2019 3* C Kamaar Bell

ellitor

All of this conversation about counselors responsibility and such made me think about when I was in high school. Maybe it's because I didn't struggle in school, except for Chemistry, but I never even visited the guidance counselor and he never approached me that I recall. It's definitely different today versus then but I wonder how many who need guidance slip through the cracks. I would think that the coach and counselor would be aware of any shortcomings but the student has to do their part. Parents have got to get involved too. This shouldn't be a senior year discovery for anyone and a student that studies doesn't forget how or why they're doing it during their final year. Hopefully Bell has done enough to get in and has learned something bigger in the process. Sometimes it just takes a shock to wake you up. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

But I think it is laughable for people to blame the NCAA when a school counselor or HS coach fails to keep one of their kids on track academically....when it means so much to the kid's future.     As I have heard it said a time or two......."if the job was easy, anyone could do it:"    but it's your job ...so do it right". 

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

:thumbsup:

Hahaha. You're the guys who don't think it's our head coach's fault when we lose.

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hahaha. You're the guys who don't think it's our head coach's fault when we lose.

1010989F-82A6-4171-B6BD-1F27E6F8DD94.gif

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

This forum becomes more toxic every day. Doesn't matter the subject, a pissing match breaks out.

It's no worse than it ever has been & we only have periods of it.

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

You get a lot of it now because we are in a no contact period which basically means no new information so people are bored for some this provides entertainment.  I personally like Netflix for entertainment when there is nothing else. It is that or my wife's Honey-Do list.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* C Kamaar Bell
On 7/14/2019 at 10:16 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

You get a lot of it now because we are in a no contact period which basically means no new information so people are bored for some this provides entertainment.  I personally like Netflix for entertainment when there is nothing else. It is that or my wife's Honey-Do list.

Last chance u on this friday if you're into the series.

1 hour ago, MCPeePants said:

Confirmed on-campus.

Yep. Been on campus since Sunday.

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

All this pissing for nothing? Damn!

What pissing?....(Praying GWill & Fred don't gif bomb this thread as I type.)

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You have to admit that was pretty funny you did ask for it.  :laugh:

FIFY

1 hour ago, alexava said:

All this pissing for nothing? Damn!

Yeah, especially since it turns out that Bell's guidance counselors, coaches and any other staff involved in helping him qualify for college seem to have done their jobs just fine. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, especially since it turns out that Bell's guidance counselors, coaches and any other staff involved in helping him qualify for college seem to have done their jobs just fine. 

I see what you did

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I see what you did

Yes. He put two & two together for me as he does from time to time.

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Those people and Bell himself squeaked him in just under the wire. Signees with a support staff that did their jobs just fine were already enrolled in class at Auburn and going through summer workouts.

Archived