TALLAHASSEE -- Florida State hosted Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County three-star offensive lineman Kamaar Bell and his family for an official visit this past weekend.

Bell described it as a 'good experience'.

"It went well. I really enjoyed myself," Bell said.

The visit allowed him to form a stronger opinion on the school and program while the staff worked to build an emotional attachment with the lineman.

"They are trying to come in here and turn it around. They want people like me to come in here and change this program," Bell said of the staff.

"One thing that caught my attention is the players for one, the coaches, everybody made me feel at home," Bell added on the people overall. "The players made me feel at home. They showed me a good time."

In fact, he shared that he liked it so much he may make a return visit to Tallahassee in one week's time.

"I might come back next weekend with [teammate and FSU defensive back target] Jay [Ward], for his offiical," Bell added.

He said he doesn't need to return to learn more about the Garnet and Gold though.

"I've done seen everything," Bell said. "I just want to come back and show Jay a good time."

The 6-foot-3, 322-pound lineman said that FSU's need at his position is certainly appealing.

"Oh yeah," Bell said when the need for offensive linemen at FSU was brought up. "Me coming in and playing early is probably one of my biggest dreams coming out of high school. Me probably being an All-American and stuff like that. I really looking forward to coming in somewhere and playing early.

"When I look at the depth chart for one, I can see me, Dontae (Lucas), Ira (Henry), all of us in the o-line spot, and I see their numbers now but they need more, FSU needs more linemen," Bell added. "That is something to go home and think about when I get to the crib."

It won't be a long trek home for Bell, who is just about an hour away in Moultrie, Ga. That distance appeals to his mother, and to him. Speaking of his mother, she enjoyed her time with her son in Tallahassee.

"She enjoyed it," Bell said of his mother. "She had a long talk with Coach T and Coach Frey. She really enjoyed it. She really wants me to come here because it is 40 minutes down the road and she wouldn't have to break her neck to find me."

The weekend provided an opportunity for Bell to connect further with offensive line coach Greg Frey.

"It was good," Bell said of his time with Frey. "He showed me a good time. He is really a good coach. I could see him coaching me and stuff. So that should be good.

"He is very real with me, for one," Bell added. "He doesn't lie like I said. I just like his demeanor of coaching, that is what I like about Coach Frey."

He also spoke at length with head coach Willie Taggart, whose message to him was direct.

"They need me," Bell said. "It is a need for OL and he want me to come in. Like I told him, like I said, I am going to go home and think about it."

Entering the visit, Auburn had a big lead for Bell.

Now, where do things stand?

"They are neck-and-neck with Auburn right now," Bell said.

He confirmed that his recruitment is largely focused on just those two now.

If Bell doesn't visit FSU next weekend, he mentioned a potential visit to Indiana or West Virginia.

Bell added he would decide and announce on National Signing Day, which falls on February 6th this year.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has nine total predictions. Five are for Auburn, while four are for Florida - who is no longer considered a candidate in his recruitment.

The 247Sports.com Composite Rankings consider Bell the No. 34 offensive guard in the nation.