Get On Board

War to the Eagle

So, question... if Gus hires Freeze, and Freeze is given full reign to run his offense with no interference and its ultra successful...then why is Gus here? Wasn’t he hired basically for his offensive “brilliance “? I know he recruits well (does he though?) But a lot of coaches do that. Would Gus just be a figurehead? And what happens when HF moves on as he inevitably will? We’re right back where we started.  And even with HF is next year any better than say 8-4 with all the potential losses on defense and remaining questions on offense? 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

So, question... if Gus hires Freeze, and Freeze is given full reign to run his offense with no interference and its ultra successful...then why is Gus here? Wasn’t he hired basically for his offensive “brilliance “? I know he recruits well (does he though?) But a lot of coaches do that. Would Gus just be a figurehead? And what happens when HF moves on as he inevitably will? We’re right back where we started.  And even with HF is next year any better than say 8-4 with all the potential losses on defense and remaining questions on offense? 

Just me talking here. Don't let the bullet points make it sound like I'm talking *to* you and not just thinking out loud.

1. If Coach John Doe is our head coach and we win a number of football games that makes us all happy, then Coach John Doe is a good head coach IMO and we should want him to remain in that position until he starts losing too many games for us to be happy. I don't care if he doesn't do anything more than order pizzas for the guys doing the real work and check his auburn.edu email account once a week. I mean, I'm not saying I wish Malzahn was that kind of coach, buuuuuuut...

2. It's a good question about Hugh Freeze moving on, but wouldn't we be asking the same thing about any talented OC? 

3. I don't predict any better than 8-4 next season no matter who the OC is, but if Gus is going to be the head coach no matter what, shouldn't we try for the best available? I'd be okay with winning shootouts again as long as we win. 

4. There's the ever-so-slim chance that Freeze comes in here, has wild success without Gus's interference, and Gus finally realizes that he's better off letting go. Freeze isn't a Gus protege like Rhett and Chip. Maybe Gus has just been reluctant to get lapped by one of his own guys. Maybe he'd feel less insecure about handing it over to somebody who he never sent out for coffee. But I do worry that drawing up trick plays in the sand is Gus's only real true passion and like you said, the post-Freeze vacuum will just be filled by more Gus. 

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just me talking here. Don't let g as we win. 

4. There's the ever-so-slim chance that Freeze comes in here, has wild success without Gus's interference, and Gus finally realizes that he's better off letting go. 

I'm afraid there is a better possibility of me winning the lottery and paying Gus'es buyout  than there is of that happening.

8 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I'm afraid there is a better possibility of me winning the lottery and paying Gus'es buyout  than there is of that happening.

Everer so slimmer? Hah. I hear ya. I turned in my hope card halfway through the LSU game. 

On 12/2/2018 at 6:52 PM, War to the Eagle said:

I'm sick and tired of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

No

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

1. If Coach John Doe is our head coach and we win a number of football games that makes us all happy, then Coach John Doe is a good head coach IMO and we should want him to remain in that position until he starts losing too many games for us to be happy. I don't care if he doesn't do anything more than order pizzas for the guys doing the real work and check his auburn.edu email account once a week. I mean, I'm not saying I wish Malzahn was that kind of coach, buuuuuuut...

You mean there's a chance we could have Brad Wesley's nephew as our Head Coach?  That might be cool...

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

You mean there's a chance we could have Brad Wesley's nephew as our Head Coach?  That might be cool...

tenor.gif

BAHAWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

i hope he is driving that cool Mustang !!!!!!!!!!

Archived