Chip Out As AU OC (thread title updated)

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, Auburn Kev said:

Without quality assistsnts Auburn will never get better. I'm hoping Gus has an epiphany and realizes he must change to grow as a coach. 

I am not naive. It will never happen, but a guy can dream things will get better.

I am just waiting for next year brother. You answered why in your response! lol. WAR EAGLE ANYWAYS EVERYDAY KEV!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

but there has been crickets coming out of Tennessee.

Well Pruitt & hillbillies are in Tennessee. No telling what's coming out of there.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

It could be a coincidence, but I do find it odd that Freeze was rumored to be new OC at Tennessee, but there has been crickets coming out of Tennessee.

Was hoping Lindsey went to Tenn, so Freeze wouldn’t. Gus and he are friends, so who knows?

By Scott Roussel -

This afternoon, Liberty head coach Turner Gill announced he is retiring.

“It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing my retirement from coaching,” Gill said in a statement. “In the summer of 2016, my wife Gayle was diagnosed with a heart condition. Both Gayle and I wanted to be here to help Liberty through their transition and we are so glad to have done so. We have come to the realization that it is now time for me to step away. I can’t put into words how much this coaching staff, support staff and the players mean to us. We are so thankful for President Falwell, Becki Falwell and Ian McCaw and their support during our time here. They, as well as all of those mentioned, have been and will continue to be blessings in our lives. To God be the glory!”

Immediately speculation began that Hugh Freeze would be the choice to succeed Gill. Freeze has a well established connection with the University and its leadership.

In January Freeze gave his first public talk there.

So we asked the question: is Hugh actually a legitimate candidate? The response we received from a source connected to Liberty is that the school has already advanced the discussions. A source tells FootballScoop Hugh Freeze is indeed a strong candidate at Liberty.

As a private university, Liberty has the ability to move fast here. Source told us this one could come together quickly.

Stay tuned to The Scoop for all the latest coaching job information.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:
By Scott Roussel -

This afternoon, Liberty head coach Turner Gill announced he is retiring.

“It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing my retirement from coaching,” Gill said in a statement. “In the summer of 2016, my wife Gayle was diagnosed with a heart condition. Both Gayle and I wanted to be here to help Liberty through their transition and we are so glad to have done so. We have come to the realization that it is now time for me to step away. I can’t put into words how much this coaching staff, support staff and the players mean to us. We are so thankful for President Falwell, Becki Falwell and Ian McCaw and their support during our time here. They, as well as all of those mentioned, have been and will continue to be blessings in our lives. To God be the glory!”

Immediately speculation began that Hugh Freeze would be the choice to succeed Gill. Freeze has a well established connection with the University and its leadership.

In January Freeze gave his first public talk there.

So we asked the question: is Hugh actually a legitimate candidate? The response we received from a source connected to Liberty is that the school has already advanced the discussions. A source tells FootballScoop Hugh Freeze is indeed a strong candidate at Liberty.

As a private university, Liberty has the ability to move fast here. Source told us this one could come together quickly.

Stay tuned to The Scoop for all the latest coaching job information.

It's starting. I can see what down the pipe. Hugh goes to Liberty. Gus fails next year, and in comes Hugh.

1 minute ago, AU82 said:

All right.  OC here and Uncle Rico as QB coach

We joke about Coach Klein but his talent evaluation skills are wayyyy better than Gus's.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It's starting. I can see what down the pipe. Hugh goes to Liberty. Gus fails next year, and in comes Hugh.

My immediate thought upon reading that Liberty could be his landing spot. 

morgan.gif

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Works for me. 3 years away from the SEC is enough to hire him as a Head Coach. Dude won at Ole Miss which is impossible to do. We could and have done a lot worse. He is not Art Briles level of radioactive. 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I feel this will be another lazy Gus hire like Grimey, rather have a yes man than a good coach.   Gonna be a big ole "MEH"

We need a new OL coach more than anything. We continue to get obliterated on the trail when it comes to OL crutin. It is going to get worse not better with Grimes.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like Ben Affleck's character in Good Will Hunting, showing up at Matt Damon's door every morning hoping he won't be there to answer it but sad when it finally happens. 

Thanks, Chip. You've got a lot of Auburn fans pulling for you. Good luck and enjoy the fresh air wherever you go. 

My all time favorite movie 

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nooo we need to bring in the big guns here.

coach-klein.png

This picture really needs to be photosopped or whatever for that to be Gus's book in his hands.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We need a new OL coach more than anything. We continue to get obliterated on the trail when it comes to OL crutin. It is going to get worse not better with Grimes.

agree, thought it was a terribly lazy hire by Gus and was just another nail in his coffin for me.     I just don't know if it is possible for him to hire a good coach at this point. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

agree, thought it was a terribly lazy hire by Gus and was just another nail in his coffin for me.     I just don't know if it is possible for him to hire a good coach at this point. 

Ryan Pugh would be in the same vein of a "lazy and easy" hire but at least it would have imagination and upside. Hiring Uncle Fester is not helping at all.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Works for me. 3 years away from the SEC is enough to hire him as a Head Coach. Dude won at Ole Miss which is impossible to do. We could and have done a lot worse. He is not Art Briles level of radioactive. 

As head coach at Auburn? No disrespect but did he win more because he cheated or did he win more because of his coaching??? He got some players that helped him win that may not have went there if he did not cheat. As an OC yeah, but maybe a bit early as HC. But hey I am all for redemption stories so you never know maybe I could warm up to it. Just take his phone.

Archived