Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

6 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Tee Martin's name keeps coming up in this thread but is there any evidence that Tee Martin has ever developed a quarterback at the collegiate level? He was wide receiver coach and offensive coordinator at USC but not the QB coach. So why all of a sudden  should he be able to to coach and develop a quarterback?

Because this thread is just silly fun and real hysteria without any real contemplation. 

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Tee Martin's name keeps coming up in this thread but is there any evidence that Tee Martin has ever developed a quarterback at the collegiate level? He was wide receiver coach and offensive coordinator at USC but not the QB coach. So why all of a sudden  should he be able to to coach and develop a quarterback?

Because it does not matter who Gus hires for this position. It is just a symbolic job and title in the Malzahn era. Kinda like being the Vice President! lol.  Gus is going to do what he wants to do and the OC does not have any say. So might as well hire the best recruiter available. Tee Martin being arguably the best recruiter in the entire country is why a lot of us want him. 

Serious question. If Coach Malzahn "becomes" the OC (formally) does that save a salary that would be spent on another coach? Or does he get that allocated salary in addition to the HC salary, too? Under normal circumstances, it may be one way. But under these? Just wanting to know, if someone is in the know. Thanks!

Only 1 man can save us now!!!!! Lyle "butch" Jones.

butch.jpg

7 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

A friend who's a Tennessee grad told me that Pruitt doesn't want Tee Martin, but is getting heavy pressure to hire him from boosters remembering the NC.  Thamel said he turned down an FCS HC job, so he must have some options, or a nice buyout in place.

47 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Serious question. If Coach Malzahn "becomes" the OC (formally) does that save a salary that would be spent on another coach? Or does he get that allocated salary in addition to the HC salary, too? Under normal circumstances, it may be one way. But under these? Just wanting to know, if someone is in the know. Thanks!

He would not get any additional money and would still have one opening on his on field coaching staff to fill.

1 hour ago, im4au said:

A friend who's a Tennessee grad told me that Pruitt doesn't want Tee Martin, but is getting heavy pressure to hire him from boosters remembering the NC.  Thamel said he turned down an FCS HC job, so he must have some options, or a nice buyout in place.

Good job Pruitt - don’t let boosters influence who you hire....it’s a slippery slope. Hire who you think is best for your players and your staff.

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

He would not get any additional money and would still have one opening on his on field coaching staff to fill.

Good.  He can hire someone to teach them how to PROPERLY run 25 WR Bubblescreens.  Or..... even better, a Meerkat Control Coach.  That would be so helpful. 😁

Just talked with Allen Greene on the phone. He said the first person to like this post and put me at 1000 gets to decide who our next coach is. 😎

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Good job Pruitt - don’t let boosters influence who you hire....it’s a slippery slope. Hire who you think is best for your players and your staff.

He probably got his job because of those same boosters don't you think..?

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He probably got his job because of those same boosters don't you think..?

I would hope those boosters would allow a coach to do his job, and work with the AD towardS other projects. I know boosters have a long reach but sometimes their influence hurts way more than it helps. Just look at the current state of our Auburn Tiger football program.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:17 PM, doc4aday said:

I wonder if Fedora is interested in the job? Heck, I have heard Petrino's name mentioned by those in the know. This, Petrino is likely not going to happen. Heck, hire Patrick Nix as the OC. His HS team has done well and he would be good for Bo.  I just do not see Kodi being the choice.

hey nutspan, who do you think is going to be the new OC?  I am curious as to why  you gave me a down sign. All is good and fine my friend!

11 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I would hope those boosters would allow a coach to do his job, and work with the AD towardS other projects. I know boosters have a long reach but sometimes their influence hurts way more than it helps. Just look at the current state of our Auburn Tiger football program.

Boosters meddle....most seem to figure it is their right in exchange for their money....and all must think they are smarter than the AD or coach.  Only way to keep boosters at bay is WIN.

I’m hoping its Jeff Grimes for no other reason than he can recruit!! More specifically he can recruit linemen. Untill that issue is resolved it doesn’t matter who is OC.  

Archived