2019 3* C Kamaar Bell

ellitor

Believed to be one of AU's top 3 remaining targets on the interior OL in the class
Has been mentioned quite a bit even though there has not been a thread on him
9 P5 conference offers including 7 from the SEC
Believed AU is leading Florida in a 2 team battle
Worth noting the 2 predictions for AU in the above 20% came from Florida reporters yesterday afternoon

• ellitor changed the title to 2018 3* OG/C Kamaar Bell

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

I'm not qualified to judge this kids ability (at least not without a drink in my hand), but I love his size for an interior lineman.

My kind of guy

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I have no opinion on this kid, but I am just dumbfounded we aren't going after/can't get an OT

I think the staff is resigned to looking at the GT database for one.

I hope he is very smart because he lacks athleticism, has bad feet and body.  Another project.

We need to stop recruiting overweight, not very athletic lineman.  

They need to have a high football IQ, athletic ability and the frame to grow into and put on good weight. 

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think the staff is resigned to looking at the GT database for one.

Averaging less than 1 OT/class in the last 5 years. Have had to land James, Golson, Dunn, Driscoll, and whomever we try for this year just to tread water. Can't begin to imagine how bad it could've been.

There is no excuse to justify this abject failure. If people want to understand why we struggle on O(no matter Gus' influence), then they need to look no further than this. Seriously, look at this.

AU OT recruiting:  

2015: Prince Tega, Bailey Sharp & Tyler Carr(gone)

2016: Sammons & Hamm(OG)

2017: Ashley & Troxell (CA gone)

2018: -------

2019: Osborne (OG)

8 OT in 5 years...lets take away the 2 that are no longer with the team and the 2 that project as Guards.  That leaves 4 playing OT.  Of those four OT remaining,  2 are converted D-lineman(Both with very little football experience coming in from HS) and another that is coming back from Cancer.  You just can't make this stuff up. 

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I have no opinion on this kid, but I am just dumbfounded we aren't going after/can't get an OT

That is what's crazy. It seems like the exact same dilemma for the last 4 to 5 years. Very confusing, and I sure hope he's not a backup plan for Putnam. 

Side note: do we know if Ashley is still on the team?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Averaging less than 1 OT/class in the last 5 years. Have had to land James, Golson, Dunn, Driscoll, and whomever we try for this year just to tread water. Can't begin to imagine how bad it could've been.

There is no excuse to justify this abject failure. If people want to understand why we struggle on O(no matter Gus' influence), then they need to look no further than this. Seriously, look at this.

AU OT recruiting:  

8 OT in 5 years...lets take away the 2 that are no longer with the team and the 2 that project as Guards.  That leaves 4 playing OT.  Of those four OT remaining,  2 are converted D-lineman(Both with very little football experience coming in from HS) and another that is coming back from Cancer.  You just can't make this stuff up. 

I agree...this has to be looked at as the root of the offensive issues. I actually think the offensive scheme would work save for better linemen, especially tackles. Very frustrating.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ashley...(CA gone)

Wait. Is he for sure gone? I haven't seen any more rumblings the past few weeks.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Osborne (OG)

Suppose he could end up at OG but he is strictly being recruited as an OT.

Particulars aside the thesis of your post is on point.

13 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I sure hope he's not a backup plan for Putnam. 

Plan to take 2 more interior OL. He is a back up plan for Putnam or Webb which means we likely take him.

Florida just flipped their 2nd OL from Miami the past few days. Florida is pretty full on the OL. Gotta think we land Bell after we miss on 1 of Webb, Putnam.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

AU OT recruiting:  

And Tega was a D-line recruit.  Sammons was only recruited by us as an OT, most saw him as d-line

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

AU OT recruiting:  

The picture you laid out is a sad one and one that is at the core of our issues. Can't win in the SEC if u can't win in the trenches. Our lack of OLINE recruiting is horrendous.  I hope we can pull off some late wins on the recruiting trail and then find a Juco gem. God help us.  Hope we get Bell. 

On 12/3/2018 at 10:43 AM, auburnphan said:

I hope he is very smart because he lacks athleticism, has bad feet and body.  Another project.

We need to stop recruiting overweight, not very athletic lineman.  

They need to have a high football IQ, athletic ability and the frame to grow into and put on good weight. 

Completely agree here.  I am sure that someone is seeing something I am not, but man you nailed it.  He is overweight and does not have very good foot movement.  His highlights are him pancaking kids half his size.  He will never make it in the SEC without losing 50 lbs of fat and adding 35 lbs of muscle.  And then his footwork seems slow and sluggish.  But hey.... It is an OL recruit.  I have been begging for some.  Guess I should have been more specific and said good OL recruits...

On 12/3/2018 at 11:52 AM, bigbird said:

Excellent post. It all starts up front... this goes for both sides of the ball. 

On 12/3/2018 at 9:52 AM, bigbird said:

AU OT recruiting:  

It's obvious Gus does not recruit to needs.

57 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

It's obvious Gus does not recruit to needs.

You mean like our back to back 4-5 receiver classes?

On 12/3/2018 at 6:10 PM, auburnphan said:

And Tega was a D-line recruit.  Sammons was only recruited by us as an OT, most saw him as d-line

This . We recruit players out of position every year . An apple is a damn apple not an orange 

High School DLs generally make excellent college OLs because they were the quickest most agile big guys on the high school team. Tuberville made a living doing this. Ben Grubbs is a prime example. Jimmy Johnson was big on recruiting high school fullbacks and linebackers and making them college d. lineman. Thus guys like Tega and Sammons that you put good weight on are many times better than someone who is 30 or 40 pounds overweight and does not have quick feet. Tega and Sammons may never be all sec but they are still very good risks as compared to someone that is slow and overweight.

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

You mean like our back to back 4-5 receiver classes?

Yup! The position he played yet doesn't use other players at that position well overall.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yup! The position he played yet doesn't use other players at that position well overall.

You need lots of receivers when each one only has one role though.

51 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

You need lots of receivers when each one only has one role though.

The jet sweep guy, the prop plane sweep guy, the sweep the floors guy, the bubble screen guy, the bubble gum guy, the screen door guy....

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

the poop plane sweep guy

When I first read this sentence this is what my eyes saw. Lol

Archived