Chip Out As AU OC (thread title updated)

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

As head coach at Auburn? No disrespect but did he win more because he cheated or did he win more because of his coaching??? He got some players that helped him win that may not have went there if he did not cheat. As an OC yeah, but maybe a bit early as HC. But hey I am all for redemption stories so you never know.

You still got to be able to coach. Gus has the players. Does not matter if you cannot coach some.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's smart for him to consider a team with a defensive minded coach that'll let him do his job. Kansas would be awesome and I'd absolutely love to see him and Les Miles drag that program out of the ashes and into relevancy. Like both of those two guys a lot. Wish him the best and I hope he breaks some records wherever he goes; positive ones of course.

Now it's time for us to find an OC. Gus should just be forced to run the offense and prove his worth.

Expected to see this but still feels funny when it happens..  Chip is a good guy, fit the AU family but did not work out at AU....I was disappointed in his results with JS this season.....folks can blame Gus or Chip...either way....sounds like it's a done deal and we are moving right along.    What does bothers me is that so many people here have already written off the next OC without even having a clue as to who it might be. Would be a nice to see a little bit of open mindedness until the guy is announced and maybe even give him a game or two to see what his style is....or perhaps just wait until A Day to see who our QB is.   Maybe not a coincidence that decision day for Kelly Bryant is tomorrow.  

As for Chip...he will land on his feet....there is enough confusion here about our offensive problems that some good school will give the benefit of the doubt to Chip and give him another good job.  JMO

Lastly ….hate that Gill is retiring due to health of his wife.  He had found a good match at Liberty for the time being and despite the pounding at AU, they had won a couple Div 1 games in their first year in the higher level.   That's a growing school, needs better facilities but I think they have to money and are taking things step by step in their growth plan .  So..... Freeze?    could work out well for both of them.  

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It's smart for him to consider a team with a defensive minded coach that'll let him do his job. Kansas would be awesome and I'd absolutely love to see him and Les Miles drag that program out of the ashes and into relevancy. Like both of those two guys a lot. Wish him the best and I hope he breaks some records wherever he goes; positive ones of course.

Now it's time for us to find an OC. Gus should just be forced to run the offense and prove his worth.

Problem for Chip is this is exactly why Les got the boot at LSU. He refused to adapt and change his offense from the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. I sincerely hope he lets Chip run HIS OFFENSE. Dude deserves to be left the hell alone and be able to run what he wants.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Gus' worth is a volunteer at a concession stand at game day, he just doesn't have the skills!!  lol

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You still got to be able to coach. Gus has the players. Does not matter if you cannot coach some.

Everything but an oline but I see your point.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Expected to see this but still feels funny when it happens..  Chip is a good guy, fit the AU family but did not work out at AU....I was disappointed in his results with JS this season.....folks can blame Gus or Chip...either way....sounds like it's a done deal and we are moving right along.    What does bothers me is that so many people here have already written off the next OC without even having a clue as to who it might be. Would be a nice to see a little bit of open mindedness until the guy is announced and maybe even give him a game or two to see what his style is....or perhaps just wait until A Day to see who our QB is.   Maybe not a coincidence that decision day for Kelly Bryant is tomorrow.  

As for Chip...he will land on his feet....there is enough confusion here about our offensive problems that some good school will give the benefit of the doubt to Chip and give him another good job.  JMO

Lastly ….hate that Gill is retiring due to health of his wife.  He had found a good match at Liberty for the time being and despite the pounding at AU, they had won a couple Div 1 games in their first year in the higher level.   That's a growing school, needs better facilities but I think they have to money and are taking things step by step in their growth plan .  So..... Freeze?    could work out well for both of them.  

Liberty may also be a bargaining tool used against AU and Tenn.

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Gus should run the offense like he did in 2009/2010. Go back and watch.....much better than what we've had recently. 

We've been begging for that for 3 years. 

2 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Will Gus hire a new OC?

Unless it's Freeze I hope not.

I don’t see Freeze at Auburn.  Even if he doesn’t go to Liberty I’d put him in Tennessee before Auburn.  As many have said he’d have free reign at UT where you’d have 2 roosters in the hen house on the plains.  Someone said Pat Nix earlier and while I laughed for a second I kind of see the rationale.  Bentley with South Carolina has been mentioned as well.  I have a feeling it’s going to be another yes man but hopefully one that jives with Gus’s play calling.

Just now, Zeek said:

Unless it's Freeze I hope not.

OR Baby Briles. Only 2 that would actually be anything but yes men and go grab coffee and double bubble for gussy.

Freeze could serve as interim and work his way into the full time job if Gus gets canned after the TAMU/UF/LSU losses next year.  Would our compliance dept allow it?

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

OR Baby Briles. Only 2 that would actually be anything but yes men and go grab coffee and double bubble for gussy.

I'll get his coffee and double bubble for what they paid Chip.

Just now, Zeek said:

I'll get his coffee and double bubble for what they paid Chip.

Can you shuffle papers and sit still in a coach's box tho? It's not as easy as it sounds.

54 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nooo we need to bring in the big guns here.

coach-klein.png

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This picture really needs to be photosopped or whatever for that to be Gus's book in his hands.

gus (1).jpg

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Can you shuffle papers and sit still in a coach's box tho? It's not as easy as it sounds.

I think I could. Though, I’d probably drop at least one “**** that” after being asked to throw another pass at the line of scrimmage.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Freeze could serve as interim and work his way into the full time job if Gus gets canned after the TAMU/UF/LSU losses next year.  Would our compliance dept allow it?

That is a ideal option and what I hope happens. Offense looks good. Freeze gets the credit. Gus still gets the boot and then we take off mid season and Hugh gets the job full time. That is the only hang up on all of this is would our compliance department allow it. 

Archived