Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call BS on all earlier reports about the renogiated contract and restraints on coaching hires and money etc... I bet the contract status didn’t change and Gus will be able to hire whoever he wants..

2 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

Kliff Kingsbury gets my vote, but he's nowhere near the conversation. 

He is the new OC at USC.

I think it will be Larry Fedora.  He just got canned from UNC and would likely welcome close to 1 million for next year. WIth Chip leaving, this opens up a lot of money for Gus to throw at someone to come in. If the SEC office will let Gus have Freeze then this will happen. If not look for someone like Fedora, maybe Jeff Scott from Clemson. The offensive coordinator and Oklahoma State has produced some big numbers there.

Who knows folks. Gus could bring in someone we have never heard of before or could be the OC and this is what I would sort of like to see. This would expose Gus one way or the other. I am pulling names out of the hat and really have no clue of who it will be or not be. Maybe some in the know can step in and enlighten us.

1 minute ago, Browning4AU said:

People keep saying that, but it doesn't appear to be official. 

I think it will happen soon. Who knows. I thought he was already on board for USC.

12 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

corrected

11 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Just now....you are right. I thought it was official and read one source that said he was another said it is not official yet. My bad!

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

I call BS on all earlier reports about the renogiated contract and restraints on coaching hires and money etc... I bet the contract status didn’t change and Gus will be able to hire whoever he wants..

I would tend to agree at this point. Likely just a negotiated lower buyout and nothing beyond that. I asked PM about this and he does not know one way or the other on this. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I think that would be his plan similar to Muschamp

This is why i'm kind of torn if i want Hugh...only to lose him after a year or two. If our offense does get turned around...i have zero confidence in Gus to maintain it. Then we're back to the GusShortBus. Still on the Gus roller coaster. 

Jeff Scott or KB please. Don’t want freeze as he will bounce as soon as a power 5 school offer a HC position.

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If he hires Freeze then you can bet the Josh Moon reports were 100% bunk.  Freeze would have to be completely insane to get anywhere near Auburn if this football program is anything close to as dysfunctional as has been described.  I'm betting Patrick Nix is coming as QB coach and Gus Malzahn takes the handlebars back "officially".

I believe there is now a rule that would prohibit both Pat and Bo coming this year. Could be wrong. Where ya at @ellitor

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jeff Scott or KB please. Don’t want freeze as he will bounce as soon as a power 5 school offer a HC position.

Muschamp corrected our Defensive attitude and brought in some serious talent in a short period of time.  Something that created a great opportunity to get Steele.   Freeze could do the same.   But we need Oline talent, period. 

9 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I believe there is now a rule that would prohibit both Pat and Bo coming this year. Could be wrong. Where ya at @ellitor

On field position is okay, off the field would not be okay.

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not sure if Auburn could afford Jeff Scott. He is currently making $855,000 with Clemson. 

14 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Not sure if Auburn could afford Jeff Scott. He is currently making $855,000 with Clemson. 

Money is no issue. It’s basically growing on trees in lee county 

15 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Money is no issue. It’s basically growing on trees in lee county 

I keep hearing that but doubt it is true......easy to spend other people's money :dunno:  and no assurances of what you get.

If it's Hugh Freeze, we've got a mercenary. 

What does that really accomplish?  Is he going to stay?  Is he going to bother to design and run his own offense?  Is Gus going to listen to him and actually change anything?  I'm skeptical.  I've never felt so apathetic about an OC hire. 

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I think it will be Larry Fedora.  He just got canned from UNC and would likely welcome close to 1 million for next year. WIth Chip leaving, this opens up a lot of money for Gus to throw at someone to come in. If the SEC office will let Gus have Freeze then this will happen. If not look for someone like Fedora, maybe Jeff Scott from Clemson. The offensive coordinator and Oklahoma State has produced some big numbers there.

Who knows folks. Gus could bring in someone we have never heard of before or could be the OC and this is what I would sort of like to see. This would expose Gus one way or the other. I am pulling names out of the hat and really have no clue of who it will be or not be. Maybe some in the know can step in and enlighten us.

I am hoping for Fedora or Yurich. They both are Gundy guys.

I know I'm probably the only person that doesn't want baby Briles here, but I know alot of people that have already said they would lose so much respect for Auburn with that hire. Have to give the GF props for the dig also, she goes sure hire Briles... then informed that Corey Myers was available for softball. I like the feisty, she's so fun lol.

Archived