Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

No, to be clear, I'm not judging; I am merely intrigued by the irony. The AD at Liberty is also the former AD at Baylor. Just not where I would have thought he lands first. 🤷‍♂️

I was not saying you were judging . I am saying that was the mindset of the same very guy with Briles. It also was where Freeze made a public appearance post his issues. I get what your saying though. Just not surprised it’s at another Christian Institute. 

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If I were Gus, I’d be expecting the brush back before the high heat.

It would be a waste of a pitch.   Why brush him back when you know he cant go yard 

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

It would be a waste of a pitch.   Why brush him back when you know he cant go yard 

Not so, like the 2013 UGA game, if he is setting dead red anybody can get lucky.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not so, like the 2013 UGA game, if he is setting dead red anybody can get lucky.

Now with his returning cast.   Auburn will be terrible next year and he will be done.   Genius thought it was a good idea to pad his QB depth chart year after year of projects 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I just want Tech to have a competent coach.  They frustrated me to no end sitting in a talent-rich state like Georgia and not even trying to be good.  Tech has an opportunity to be a really good football program if they tried.

I dunno, I kinda like that they're just allowing all that in-state talent to look at other programs. Certainly doesn't hurt our cause.

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I dunno, I kinda like that they're just allowing all that in-state talent to look at other programs. Certainly doesn't hurt our cause.

It would make UGA's schedule less of a cakewalk.  And my brother is a Tech grad so I have to pull for them a little.

Sadly, the way things are shaping up with our soft and ineffectual O-line, QB questions, Gus as a lame duck coach (barring a loaves and fishes or Channukah type miracle), and now what is looking more and more likely to be another "meh" hire/handcuffed figurehead to be hired as OC,  I'm bracing myself for 2012 Part II. Sad, but that's my realistic outlook, but I still love AU, and I'll still cheer, though I won't be spending my money until I see changes. WDE 

Lot of chatter on the on another board about Kodi and Tee Martin being the most likely, based on Cole Cubelic's words. I'd love to have Tee come in and coach QBs and Gus call the plays. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not if you take into account some other folks with well documented transgressions that Liberty has embraced.  This doesn't shock me in the least.

What well-documented transgressions are these?

Is Tee Martin really that desperate to come here? We are not a good situation right now and he's got his best days in front of him. Why would he want to potentially torpedo his career trajectory by coming here?

4 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Doesn't Liberty seem like an unusual fit for Freeze, given his most recent history? Anybody? 

Falwell and Freeze seem like a perfect pair to me.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Is Tee Martin really that desperate to come here? We are not a good situation right now and he's got his best days in front of him. Why would he want to potentially torpedo his career trajectory by coming here?

What's the worst that can happen. He'd be a QB coach. People aren't going to blacklist our position coaches if Gus doesn't field a good team next year. Van Gorder got an NFL job after the 2012 season! Haha

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What's the worst that can happen. He'd be a QB coach. People aren't going to blacklist our position coaches if Gus doesn't field a good team next year. Van Gorder got an NFL job after the 2012 season! Haha

You're right, but if I'm not mistaken he's not exactly starving for opportunities is he? Surely there is a softer landing spot than here. But hey, I'll accept him with open arms. I just wish it was going to be for longer than an inevitable 1 year rental.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You're right, but if I'm not mistaken he's not exactly starving for opportunities is he? Surely there is a softer landing spot than here. But hey, I'll accept him with open arms. I just wish it was going to be for longer than an inevitable 1 year rental.

Not sure what kind of OC offers he's getting, but he's probably getting some lucrative WR coach offers. This is my very well-informed opinion based off 2 articles I just read.

4 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

Although it seems there was some meddling, I'm legit curious on how Tennessee missed on Freeze as well. I really think Sankey and the SEC stepped in again and strongly discouraged UT and AU. I don't think Sankey has the legal power to stop it, but if AU didn't work out, then go to the next SEC school that wanted him. Liberty, all the way up in Virginia...??

I think he either wanted Auburn or nothing, he also had FSU on the line who he put off

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

He's a great recruiter. I'm guessing he'll be ok no matter what. 

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We could sure use his recruiting

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure what kind of OC offers he's getting, but he's probably getting some lucrative WR coach offers. This is my very well-informed opinion based off 2 articles I just read.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He's a great recruiter. I'm guessing he'll be ok no matter what. 

I see his only OC experience was at USC the last few years. He might see QB coach as being a clearer path to getting another OC job than WR coach. 

This was Dameyune Craig's thinking, wasn't it?

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I see his only OC experience was at USC the last few years. He might see QB coach as being a clearer path to getting another OC job than WR coach. 

This was Dameyune Craig's thinking, wasn't it?

Makes sense to me. If you're an OC who can coach QBs, you're probably more marketable. At this point I'd take an OC who can coach O line though😂😂. We ain't doing anything next year if we don't get this OL issue handled. 

41 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Scott Leoffler's ho-hum offensive prowess just landed him a head coaching gig. Some coaches just have a knack for failing upwards.

At this point I just want someone that can develop a quarterback and recruit. Beyond that it doesn't really matter as we all know Gus will be calling all plays. If we could get decent quarterback and offensive line play next year we might be able to have a respectable season

Archived