Chip Out As AU OC (thread title updated)

TitanTiger

I wonder if JB is the next on the chopping block? This would make sense imho. I would love to get the OL coach at UAB. We need to go after an OC from the big 12. I would love to get the guy at OSU. (Oklahoma State that is ) I will wait and see what Phillip Marshall has to say.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

I still see no explanation from you on how those two coaches careers are killed  by coaching under Malzahn. Both are OCs at Division 1 schools. There are not many big time schools hiring OCs with as little experience as these two have to offer. Regardless of where they have coached. A career killer would've been only finding a job as wide receivers coach at West Alabama. 

lol if you cannot see the difference in being a OC at Kansas and Uconn after being OC at a top 15 job in Auburn and how that is a career killer that is on you muhhhhhhhhh dude. But anyways MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR SUMTER!!!!!! Me and @fredst look to be filling your life with many many gifs in 2019 as well!!! WAR DAMN FAM!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol if you cannot see the difference in being a OC at Kansas and Uconn after being OC at a top 15 job in Auburn and how that is a career killer that is on you muhhhhhhhhh dude. But anyways MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR SUMTER!!!!!! Me and @fredst look to be filling your life with many many gifs in 2019 as well!!! WAR DAMN FAM!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!

You still have not supported your statement coaching under Malzahn is a career killer. Each is working as an OC, the same position held at Auburn, at Division 1 schools. 

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I still see no explanation from you on how those two coaches careers are killed  by coaching under Malzahn. Both are OCs at Division 1 schools. There are not many big time schools hiring OCs with as little experience as these two have to offer. Regardless of where they have coached. A career killer would've been only finding a job as wide receivers coach at West Alabama. 

To be fair, both left a higher paying SEC job to go to football hell for less money.  I think they saved their careers before they got murdered.

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I KNOW you are not about to count Boom as part of Malzahns coaching "tree" haha come on Britt!! You are better than that. Boom was going to leave after 1 year to get away from gus and go be the Georgia DC if he did not get the USC lite job. A lot of why Bentley got hired as on the field role at South Carolina is so he would bring his Star QB son with him.

Now there could be a smidgen of truth to Muschamp being a better HC after working for Gus. He might have at least learned what not to do in some aspects. ;)

If Herb Hand was really so bad, how did Texas manage to get into the Sugar Bowl this year? Just askin'

3 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

If Herb Hand was really so bad, how did Texas manage to get into the Sugar Bowl this year? Just askin'

3 Seniors and a Junior with many starts between them. 

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

3 Seniors and a Junior with many starts between them. 

You mean it's about having talent that makes a coach look good..?    who knew?   :dunno:

12 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

That's easy 1. They arent his recruits 2. Give him another year or two and their OL will be awful. That's what he does. He left PSU in shambles too.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You mean it's about having talent that makes a coach look good..?    who knew?   :dunno:

It helps some coaches but not all. 

4 hours ago, AUTiger25 said:

I would think (hope) something would be in place that would allow Freeze control, or he wouldn't come regardless of friendship. Business is business. 

Agree 100%. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree 100%. 

Agree also, and will add that Freeze has a proven track record I want to think Gus would let him do his thing. many of the other potential listed candidates are young in careers and unproven.

this seems logical to me. Now is it with Gus...😳

4 hours ago, doverstutts said:

i'd rather gus leave

I would too but it sure would be easier to fire him if he's calling the plays and we still suck on offense. 

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

E4203606-2E7A-44E6-BDA8-C8582FE9C5CE.gif

9 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Don’t you know every offensive coach that has been at Auburn under Gus sucks? If Auburn is ever good at anything it’s because the immortal ones grant us the power to be so. Auburn coaches can never be good. It has been written. I’m kidding IMO Hand has done a great job at Texas..

I'm more interested in the offensive line coach hire, if there is one, than hiring an OC. For one, who knows if Malzahn will get out of the way. And it matters not, how good the OC may be, if the offensive line continues to struggle. 

35 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

That's easy 1. They arent his recruits 2. Give him another year or two and their OL will be awful. That's what he does. He left PSU in shambles too.

200.gif

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I can think of a few reasons, but I'm not sure any of them are good reasons. As even some friendly media types have said, there is no good way out of this. Of all the bad ways to handle it, it seems like they went with the worst. 

Like I said before. Auburn has screwed up the screw up.

17 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I would too but it sure would be easier to fire him if he's calling the plays and we still suck on offense. 

Agree.... if Gus can't call the plays why is he out there?    It's up to him to make the offense work and downloading the job to some lesser experienced person does not seem smart for him or for AU.  .   He got the money because he was supposed to know offenses....so let him try and earn it next season. 

FWIW I think saying coaching for Gus kills careers is a bit far. It definitely hurts though as we have seen with Chip & Rhett. They have to go to lower paid & lower tiered jobs to prove themselves all over again.

Archived