Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Going to need a running game next year, big time.

If we just had an SEC-caliber back. 

59 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I’m on the shivers train . He will the premier back in the sec . Whitlow needs work, but he is a sec back . We do indeed have two that will do a great job pending a decent oline 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m on the shivers train . He will the premier back in the sec . Whitlow needs work, but he is a sec back . We do indeed have two that will do a great job pending a decent oline 

I like him, too.  I want to see him play for real vs Purdue.  

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

We have em. Next year we might not have an SEC caliber QB and line though. Especially if Gatewood gets pushed to another position even though he’s been destined to be a God at QB. 

10 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I like him, too.  I want to see him play for real vs Purdue.  

Bowl game is a great time to let everybody get multiple carries.  Also, several qbs should play get playing time. Let them pass.  Kind of an audition for next year.  Nothing to lose.  

1 minute ago, AU82 said:

Bowl game is a great time to let everybody get multiple carries.  Also, several qbs should play get playing time. Let them pass.  Kind of an audition for next year.  

Yes it is... but what makes you think Gus will do that... Doesn't really fit his MO.... 

The only thing with Boobie is a lot of injuries. I hope he gets over them. He has the ability and toughness just needs to not be injured all the time. Shivers is a stud, period. Gus’s mistake not using him enough this year.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The only thing with Boobie is a lot of injuries. I hope he gets over them. He has the ability and toughness just needs to not be injured all the time. Shivers up s a stud, period. Gus’s mistake not using him enough this year.

Gus made a mistake utilizing a running back?  That’s unheard of.  

I also think we have other talent there too. Asa will be much better with a year of S&C. I think Kam will fill in for RDs spot. And I think Joiner could take Chandlers spot at HB especially on goal line package.

8 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Doesn't Liberty seem like an unusual fit for Freeze, given his most recent history? Anybody? 

My thought was redemptive?

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

don't shoot the messenger, but the AU "expert" on the rant is saying bentley is coming as OC....

Well... a High School Coach should be good at running a High School Offense... /Sarcasm

Just now, Bathel said:

Well... a High School Coach should be good at running a High School Offense... /Sarcasm

that all that is involved in malzahns "tree".....maybe jake comes with him

1 minute ago, Bathel said:

Saban hires Kiffen, Enos, Locksley.  We hire Bentley. 

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

now reported by bill cameron on the "drive"

I had a feeling that's what might happen. Said something about Bobby the other day. He's a Gus yes man. Typical Gustavo.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I had a feeling that's what might happen. Said something about Bobby the other day. He's a Gus yes man. Typical Gustavo.

Gus really does want next season to be his last at AU apparently.

4 minutes ago, AU82 said:

Saban hires Kiffen, Enos, Locksley.  We hire Bentley. 

In all fairness, who'd want to come here to coach ?  The Admin/Gus made a deal that absolutely kills recruiting and any potential hires.  I just don't get what the hell they were thinking... such a screwed up situation that nobody wants to touch...

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus really does want next season to be his last at AU apparently.

He probably didn't have much to work with. If Bentley can coach QBs, Gus will probably do the rest. I don't see ol Bobby being able to grab those recruits. Probably be as good as Chip was though.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Look at the bright side. Could’ve been burns. At least Bentley might trick some people into thinking he is actually an OC

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.   Honestly, nothing surprises me about Auburn athletics.   Just look at past history and I’m not just talking about football.   Basketball: go on a nice run with C CE and end up on probation 

swimming: go on the greatest Run in the history of SEC and can’t keep the coach 

baseball: need I say more than the complete laughing stock with the Galloway hiring and firing 

womens softball:  wow.   What a complete shi$ show that was

does everyone see a common theme here, or is it me?   I don’t think it is because I didn’t even get to football.   

Archived