2019 3* C Kamaar Bell

ellitor

On 1/29/2019 at 1:00 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

FSU will throw them to the wolves and if they get destroyed as Freshman starters with no quality people around them it could really mess them up. Part of any sport besides the athletic ability, size, and technique is the mental aspect. A player whose confidence and swag is destroyed sometimes never recovers that is the risk they would be taking if they went to FSU and they were made starters next year.

It is one thing for one freshman to join a solid O-Line that has been together it is another to have 2 or 3 new freshman starters with guys who were not that good the year before. While both are solid prospects neither of them are 5* players they really need a year or more in anybodies system to get stronger and acclimated to college football.

its virtually the same thing thats happened to every FSU OL prospect since Jameis's last year. I dont think his system was conducive to an easy learning curve for OLinemen at all but the point is you cant just plug these guys in, unless they're generational OLinemen, and expect much other than a cycle of failure tbh.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

its virtually the same thing thats happened to every FSU OL prospect since Jameis's last year. I dont think his system was conducive to an easy learning curve for OLinemen at all but the point is you cant just plug these guys in, unless they're generational OLinemen, and expect much other than a cycle of failure tbh.

My best friend in Highschool was a very talented OT and DT at the High school level. He signed with Vanderbilt initially as an OLineman....but quickly transitioned to Dline....When I talk with him....he said the transition from OL in HS to College level was insanely difficult on the OL side...not near as bad on the Def. side....he said just learning the more complex blocking schemes and such was way more challenging than the transistion on Def. So i would definitely agree. We also had a pretty basic Offense in HS too however.

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I hope Good Vibrations and things looking up for Auburn are the same thing.

13 minutes ago, bg5 said:

It took only over an hour for someone to get my reference. lol

40 minutes ago, bg5 said:

This is my favorite B-Boys song!  I love the Beach Boys and have every CD they ever made. They do not make good music like that anymore!

Keep on 💥 💥 booming 

• 5 months later...

Updattee from a week ago I haven't seen posted anywhere yet...

Auburn late-arriving signee Kamaar Bell a ‘full go’ to enroll next week

Kamaar Bell indicated that he's likely to sign with Auburn on National Signing Day in February.

Kamaar Bell indicated that he's likely to sign with Auburn on National Signing Day in February.

Auburn football signee Kamaar Bell is the last of the 2019 freshman class that has yet to arrive on campus. He told AL.com on Tuesday that he’s a “full go” to be on campus and enrolled next week.

Bell told AL.com that he was delayed in getting to Auburn because he “fell off academically” in high school, but that his coursework requirements are completed, and he will be at Auburn, likely next Wednesday.

@War to the Eagle

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Next week is now. Is Bell on campus?

The article said possibly Wednesday so we might see soon.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

The article said possibly Wednesday so we might see soon.

I don’t know what all goes into this. As far as his academics. But I would think his work he’s finishing has a definitive end date and as soon as grades are finished he can go. If he doesn’t get his required grades he’s probably not gonna make it? I mean there’s only a month till fall camp. Less actually. If someone knows how this actually works feel free to explain or link it. I say this because it seems we keep hearing it’s being pushed back a few days or a week and a bunch of “maybes “, “ hopefullys”or “we’ll see what happens “. 

Not just talking about Bell either! Almost every year we go through this. It seems like Nick Marshall was a similar situation. 

46 minutes ago, alexava said:

just talking about Bell either! Almost every year we go through this. It seems like Nick Marshall was a similar situation. 

Tre Mason didn't make it until the team was already into fall camp. The delay is generally not a good sign, however.

8 hours ago, alexava said:

as soon as grades are finished he can go

If it were only that simple. After work is done the prospective student still needs to be cleared by the AU admissions office and the NCAA clearinghouse. The NCAA clearinghouse especially can take considerable time. He could get what he thought was good enough grades but still potentially be asked to do more by the NCAA.

8 hours ago, alexava said:

Not just talking about Bell either! Almost every year we go through this.

Nearly every school does nearly every year.. Not selective to AU.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

If it were only that simple. After work is done the prospective student still needs to be cleared by the AU admissions office and the NCAA clearinghouse. The NCAA clearinghouse especially can take considerable time. He could get what he thought was good enough grades but still potentially be asked to do more by the NCAA.

Nearly every school does nearly every year.. Not selective to AU.

I guess that’s why I’m wondering. What more could he be asked to do that could be done in a few days or a couple of weeks. It would seem like you’re either in or out at this point so late in the game. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I guess that’s why I’m wondering. What more could he be asked to do that could be done in a few days or a couple of weeks. It would seem like you’re either in or out at this point so late in the game. 

Based on what we have seen in the past, it can take the NCAA some time to get their review completed.....even after the player has apparently done the work at his school or taken something on-line.    I'm betting these guys get a lot of hand holding at their high school when things are at the margin near the end of their HS career.   JMO..but shame on him and shame on his guidance counselor for letting it get this close.....but looks like he's slipped under the wire. 

5 hours ago, alexava said:

He potentially could still take an online course if needed. Those only take about a month & he has til August 23 to get enrolled for the Fall Semester.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

I'm betting these guys get a lot of hand holding at their high school when things are at the margin near the end of their HS career.

I wouldn't bet on that. Many high schools don't have guidance counselors knowledgeable enough with NCAA requirements. At this point if there is hand holding to be done it's likely from an academic support staffer from the athletics department of the college the recruit has signed with.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn't bet on that. Many high schools don't have guidance counselors knowledgeable enough with NCAA requirements. At this point if there is hand holding to be done it's likely from an academic support staffer from the athletics department of the college the recruit has signed with.

You could be right....but if so, shame on them for not doing their job.    Tens of thousands of kids "qualify" to play under NCAA guidelines every year so it can't be that tricky and I doubt he is the first kid from that school to get a Div 1 scholly.   But looks like he made it....

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You could be right....but if so, shame on them for not doing their job.    Tens of thousands of kids "qualify" to play under NCAA guidelines every year so it can't be that tricky and I doubt he is the first kid from that school to get a Div 1 scholly.   But looks like he made it....

There are tons of counselors that do a good job that have no idea of NCAA rules or processes.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There are tons of counselors that do a good job that have no idea of NCAA rules or processes.

Sorry but if a school has student athletes with capability of getting an NCAA scholarships in any sport, the counselor should know what is necessary for those players.    If not, then the person is not doing a good job.      NCAA requirements are no secret.....they have web pages full of instructions and guidelines.  

BUT, I expect the problem usually falls on the kid who does not do the work in the 9th and 10th grades when they don't see the possibilities and then try to do it all at the last minute….or on the other end, some admit that once they signed the commitment, they quit doing the work.   Plenty of blame to go around. 

Archived