2019 3* C Kamaar Bell

ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

When I first read this sentence this is what my eyes saw. Lol

Good catch! Can't leave Chandler Cox out!

Watch out for 2-7, poop plane comin' atcha

Image result for chandler cox whirlybird gif

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for chandler cox whirlybird gif

You found a gif of the CC spin-a-rooni! I have been looking for this for a long time. Great accessory for many jokes!

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

You found a gif of the CC spin-a-rooni! I have been looking for this for a long time. Great accessory for many jokes!

Boy kerryon had a lot of room if he got the ball there.  Maybe the spinarooni would have worked if we didn't keep every time.  Same deal as wildcat. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Boy kerryon had a lot of room if he got the ball there.  Maybe the spinarooni would have worked if we didn't keep every time.  Same deal as wildcat. 

Hell it did work! That was 2 yards. Could have been much worse.

Kamaar Bell wore Auburn gloves while he played left tackle for Colquitt County in the Georgia 7A Championship game last night.  Milton dominated possession time, so I didn't get to see Bell as much as I would like.  Bell played well and easily handled the DE on pass plays.  He's a road grader who hustles and I saw him downfield on plays.  He's big, but obviously not tall enough for OT in the SEC.  He reminded me of Marquel Harrell when I saw him at Creekside; best OL on the field, good soldier, but not tall enough to grab spotlights.

FYI another player on Colquitt who's a junior RB, Daijun Edwards, likes us and can really play.  He's got size (5'10" 210), vision, and can break a long one.  Keep an eye on him.

BTW Milton upset Colquitt 14-13 giving Rush Propst his second straight championship game setback and Milton their first ever state championship in their first trip to the finals.. 

On 12/7/2018 at 12:21 PM, ellitor said:

I bet a pro like Kerryon felt like an idiot running a play like that. 

That play isn’t as bad as y’all make it out to be. Running it more than once a game is the problem. 😳

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

That play isn’t as bad as y’all make it out to be. Running it more than once a game is the problem. 😳

Running it at all that game when Clemson essentially had the playbook or the equivalent thereof is bad.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Running it at all that game when Clemson essentially had the playbook or the equivalent thereof is bad.

As stated. Once a game not so bad. More than that........😳

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

As stated. Once a game not so bad. More than that........😳

I take it by your repeat we ran it more than once that game? I don't know. I blocked that game & most possible uses of that play out of my memory bank.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If it would have been handed off to , what looks like #1, it’s a long gain, and possible a touchdown 

2 hours ago, im4au said:

Kamaar Bell wore Auburn gloves while he played left tackle for Colquitt County in the Georgia 7A Championship game last night.  Milton dominated possession time, so I didn't get to see Bell as much as I would like.  Bell played well and easily handled the DE on pass plays.  He's a road grader who hustles and I saw him downfield on plays.  He's big, but obviously not tall enough for OT in the SEC.  He reminded me of Marquel Harrell when I saw him at Creekside; best OL on the field, good soldier, but not tall enough to grab spotlights.

FYI another player on Colquitt who's a junior RB, Daijun Edwards, likes us and can really play.  He's got size (5'10" 210), vision, and can break a long one.  Keep an eye on him.

BTW Milton upset Colquitt 14-13 giving Rush Propst his second straight championship game setback and Milton their first ever state championship in their first trip to the finals.. 

I see in his profile he is listed at 6'3, what is the typical height of a Tackle ?

21 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I see in his profile he is listed at 6'3, what is the typical height of a Tackle ?

Height isn’t as important for an OT as people think it is. The more important thing is how long the arms are.. For example there are some good 6 foot 4 possibly 6 foot 3 OTS in the NFL.  6 foot 3 with long arms could do well in the SEC at OT Specifically RT but 6 foot 3 with average arm length for that height would be better suited as an OG.

Here's a link to a site that lists what it believes to be the desirable attributes of an offensive tackle:

http://www.get2theleague.com/offensive-tackle-tips-what-the-nfl-looks-for-in-offensive-tackles/

I think we would probably be looking at Kamaar for OG or center.  His size and strength advantages dictated that he play OT for Colquitt, but he won't have those at the next level. I agree that taking Kamaar would probably mean we missed on someone, but with the right diet and work discipline he could have a good career at the next level.

38 minutes ago, im4au said:

I agree that taking Kamaar would probably mean we missed on someone,

It already has FWIW, Clay Webb. KB is a take now whether we get Putnam or not. Staff wants 2 more interior OL in the class.

15 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I actually agree. It has just become the easy, go-to emblem of the embarrassing display Gus put on that night. 

What I feel guilty about is Cox being implicated. 

On 12/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, McLoofus said:

I actually agree. It has just become the easy, go-to emblem of the embarrassing display Gus put on that night. 

What I feel guilty about is Cox being implicated. 

Two yards! We got two yards! That could be the difference between winning and losing! I kid 

On 12/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, autigeremt said:

Oh I think it is. 

On 12/3/2018 at 10:52 AM, bigbird said:

Averaging less than 1 OT/class in the last 5 years. Have had to land James, Golson, Dunn, Driscoll, and whomever we try for this year just to tread water. Can't begin to imagine how bad it could've been.

There is no excuse to justify this abject failure. If people want to understand why we struggle on O(no matter Gus' influence), then they need to look no further than this. Seriously, look at this.

AU OT recruiting:  

2015: Prince Tega, Bailey Sharp & Tyler Carr(gone)

2016: Sammons & Hamm(OG)

2017: Ashley & Troxell (CA gone)

2018: -------

2019: Osborne (OG)

8 OT in 5 years...lets take away the 2 that are no longer with the team and the 2 that project as Guards.  That leaves 4 playing OT.  Of those four OT remaining,  2 are converted D-lineman(Both with very little football experience coming in from HS) and another that is coming back from Cancer.  You just can't make this stuff up. 

Speechless. Gus let arguably the most valuable position dwindle down to nothing left on the bone, and he compounded that with hiring back a non recruiting OL coach that hasn’t picked up a stud since Brayden Smith. 

giphy.gif

Basically what bird said shows anyone that does not follow recruiting why We are in a world of hurt. This was the last year we had to get it done before things go from bad to worse. We needed 5-6 big time OL in this class with 3 of them being OT. We have the number one quarterback in the country and we cannot pull any lineman. Crazy. That means that next year we will need to pull a ton of lineman and that they will probably start as a freshman (if we get any). Also means that we will need to pull juco or transfers... again. 

Reminds me of the Bowden days. 

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Basically what bird said shows anyone that does not follow recruiting why We are in a world of hurt. This was the last year we had to get it done before things go from bad to worse. We needed 5-6 big time OL in this class with 3 of them being OT. We have the number one quarterback in the country and we cannot pull any lineman. Crazy. That means that next year we will need to pull a ton of lineman and that they will probably start as a freshman (if we get any). Also means that we will need to pull juco or transfers... again. 

Reminds me of the Bowden days. 

It hurts when you have a guys like clay Webb, Wanya Morris, Harry Miller, pierce quick, and amari Kight all in your backyard and we can’t pull one. Hope we can at least get Putnam and Bell will turn out to be a diamond in the rough for us. 

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Speechless. Gus let arguably the most valuable position dwindle down to nothing left on the bone, and he compounded that with hiring back a non recruiting OL coach that hasn’t picked up a stud since Brayden Smith. 

giphy.gif

I said this in Putnam's thread, but I think this applies as well.  Last year Hand really screwed us over leaving when he did.  We lost out on a few players because of that.  Grimes has never been an elite recruiter but can coach.  My feeling is we will start to see Grime's work with our current players pay off this next year which should help us.  Personally, I do not think Hand coached any players up at all, so Grimes has had to start at square one.  OL takes time to develop.  Hardest position to refine.

I have a theory I would like to try out over time.  I am curious if Hand jumps ship again right before the guys he currently has at Texas that were coached by the previous OL coach graduates.  It is starting to seem like this is something common.  Same thing happened at Vanderbilt.and Tulsa, his previous stops.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Last year Hand really screwed us over leaving when he did.  We lost out on a few players because of that.

As I said in the other thread you posted it, nope.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I do not think Hand coached any players up at all,

Mostly agree again.

I will actually be happy with our OL class if we get Bell and Putnam with the 2 commits we already have. But having said that I would be surprised if we land Putnam and Bell is not a certainty either.

Archived