Chip Out As AU OC (thread title updated)

TitanTiger

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree.... if Gus can't call the plays why is he out there?    It's up to him to make the offense work and downloading the job to some lesser experienced person does not seem smart for him or for AU.  .   He got the money because he was supposed to know offenses....so let him try and earn it next season. 

Exactly. It's a make it or break it year for Gus next year. If it was me...if i'm getting fired...i get fired doing it my way if i can't get someone like Freeze. 

Freeze is the only hope I have for next year. He is a bargain at any price and can teach Gus a few things. Let’s see what he can do. As much damage as our leadership has done with this Gus fiasco Freeze might be the best HC option we have when Gus is finally paid to leave. 

War Eagle 

So if Gus can't hire an OC what do they expect him to do? This would kill any chance we have of a half way decent season next year. This is so backwards. They won't fire him but they want to hamstring him even more. He isn't going to quit so the only other option is for us to be terrible until his contract runs out. Freeze would come if they let him. If he doesn't get our job then I'm back off the Greene bandwagon.   

24 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Exactly. It's a make it or break it year for Gus next year. If it was me...if i'm getting fired...i get fired doing it my way if i can't get someone like Freeze. 

He does need to get a good QB coach however...JMO but that's where Chip dropped the ball.  Gus was not tutoring JS and no doubt he went backward....not sure who worked with JS in the off season but his  pocket awareness problems were even worse this year as was inability to scramble away from trouble.    Hoping we get someone to improve that situation.  

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Lol how many years is it a make or break season for Gus? IDK why Gus is the coach AU decides to give unwarranted chance after chance too. The good thing about AU is that it usually lowers the boom at the first sign of trouble. Not the case with Gus. Around and around we go on this Merry Go round! lol

1 hour ago, fredst said:

E4203606-2E7A-44E6-BDA8-C8582FE9C5CE.gif

MR FRED!!!! you fam for life!!! You are Christmas card material! haha. Kendal Briles for the Next Auburn Football coach AM I right?!

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

MR FRED!!!! you fam for life!!! You are Christmas card material! haha. Kendal Briles for the Next Auburn Football coach AM I right?!

C7F5E8DB-E6B8-4272-A708-AAFE65E2CC60.gif

I disagree that Gus killed rhetts career. Withiut being dragged along as Gus's bitch, he never makes it to where he is now. 

He improved UConn and has moved in to SMU where he did pretty well last year. 

Chip is a different story, he would have been picked up by a major school soon and with what is known about Gus's meddling, he can probably still get a good job. 

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

If Herb Hand was really so bad, how did Texas manage to get into the Sugar Bowl this year? Just askin'

More experienced, better Strength and Conditioning program, Ehlinger is a legit threat to run the ball, Johnson and Humphry actually catch the ball vs quitting in the middle of the season.

Mr. Freeze is Gus' best hope for survival. I think he is the only person Gus would truly trust enough to allow "relative" full control.  I also think he would stay for a bit before another HC gig. Other OC would go insane by the end of spring.    Nix in a freeze offense would be fun to watch.  Nix the Freeze. 

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

More experienced, better Strength and Conditioning program, Ehlinger is a legit threat to run the ball, Johnson and Humphry actually catch the ball vs quitting in the middle of the season.

I feel it should be noted that it is a matter of time before Herb Hand turns Texas' Offensive line in Swiss cheese. Poor Sean White was probably smarter than we take him for... Had that been him starting the Clemson game he'd have left in a body-cast...

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

I feel it should be noted that it is a matter of time before Herb Hand turns Texas' Offensive line in Swiss cheese. Poor Sean White was probably smarter than we take him for... Had that been him starting the Clemson game he'd have left in a body-cast...

They drove the poor boy to drink!!

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Problem for Chip is this is exactly why Les got the boot at LSU. He refused to adapt and change his offense from the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. I sincerely hope he lets Chip run HIS OFFENSE. Dude deserves to be left the hell alone and be able to run what he wants.

I think Les Miles issue is that he thought that style of offense was the best chance at beating Alabama.

When he was at Ok State he actually gave up part of his salary to get Gundy to come back and be the OC. I didn't hear much about them fighting and my sister was still up in Stillwater at that time. Should of had a Gundy vs Miles showdown but they went with the Alabama rematch (so lame).

Course Gundy did boot double digit numbers off the team following Miles departure though lol.

One of those deals.......knew all along CCL would be out in December.; yet somehow, when it happens, it's wierdly disappointing. I bet he'll crush it at his next stop. 

Hmmm. I tend to believe none of the rumors reported are true. JMHO 

20 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Hmmm. I tend to believe none of the rumors reported are true. JMHO 

Which rumor exactly lol

The fact that chip is a hot commodity as soon as he drops tells me that people that really know coaching and the situation of being here, that nobody holds it against him. We really are a joke right now

Haven't heard... Is CCL taking up booth space in the bowl game or is he already....

tenor.gif

Soooo... what does this mean for our Bowl game in a few weeks? Changing OC's is a big deal with such a short time to prepare. Is Gus the interim OC in this game?

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Which rumor exactly lol

ALL. 

48 minutes ago, auskull said:

Soooo... what does this mean for our Bowl game in a few weeks? Changing OC's is a big deal with such a short time to prepare. Is Gus the interim OC in this game?

assuming gus wasnt micro managing? 

Archived