Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaah there really is not. I think if Bama was even just at a georgia level of a program that WE could of been the blue blood and not them. I mean we are fringe blue blood as it is being a top 15 program all time.

We did get unlucky. And to have to play those two and the end of every season and both on the road every other year is criminal.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Could be worse man. We could be Arky or Ole Miss. There is always a worse situation. Haha

Arky was where Auburn is now 2 yrs ago.  They at least told Bert to scram and now they've got a coach that could possibly be a program builder and he's hard at work as we speak.  Might take some time, but it should if you do it right.

Auburn still has it's "Bert"....for the foreseeable future.

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Arky was where Auburn is now 2 yrs ago.  They at least told Bert to scram and now they've got a coach that could possibly be a program builder and he's hard at work as we speak.  Might take some time, but it should if you do it right.

Auburn still has it's "Bert"....for the foreseeable future.

If Gus is our Burt, we aren't as bad off at all as Arky. 

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Gus is our Burt, we aren't as bad off at all as Arky. 

True, I'll Grant you that.

But....still he IS our Bert and Arky jettisoned theirs.  At this time, they're at least in the repair & rebuild phase.

We're still waiting for the complete destruction phase to be complete before we make the change.

42 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Why the hate for Bobby B?

I'm sure Bobby is a great guy and a good coach that loves the game. But you have to admit, he's not exactly the guy we need right now. He brings nothing to the table.

12 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

unless his son comes with him.....we would still need an O-line and a runningback or two to go with him,though

Is he in line to graduate?  I’d only see that if he’s a graduate transfer. However, Jake’s been the starter at USCe for 3 years. I have a had time believing he’d leave his senior year to follow his Dad. Pretty s***ty of him if he does...

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm sure Bobby is a great guy and a good coach that loves the game. But you have to admit. He's not exactly the guy we need right now. He brings nothing to the table.

Ok well he might surprise some people.

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Ok well he might surprise some people.

You're right. He might. But in the situation we are in, I'd personally, for once, like to see a guy come in that we don't have to Hope surprises us.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

That's how you conduct an OC search. 

Only if quality football means something to you.  Sometimes it's just fun to spread some free University money to people you know.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

That's how you conduct an OC search. 

Tennessee is fed up with being irrelevant. I don't blame em. We are just getting started, so we have a long time before our administration decides it's tired of losing.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You're right. He might. But in the situation we are in, I'd personally, for once, like to see a guy come in that we don't have to Hope surprises us.

My anticipation is that he can assist with QB development - particularly Nix and Willis.

There is 0 chance Kendal Briles comes here unless it is as Head Coach. Him and Stidham are super close so no doubt Jarrett has informed him of how Gus handcuffed chip all season long and yanked back playcalling duties from him. After it worked so well when chip ran the offense at the end of last season.

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

What well-documented transgressions are these?

Im sure a lot has to do with Liberty hiring the former president of Baylor...

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Shivers is a stud, period. Gus’s mistake not using him enough this year.

Wait until the bowl game... Purdue has a freshman WR about the same size as Worm. Jeff Brohm will show you/us how to use a playmaker that size. We better all out game plan to stop Rondale Moore or we will see him score on the ground, through the air, and on special teams...

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is 0 chance Kendal Briles comes here unless it is as Head Coach. Him and Stidham are super close so no doubt Jarrett has informed him of how Gus handcuffed chip all season long and yanked back playcalling duties from him. After it worked so well when chip ran the offense at the end of last season.

Are u serious? You really think without a doubt Jarrett said this?

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

With Pruitt and Briles together, the Tenn vs uat game could be watchable in a couple of years.  

Archived