2019 3* C Kamaar Bell

ellitor

All these cats buying into this FSU staff make me laugh. Willie is in shakier ground than Gus. And that’s saying something. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while use to think he knew his stuff but then seldom heard from him

Yeah. I meant his brother Josh.

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Henry has already booked his next official visit to another school,  if that is telling enough.  

It’s not telling. He always planned to take a visit next week. Just didn’t decide on Indiana for it til today.

I honestly didnt buy into the video as much as maybe i should. To me he seemed to be saying " All the right things" ...I mean he just came to the school...met some good people and coaches I'm sure....whats he supposed to say....It was fun but im not coming here? I think there is pressure on these kids to say these things...now of course....he could have been doing the same with what he said about Auburn....IDK....but from the video evidence...my spidey senses dont believe that He is going to FSU. I'll eat my crow if i have to. 

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I honestly didnt buy into the video as much as maybe i should. To me he seemed to be saying " All the right things" ...I mean he just came to the school...met some good people and coaches I'm sure....whats he supposed to say....It was fun but im not coming here? I think there is pressure on these kids to say these things...now of course....he could have been doing the same with what he said about Auburn....IDK....but from the video evidence...my spidey senses dont believe that He is going to FSU. I'll eat my crow if i have to. 

Reports saying FSU and Auburn are in a tie now. So the interest is real 

10 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

FWIW what is said in exit visit interview articles is not always on point. Let's wait til some real info comes out in the coming days. FWIW I know some connected with AU are still confident.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW what is said in exit visit interview articles is not always on point. Let's wait til some real info comes out in the coming days. FWIW I know some connected with AU are still confident.

You confident about Henry too?

Yeah, I mean, I suppose this could be a major surprise, but I'll be majorly surprised if Bell ends up anywhere but Auburn.

For me, no idea on Henry. He seems like a kid searching for the right opportunity. If he thinks that's FSU, he'll go there. If he thinks it's Auburn, he'll go there. Same for any other place. That's just my read on him. I'm hoping we get Asaboro on campus before he signs, and frankly, I'm hoping we get the Johnson kid from Texas on campus as well. Take a bunch of bites at the apple and see if we can reel in one or two Tackle prospects.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

You confident about Henry too?

I didn’t say I was confident. I said some AU connecteds were confident. But yes that statement also applies to Henry for now. More confident with Bell though.

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Again....the reports are updated by the answers he gave in that interview and others i would imagine...I'm just giving you my read on the kid. 

Two FSU writers have already CBed Bell to FSU.

If Gus misses on Henry and Bell he might as well head to the unemployment line.

C’mon now. That’s just silly. Bell, we’ve been on for a long time, but Henry? 99% of all people affiliated with Auburn didn’t know who he was a month ago. He’s no different than Wisdom Asaboro or Cam’Ron Johnson. Just a dude with size, athleticism, and upside. Total unknown beyond that. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Two FSU writers have already CBed Bell to FSU.

As I posted in another thread a day or so ago McGahee is a homer & works for an independent FSU site so his picks alone don't mean much. The Newberg pick though is an eye raiser.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

C’mon now. That’s just silly. Bell, we’ve been on for a long time, but Henry? 99% of all people affiliated with Auburn didn’t know who he was a month ago. He’s no different than Wisdom Asaboro or Cam’Ron Johnson. Just a dude with size, athleticism, and upside. Total unknown beyond that. 

Spot on. Would especially sting since Kamaar has been a take for us for some time while FSU didn't even offer him til after Putnam signed with Clemson. If he & or Henry pick FSU I will understand it though. FSU is in dire need for quality OL now. So much so their returning starting OL are not expected to win their jobs next season.

Auburn and FSU are not entirely  dissimilar on the OL except we have a solid group returning for 2019. The only positions really even remotely up for grabs are Center and possibly RG. That's not the story at FSU, but both of us are a mess after 2019.

Losing Bell would definitely hurt, both in terms of getting talent in the post-2019 OL pipeline and in terms of getting your hat handed to you on the trail. Losing Henry hurts, but it's not like we have a lot invested in him. 

2 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

both of us are a mess after 2019.

Difference is FSU is a mess for 2019 & they are hard selling PT now. Most OL recruits need at least 1 year to get some good development before they can be ready to start. Hopefully our staff's reasoning on that is getting through to Bell & Henry.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Difference is FSU is a mess for 2019 & they are hard selling PT now. Most OL recruits need at least 1 year to get some good development before they can be ready to start. Hopefully our staff's reasoning on that is getting through to Bell & Henry.

FSU will throw them to the wolves and if they get destroyed as Freshman starters with no quality people around them it could really mess them up. Part of any sport besides the athletic ability, size, and technique is the mental aspect. A player whose confidence and swag is destroyed sometimes never recovers that is the risk they would be taking if they went to FSU and they were made starters next year.

It is one thing for one freshman to join a solid O-Line that has been together it is another to have 2 or 3 new freshman starters with guys who were not that good the year before. While both are solid prospects neither of them are 5* players they really need a year or more in anybodies system to get stronger and acclimated to college football.

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

FSU will throw them to the wolves and if they get destroyed as Freshman starters with no quality people around them it could really mess them up. Part of any sport besides the athletic ability, size, and technique is the mental aspect. A player whose confidence and swag is destroyed sometimes never recovers that is the risk they would be taking if they went to FSU and they were made starters next year.

It is one thing for one freshman to join a solid O-Line that has been together it is another to have 2 or 3 new freshman starters with guys who were not that good the year before. While both are solid prospects neither of them are 5* players they really need a year or more in anybodies system to get stronger and acclimated to college football.

I think that's happened with a couple of our quarterbacks over the years.

To be fair, you never know. Moving to three true freshmen on the OL saved our season in 2007. Pugh, Ramsey, and Ziemba gave us aggression that was absent before they took over, some by necessity due to injuries and some by desperation. I’m not willing to say Bell and/or Henry don’t have that in them, but it’s highly unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Preaching to the choir.

4 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

To be fair, you never know. Moving to three true freshmen on the OL saved our season in 2007. Pugh, Ramsey, and Ziemba gave us aggression that was absent before they took over, some by necessity due to injuries and some by desperation. I’m not willing to say Bell and/or Henry don’t have that in them, but it’s highly unlikely. 

Completely agree. Just looked back. Z was a top 50 overall prospect (#4 OT). Pugh (#1 C) & Ramsey (#6 OG) were Top 150 overall prospects. 3 important & major hits.

29 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Ramsey’s back injury still bums me out. I thought he was the best of the group. 

He missed the opportunity for a national championship...bet it bums him out too.

Archived