Chip Out As AU OC (thread title updated)

TitanTiger

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

Do we feel good about freeze as our OC if we get him or is it just temporary? 

We don't feel good about getting him last I heard.

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

Do we feel good about freeze as our OC if we get him or is it just temporary? 

Would be similar to Muschamp IMO. Borrowed time, have to hope he brings an assistant with him that could take over if he bolted for a new job.

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If the assistant funds freeze reports from every AU reporter are true Gus can't get his guy.

E..am only asking because I do not know..is there decent information that CGM genuinely wantes Freeze?

2 minutes ago, ausburn said:

Null

Is this how the PTB feel about Hugh?

Glad I'm not the only one who laughs every time I see that ad! LOL

As for the OC - if it's not Gus himself (as said on here - let him go down with his ship) then we're probably screwed even worse. I just don't see Freeze getting hired on knowing he'll be gone after a season.

.... Unless... we promote Freeze to HC after Gus.

Oh dear God...

38 minutes ago, aufan@una said:

What is the chances that Gus doubles down and names himself as OC and then goes and finds someone as a QB coach? 

That would be a "legitimate" and (more than that) an honest decision on his part. One can only wait and see as is the case in the AU World of Football.

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

E..am only asking because I do not know..is there decent information that CGM genuinely wantes Freeze?

Yes. Been posted by connected people for a couple months & by AU reporters for nearly a month.

Gus should run the offense like he did in 2009/2010. Go back and watch.....much better than what we've had recently. 

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't know but I don't think it factors in the decision. There are reports Chip may not have even been at AU this past weekend during KB's OV.

43 seconds ago

Gus Malzahn has taken a huge role in Kelly Bryant's recruitment, along with Larry Porter. It doesn't seem like Chip Lindsey has been involved much.

I'm interested how this is going to play out. I almost feel like, if KB is coming Gus needs to call the plays. If not, Freeze would be the best guy to come in and develop what we have. 

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Problem there is Gus hasn't let an offense coach do real work with the QBs before. Hard to see him letting go of that control now.

Oh I agree with this completely I was thinking that it would probably be someone like ryan applin that he would bring in as his QB coach in my scenario. 

12 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Good move for him.  really allows him to do his thing

Leaving a booger picker for a grass eater.  Poor Chip.  I hope he does well out there.

I'd rather Gus took over play calling, so we didn't have to argue about who's calling the plays. He wouldn't have anyone in his ear. Just the "offensive genius" vs the world. It would be compelling to watch. Maybe bring in a QB coach in Chips place. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'd rather Gus took over play calling, so we didn't have to argue about who's calling the plays. He wouldn't have anyone in his ear. Just the "offensive genius" vs the world. It would be compelling to watch. Maybe bring in a QB coach in Chips place. 

The problem is Gus does not think he needs a QB coach.  He thinks he can do it.  He is the Baskin Robbins of offensive coaching.

Just now, NorthGATiger said:

The problem is Gus does not think he needs a QB coach.  He thinks he can do it.  He is the Baskin Robbins of offensive coaching.

Except his 32 flavors don't taste good.

Archived