about. 

5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

ShallowHeftyIsabellineshrike-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

My post was in jest and It was meant to be humorous my friend. Nothing serious. Just trying to insert some comedy to keep things somewhat light.

Humorous?  Not on this SERIOUS thread!

68125b13109de7fc7239940be17447fd.gif

6 hours ago, roe4christ said:

K Briles just got a new contract with Houston and many are saying Bryant more than likely goes to Arky or Mizzou with Mizzou holding the edge.

I would be extremely excited for next year if we got an unfettered Freeze as OC with Tate at QB.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

And I don't hide behind anything, I will gladly meet whoever wants to meet at a game or wherever. I actually think we all should do that but I imagine that would make all of the super tough guys need to find something else to talk about. 

😁😁😁

B0F8594A-D51D-4A75-9EB0-CB21FFAB28C1.jpeg

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i got every cd he has but live b.ham and the live ep with into the mystic. i saw him in huntsville a couple of years ago with john prine but they had a bad pa sound and i still hope to see again cus his band is smkon. go to youtube and watch their version of one way out. he can make damn near any song he covers sound awesome and that is a gift.

He ended his show at Ryman with a cover of “You Wreck Me” as a tribute to Tom Petty (it was not long after Tom’s death). Hell, it sounded better than Tom’s version, lol

Archived