Chip Out As AU OC (thread title updated)

TitanTiger

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

i'd rather gus leave

I mean yeah. That's a given. Bit if he's going to be here, let him go out fighting the only way he knows how. 

52 minutes ago, aufan@una said:

What is the chances that Gus doubles down and names himself as OC and then goes and finds someone as a QB coach? 

We just let a good QB Coach go. Gus wouldn't let him do his job. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean yeah. That's a given. Bit if he's going to be here, let him go out fighting the only way he knows how. 

Yeah the only way he knows how.  With paper spit balls and a waffle house straw at a gun fight lol.

3 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

The problem is Gus does not think he needs a QB coach.  He thinks he can do it.  He is the Baskin Robbins of offensive coaching.

**** it. Let him coach the QBs too. Maybe some hands on interaction will turn out to be a blessing. He's done it before and he's had good QBs. He can teach them to do exactly what he needs for his offense. No point in bringing in Hugh, at this point. All Hugh is is a hole plug. It's Gus's career, so I say let the man do exactly what he wants without having to worry about an OC.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If the assistant funds freeze reports from every AU reporter are true Gus can't get his guy.

I agree with that, and find it appealing. My point was a different one. Chip leaving was very expected and Gus has had plenty of them to line up his slate of candidates, and he knows his budget. Does Gus do like others who have recent staff openings (Pruitt and Fisher most recently) and begin an immediate round of interviews, reflecting a well planned out strategy. Or does he act as if this dropped out of the sky, and drag this out for several days or weeks. The right answer is option 1, the most likely answer is option 2. Sorry, but I’m pretty cynical these days. 

My number 1 choice would be Kendal Briles. But I just rather have him as our new Head Coach next year. Do not want to get the Gus stank and taint on him.

Turner Gill is apparently retiring.

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

He has a splendid resume, but he is also coaching at home as he is a Clemson Grad.

You don't know if you don't ask. Plus maybe it's time for him to spread his wings and try something new.

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

You don't know if you don't ask. Plus maybe it's time for him to spread his wings and try something new.

Why would he come work for gus? That is a career killer.

i hope chips lights it up at kansas........it would be a classy way of sticking it to gus for holding him back........

24 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Do we feel good about freeze as our OC if we get him or is it just temporary? 

Freeze could be a transitional OC, like Muschamp was a transitional DC. Steele ran a similar system to Mushamp, so an easy transition after the shake-it-up change.

The key would be to get a similar OC to follow Freeze (regardless of if CGM remained HC post-Freeze or not).

I think Freeze has more value with Bo Nix than with Kelly Bryant. If we don't get Bryant, I hope with get Freeze.

31 minutes ago, ausburn said:

Null

Is this how the PTB feel about Hugh?

Noticed this banner on the site earlier today and wondered about its prescience. 

3 minutes ago, meh130 said:

I think Freeze has more value with Bo Nix than with Kelly Bryant. If we don't get Bryant, I hope with get Freeze.

I think Freeze could be great for KB...If Gus let him be.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Without quality assistsnts Auburn will never get better. I'm hoping Gus has an epiphany and realizes he must change to grow as a coach. 

I am not naive. It will never happen, but a guy can dream things will get better.

Archived