Chip Out As AU OC (thread title updated)

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

How sure are we about the reported hamstrings on hiring assistants? I can't fathom why anyone involved (Leath, Harbert, or Greene) would intentionally sabotage Gus's chances at success next year. I feel like if Gus wants Freeze we'll pay for it 

If the reports are true, they made him an offer he couldn't accept. But Gus.

So not do they not only still have the guy they tried to make quit, but now they have an even less effective version of him. Again, if the reports are true.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

I can't fathom why anyone involved (Leath, Harbert) would intentionally sabotage Gus's chances at success next year.

It was done to try to smoke him out & get him to leave on his own. Very poor idea.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If the reports are true, they made him an offer he couldn't accept. But Gus.

So not do they not only still have the guy they tried to make quit, but now they have an even less effective version of him. Again, if the reports are true.

So if the idea is they made a terrible offer they expected him not to take but he took it anyway, why wouldn't they just fix it now and allow him to hire whomever? He called their bluff; it would be silly to just go along with an agreement that harms both parties. 

Just now, ellitor said:

It was done to try to smoke him out & get him to leave on his own. Very poor idea.

Just completely hypothetical, but say Freeze wanted 1 mil, Chip’s salary was 800k. Could the remaining 200k come out of Gus’ salary? If so, is that even something Gus would accept?

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

YEA!!!

This has to mean our offensive woes are finally over!!  

POTY

Quickly trumped...

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

Good bye  Chip.... see you in a few years when your selected as the new HC of Auburn.  Because thats what auburn does

1 minute ago, Squidward2016 said:

why wouldn't they just fix it now and allow him to hire whomever? He called their bluff; it would be silly to just go along with an agreement that harms both parties. 

With AU leadership one can never tell.

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Good bye  Chip.... see you in a few years when you're selected as the new HC of Auburn.  Because thats what auburn does

Yes lol.  Also it is a total Auburn/Gus move to bring in Bentley or promote Kodi.  I will jump off of a roof if that happens.

3 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

So if the idea is they made a terrible offer they expected him not to take but he took it anyway, why wouldn't they just fix it now and allow him to hire whomever? He called their bluff; it would be silly to just go along with an agreement that harms both parties. 

I can think of a few reasons, but I'm not sure any of them are good reasons. As even some friendly media types have said, there is no good way out of this. Of all the bad ways to handle it, it seems like they went with the worst. 

23 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Wish nothing but the best to Chip, sorry he had to put this mark on his resume and be lied to by an egotistical dufus.

all out of likes and kissy- kisses

12 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Who is willing to be Gus OC is probably the question to be asked?       The last two, one went to UConn, the other possibly to Kansas.  Both considered one of the 5 worst D1 football programs.

How has Lashley done? This is not a set up question .....real question bc I have not followed him

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

Yes lol.  Also it is a total Auburn/Gus move to bring in Bentley or promote Kodi.  I will jump off of a roof if that happens.

In all seriousness I could see Gus name himself OC, move Kodi to QB coach & hire a new WR coach. Would be a total Gus thing to do.

Just now, ellitor said:

In all seriousness I could see Gus name himself OC, move Kodi to QB coach & hire a new WR coach. Would be a total Gus thing to do.

I didn’t even make it to end of the 2nd sentence before I said “oh lord” out loud. Lol

7 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

Because their ego matters more than the program 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I didn’t even make it to end of the 2nd sentence before I said “oh lord” out loud. Lol

As in you were thinking the same thing?

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

How has Lashley done? This is not a set up question .....real question bc I have not followed him

Lasted 1 season at Uconn.... im not sure thats an accurate representation of what he can do but  now he is with SMU

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

As in you were thinking the same thing?

As in, when I finished the Kodi to QB coach comment, I facepalmed. Lol

But I totally agree, total Gus thing to do lol

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

People roll their eyes but I’d rather see this type of “ownership” if Freeze is off the table. Just don’t see us doing anything more than hiring Bentley and the same rumors of meddling occur. 

Archived