Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

Will Gus take the job and move assistants around or does he hire an OC?  If so who?

Personally, I got no clue what Coach Dufus does but I think he will move some assistants around and take the job himself as he will have very few willing to take the job.  Not sure who would want the job knowing the current state of affairs and how it has worked out for others under Dufus.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Will Gus take the job and move assistants around or does he hire an OC?  If so who?

Personally, I got no clue what Coach Dufus does but I think he will move some assistants around and take the job himself as he will have very few willing to take the job.  Not sure who would want the job knowing the current state of affairs and how it has worked out for others under Dufus.

phan, does it really $^&*(*(% matter anymore?.....i'm so disgusted and listening to bill camerons show, i am not alone

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

phan, does it really $^&*(*(% matter anymore?.....i'm so disgusted and listening to bill camerons show, i am not alone

i am with ya.   Gonna support the players out there like crazy and all other athletic programs,  just can't support the football program under his direction.

I think if we could get a Rob Chudzinski to take the job as an audition to take over next year that could be an interesting.  He would be able to stand up to Gus for sure.

Pretty sure Cam would be for this.

I’m not sure what restrictions Gus has on him for hiring in the off season.  It was speculated it was going to be cost neutral, so that will have a lot to do with who he can hire.  The Gus thing to do is take of the OC duties himself and let Kodi be the QBs coach. I wonder how Kelly Bryant and Kodi hit it off over the weekend?

8 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Not sure why Freeze would work for a lame-duck coach unless he's already planning to leave after one season.

I think that would be his plan similar to Muschamp

Gus might as well call the plays himself. That way when the wheels come off again there is no one else to blame. Even though some on here will try to blame anyone or anything other than Gus.  Buckle up Kelly Bryant, it will be your fault when we lose 5 next year. 

Gus will no doubt turn his search to an OC who has proven that players can execute a game plan under his direction. That was the missing piece this year. When Gus hires this guy we are set and Saturdays will be fun again. No more issues. :-\

7 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Kliff Kingsbury gets my vote, but he's nowhere near the conversation. 

He took the USC OC job today. 

I’m for Gus running the damn thing. Captain goes down with the ship. 

Need to make the OC a QB coach position and hire someone for that. Let Gus call the plays. That way he sinks or swims with his way of doing things. If we’re gonna have him next year, might as well support him. Give him everything he needs to be successful, but tell him it’s his show and he’s running it. No rumors about meddling with OC game plan, no questions about who’s calling the plays, no question about who’s developing the talent. Just Gus and his offense. Sink or swim. 

6 minutes ago, AURocketman said:

So maybe let players make it up in the huddle.  Might help with this years recruiting.

Heck most of them know high school playbooks.

I'm willing to be Bo Nix has had a lot of conversations, lessons, and experience with play calling and playbooks.

Eliah Drinkwitz from NC State would be a good choice IMO.

Good all around coordinator, solid QB coach, decent recruiter and he & Gus know each other very well. Another Malzahn disciple (kryptonite to some on this board but I have no problem with it since that's not all he brings to the table). 

Archived