Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He probably didn't have much to work with. If Bentley can coach QBs, Gus will probably do the rest. I don't see ol Bobby being able to grab those recruits. Probably be as good as Chip was though.

Which is why he should of mounted a full court press to get Tee Martin. And Nah I am not giving gus a pass on that excuse. His last 2 OC hires have been lackluster. He clearly only wants to hire guys he can control. He could have 4 million a year to spend on a oc and he would choose to make this kind of hire. The only reason he wanted freeze which would of been a great hire is because they have a already established friendship.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AU82 said:

Saban hires Kiffen, Enos, Locksley.  We hire Bentley. 

Also, butch jones, Steve sarkisan, former Florida and Colorado state head coach (McElwain)

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus really does want next season to be his last at AU apparently.

Praise the football gods!!!

:yay:

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Which is why he should of mounted a full court press to get Tee Martin. And Nah I am not giving gus a pass on that excuse. His last 2 OC hires have been lackluster. He clearly only wants to hire guys he can control. He could have 4 million a year to spend on a oc and he would choose to make this kind of hire. The only reason he wanted freeze which would of been a great hire is because they have a already established friendship.

I feel your pain man. I don't think it really matter with Bentley. I don't think he is bringing him in to use his offense and call plays. He's probably bringing him in to coach QBs and coordinate game plans. Which he should be doing under Gus's control. 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Praise the football gods!!!

:yay:

Amen 72!!! I can stomach 1 more disappointing year as long as it gets gus out! WAR DAMN!

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I feel your pain man. I don't think it really matter with Bentley. I don't think he is bringing him in to use his offense and call plays. He's probably bringing him in to coach QBs and coordinate game plans. Which he should be doing under Gus's control. 

If we are just going the QB coach route who does not call plays then Tee Martin is the way to go. He is arguably the best recruiter in the country. BUT again Gus gonna Gus and he just wants to hire who he knows.

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Also, butch jones, Steve sarkisan, former Florida and Colorado state head coach (McElwain)

1. Saban is one of the best coaches in college football history, so people want to work for him.

2. Saban is a defensive guy, so his OCs usually don't get messed with, so that attracks the real OC's. 

We aren't exactly comparing apples to apples here. Lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

If we are just going the QB coach route who does not call plays then Tee Martin is the way to go. He is arguably the best recruiter in the country. BUT again Gus gonna Gus and he just wants to hire who he knows.

Yep that's exactly what happened. To be fair though, he may have asked Tee and Tee was like nahhh you're a lame duck. Haha

and AU football continues to fall because of it

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

1. Saban is one of the best coaches in college football history, so people want to work for him.

2. Saban is a defensive guy, so his OCs usually don't get messed with, so that attracks the real OC's. 

We aren't exactly comparing apples to apples here. Lol

Auburn has the worst luck ever. God really is a Bama fan or all of the above. Cause the 2 best coaches in College football history coach for our freaking rival. No one has had more ish to deal with than us.

Just now, doverstutts said:

and AU football continues to fall because of it

Someone needs to tell Gus that networking is great, but not if you are in a network of 4 guys and never branch out. Lol

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Amen 72!!! I can stomach 1 more disappointing year as long as it gets gus out! WAR DAMN!

The good news is, after the last 4-5 years, it won't even be a "disappointing" year.  It's what (most) have now come to expect. :drink9:

We might even have a year long thread on who the next target HC will be.  :popcorn:

That will at least be more entertaining than fake zone-read handoffs, WR bubblescreens and overthown bombs. :soapbox:

Auburn has the worst luck ever. God really is a Bama fan or all of the above. Cause the 2 best coaches in College football history coach for our freaking rival. No one has had more ish to deal with than us.

It's because that University is literally built around a football culture. That's all they care about. That's all they know. Half their fans have never even been to Tuscaloosa and about a quarter have probably never been to the state of Alabama. UofA is pretty like a semi pro football team and it's massive front office.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Could be worse man. We could be Arky or Ole Miss. There is always a worse situation. Haha

Just now, DAG said:

Twitter blowing up about Bentley...will he bring his son with him?

His son is like another Jarrett Stidham. I'd rather just start Bo or take our chances with Cord or Gatewood. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

His son is like another Jarrett Stidham. I'd rather just start Bo or take our chances with Cord or Gatewood. 

Go Bo!!!

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Twitter blowing up about Bentley...will he bring his son with him?

I just looked for it. I don't even know if this is anything more than a rumor so I was trying to find something concrete. You seeing anything?

Bentley (QB) would have to sit out a year anyway, right? Is he unhappy at South Cackalacky or something? 

It's because that University is literally built around a football culture. That's all they care about. That's all they know. Half their fans have never even been to Tuscaloosa and about a quarter have probably never been to the state of Alabama. UofA is pretty like a semi pro football team and it's massive front office.

The problem is Auburn trys so hard to be different than bama when it comes to how they go about their business in regards to football. There is nothing wrong with going all in on football and have everyone swinging in one direction to make Auburn a consistently great program that we all know we can be. But Auburn fans and higher ups are so concerned about "selling out" and being just like bama. JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!! So they reaaaaaaaaally try so hard to make AU different with pushing the family mantra where people fall back on it when we lose and use it as a crutch to deflect around bama and georgia fans. Do not worry about anything else. Whatmakes Auburn special will continue to make AU special even if GOD FORBID we do everything necessary to be the great program we should have all along. the resources are there. JUST MAKE A BIG BOLD hire for the next head coach. Why pay some up and comer 3 million a year when you can just pay a proven commodity 7 or 8 million? Do not worry about outside noise. Lets take care of us.

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Could be worse man. We could be Arky or Ole Miss. There is always a worse situation. Haha

hahahaah there really is not. I think if Bama was even just at a georgia level of a program that WE could of been the blue blood and not them. I mean we are fringe blue blood as it is being a top 15 program all time.

I just looked for it. I don't even know if this is anything more than a rumor so I was trying to find something concrete. You seeing anything?

It seems to have stemmed from USCe 247 board but it’s blocked of course. Guy is a RBs coach..don’t see how he is even qualified for such a role here other than he being an analyst under Malzahn once upon a time. I agree with GWILL idea about Tee Martin.

Archived