Time to rename this website?

creed

10 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You show me a family that doesn't air or have differences, and I'll show you a delusional, disingenuous phony bunch of pathetic 'do-gooders.'

I'm fine as it is.

Oh wow?    Maybe that was a joke but perhaps not...at least in the minds of some people.   So.....perhaps that is my problem with the name.      I grew up in a family that, would never think to call one or the other stupid, a crook,  liar or imply nefarious motives.....and generally we were encouraged to live by the old biblical adage about doing unto others as you would have them do to you. ...kind of that "blood is thicker than water" kind of relationship.  

I will say that it's hard to maintain that family standard on this forum considering how some of our family members are inclined to verbally abuse their brothers and sisters. Retaliation is always a temptation.    .But being an Auburn Family is worth aspiring to and the name might cause some folks to think twice before posting some acidic dig at a fellow member of the Auburn family.  JMO :dunno: 

So let's keep the name and hope for better times...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You show me a family that doesn't air or have differences, and I'll show you a delusional, disingenuous phony bunch of pathetic 'do-gooders.'

I'm fine as it is.

I’ve taken classes (within the brick and mortar)  at Alabama (the bulk of my classes), JSU, UNA (early enrollment,) and a class in Auburn. The fanbases aren’t all that different. The difference is that Bama is more of a national brand and attracts more filth within the masses.

22 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oh wow?    Maybe that was a joke but perhaps not...at least in the minds of some people.   So.....perhaps that is my problem with the name.      I grew up in a family that, would never think to call one or the other stupid, a crook,  liar or imply nefarious motives.....and generally we were encouraged to live by the old biblical adage about doing unto others as you would have them do to you. ...kind of that "blood is thicker than water" kind of relationship.  

I will say that it's hard to maintain that family standard on this forum considering how some of our family members are inclined to verbally abuse their brothers and sisters. Retaliation is always a temptation.    .But being an Auburn Family is worth aspiring to and the name might cause some folks to think twice before posting some acidic dig at a fellow member of the Auburn family.  JMO :dunno: 

To anyone unfamiliar with 64, he walks this walk. I give him crap all the time and he always keeps it very civil and respectful.

I see no need to rename anything, but if forced I would call it AU Humans, because I just see a bunch of folks acting human. 

At some point we'll have a better season and it will be all kumbaya again. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

MediocrityfAUmily.com  Most here like and will settle for mediocrity. The way it's always been they like to say. Can't do or get any better. Know our place. 

My gosh .....are you and I reading the same posts??? I can think of two, maybe three, that are middle of the road. The rest want everyone fired when we don’t win ten games.

47 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Raised the same way.  Families are not perfect, but there is a right and a wrong way of settleing those issues.  And I am very proud of how I was raised to treat others.  Thank you for your post.

11 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'd be fine with changing it back to AUNation. We changed it to AUFamily not long before the merger.

yes please. 'Family' has too much Jacobs in it for me. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

To anyone unfamiliar with 64, he walks this walk. I give him crap all the time and he always keeps it very civil and respectful.

I see no need to rename anything, but if forced I would call it AU Humans, because I just see a bunch of folks acting human. 

At some point we'll have a better season and it will be all kumbaya again. 

Agreed.

64 gets a lot of crap on this forum and he and I certainly don't agree on everything either but whether you disagree with him or not, there's no reason to not like and respect him.  He is the epitome of treating others as he would want to be treated.

64 is one of those I hope to share a beer & big bear hug with at a game one day.

War Eagle 64!!

Wow, you guys aren't understanding that we could use the name change to help recruiting.

Auburnhaslike70NCs.com or Auburndeclaredbestfootballprogramofalltime.net

Okay, y'all can forget that "Nation" crap - we'd just be copying that other school in the state. 

I liked the Auburn Eagle suggestion but then again, that sounds more like a newspaper (I think Dothan is the Dothan Eagle?).

My vote is to keep it AUFamily - that's what we are. Even our athletes (not just football either) speak of it as a family. Recruits constantly comment on the family feel of Auburn. Anyone who has ever been to Auburn feels it.

Why change what's already perfect? ;)

7 minutes ago, Linayus said:

My vote is to keep it AUFamily - that's what we are. Even our athletes (not just football either) speak of it as a family. Recruits constantly comment on the family feel of Auburn.

Even if it feels hokey to some- it does to me sometimes- this is real. This is the primary advantage we have in recruiting, how we're different. Maybe one day we'll be able to sell championships and NFL pipeline and all that, but right now this is our product. Might as well embrace it. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

MediocrityfAUmily.com  Most here like and will settle for mediocrity. The way it's always been they like to say. Can't do or get any better. Know our place. 

Absolutely right WDE . I get so tired of folks on here trying to put folks down when a coach craps all over AU. These holy rollers that think they are better than everyone want to preach that AU is about the creed and that we should always be willing to settle for less even though we are paying top money. Those folks that speak this crap don’t really belive it they are just like our beloved football coach they speak a lot of bull crap to impress people. Maybe some day we will make all the holy rollers get tired and leave the family. Then and only then will AU prosper .

49 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Agreed.

64 gets a lot of crap on this forum and he and I certainly don't agree on everything either but whether you disagree with him or not, there's no reason to not like and respect him.  He is the epitome of treating others as he would want to be treated.

64 is one of those I hope to share a beer & big bear hug with at a game one day.

War Eagle 64!!

I think I'm going to cry that was so sweet

bill hader crying GIF by IFC

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I think I'm going to cry that was so sweet

bill hader crying GIF by IFC

Oh, I DEFINITELY got a big bear hug saved for you Golf.

But not til after we down a couple PBR'S first!

Archived